Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

After seeing 6 concerts its easy to recognise all the newbies. before Canada, I could not put all names to faces, even some of the older members, now I can put names to all 23 of the concert attendees, and the others that stayed at home :)

I can even put names to all the solos from the concerts and some of the harmonies as well.

I think the current lineup is great and i'm looking forward to the next concert(s) and seeing if there are anymore changes.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I love that moose picture (No.20) in Libera's gallery, its so cute :)

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:After seeing 6 concerts its easy to recognise all the newbies. before Canada, I could not put all names to faces, even some of the older members, now I can put names to all 23 of the concert attendees, and the others that stayed at home :)

I can even put names to all the solos from the concerts and some of the harmonies as well.

I think the current lineup is great and i'm looking forward to the next concert(s) and seeing if there are anymore changes.
You would think if we get another u.k concert that you would get some of the newbies we have seen before like Matthew Madine , Ciaran Bradberry Hickey , Thomas Little , Ben Fairman and Luis who has a photo in the Peace album booklet.

The reason why we did not see them at Epsom was because it was a dress rehearsal for Canada.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:After seeing 6 concerts its easy to recognise all the newbies. before Canada, I could not put all names to faces, even some of the older members, now I can put names to all 23 of the concert attendees, and the others that stayed at home :)

You would think if we get another u.k concert that you would get some of the newbies we have seen before like Matthew Madine , Ciaran Bradberry Hickey , Thomas Little , Ben Fairman and Luis who has a photo in the Peace album booklet.

The reason why we did not see them at Epsom was because it was a dress rehearsal for Canada.
From what I hear, another UK concert is unlikely this year :(

But yes it would be great to see the full Libera lineup including those you mentioned

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
From what I hear, another UK concert is unlikely this year :(

But yes it would be great to see the full Libera lineup including those you mentioned
:o :o

Thats really surprising to hear and i hope the behavior at Epsom did not play a part in this desision.

Was there any rumours of a Euro tour at all?
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

dani wrote: You would think if we get another u.k concert that you would get some of the newbies we have seen before like Matthew Madine , Ciaran Bradberry Hickey , Thomas Little , Ben Fairman and Luis who has a photo in the Peace album booklet.

I Would love another UK concert ;).. And I'm very curious about all the other Newbies :)..
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

paul30003 wrote: But yes it would be great to see the full Libera lineup including those you mentioned
Can't agree more..
Hopefully they will need another dress rehearsal before a tour to another country? :) I think they could easily get a full house for a concert in UK!
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Murkskis wrote:
paul30003 wrote: But yes it would be great to see the full Libera lineup including those you mentioned
Can't agree more..
Hopefully they will need another dress rehearsal before a tour to another country? :) I think they could easily get a full house for a concert in UK!
Yeah let hope so.. A dress rehearsal with ALL the boys.. Or a dozen dress rehearsals.. concerts ;).

I Would definitely be there..
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

LennesSL wrote:.. Haha.. I hope Maarten does recognize Matthew RA.. Because he is in it for a while ;)..
Yep I do :) It was Eoghan, Dylan, Barney, Matthew J and Jude that I needed to figure out. (Although I used to get Alex and Sam mixed up, and Henry, Sammy and Luke... ;))
I think you were right about which boy is who. I still agree with Murkskis though that 2 and 4 seem different boys. Also, Barney looks a lot different in 20 than in other pictures. But I guess it could be him in 20.
I think I'm getting the hang of them now... So please, wait a little while with a concert with the rest of the new boys! ;) (but just a LITTLE.. :))

Btw - does anyone know/remember how to pronounce Eoghan?

Sorry for getting the thread all off-topic... but it's post-concert-banter anyway ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:
LennesSL wrote:.. Haha.. I hope Maarten does recognize Matthew RA.. Because he is in it for a while ;)..
Yep I do :) It was Eoghan, Dylan, Barney, Matthew J and Jude that I needed to figure out. (Although I used to get Alex and Sam mixed up, and Henry, Sammy and Luke... ;))
I think you were right about which boy is who. I still agree with Murkskis though that 2 and 4 seem different boys. Also, Barney looks a lot different in 20 than in other pictures. But I guess it could be him in 20.
I think I'm getting the hang of them now... So please, wait a little while with a concert with the rest of the new boys! ;) (but just a LITTLE.. :))

Sorry for getting the thread all off-topic... but it's post-concert-banter anyway ;)
i know one guy on the x factor was called this and somebody in college and it never made sense to me as it does not sound anything like its spelt but it was " Owen" the way it was pronounced. Its just the Irish spelling of Owen i guess.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:
maartendas wrote:

i know one guy on the x factor was called this and somebody in college and it never made sense to me as it does not sound anything like its spelt but it was " Owen" the way it was pronounced. Its just the Irish spelling of Owen i guess.
I have no idea about spelling, but a quick googling does reveal some Irish origins :wink:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
I have no idea about spelling, but a quick googling does reveal some Irish origins :wink:
He is 100% Irish as his surname is an Irish surname. And then add in the Irish first name their is no doubt he is Irish.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Must admit the speed of change with the newbies is leaving me behind the 8 ball to speak. I'm normally up to pace quickly with new recruits but there's been so many over the last 12 months.

I'd love to see that moose commedy sketch, but I guess they won't have any need to do that outside Canada.

Still think there's a good chance of a UK concert this year. They can't hold 99% of well behaved concert fans responsible for a few idiots.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote: I'd love to see that moose commedy sketch,.
*sniff*
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Murkskis wrote:
Lexi wrote:Want me go gush about any others? :)

Lauren
Just keep going :D
You really know them well ! 8)
I don't REALLY know them. It's just what they seem like on stage. :D Don't want the older ones to leave, but really looking forward to more newbies!

Someone that was at the Canada concerts please tell me if I'm wrong, but it looked like Eoghan was mic'd already! Not all the boys are, and here's a newbie wearing a mic! He must have an amazing voice or can sing a part no one else can.

Dylan looks serene while he's singing then smiley at the end. I have a theory about the kids like Dylan who wear glasses. They are probably told to remove them during the concerts so the lights don't reflect off of them. Some kids like Ben, Daniel, Ralph, look right at you while singing. But I think the kids who have to take their glasses off can't see the audience very well. They might not seem as animated but actually are in person. Tiarnan, Sammy and Henry were a bit like that to me last summer. They have a pleasant look while singing, but then when you meet them (with their glasses on), they are very funny and personable. The gigantic exception to my theory is Cassius. He's very funny with or without glasses. His comedic timing is so good, and he really loves to get the laughs. :lol:

Lauren