The DVD

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've found Libera CDs in Barnes and Noble, but not the DVD. I originally attempted to order the DVD through Barnes and Noble only to be have my order cancelled, so I ordered it through Amazon.

The DVD is available to order from Amazon.com. Is this not available in Europe or is it that the DVDs produced for the US market are incompatable with Europeanm and Asian DVD players?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As far as I know, the DVD is currently not yet available in Europe or any other country other than the US. Now there are things called PAL and NTSC and Region 1 and Region 2. Certain DVD players can play both PAL and NTSC or Region 1 and Region 2, but others cannot. Please, if you are ordering a copy of the DVD from overseas providers, please make sure you check the Region and Format of the DVD as well as what your DVD player can play before purchasing as if you purchase a DVD and it cannot play on your DVD player, you will only get disappointed.
AlAl

Post by AlAl »

The DVD is region free and it runs on almost every DVD player.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

If that is the case and if Libera themselves don't have the dvd, I wonder if we can't send them one from all of us as a thank you gift for their wonderful music and such or even as an early Christmas present?
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I would be stunned if official 'Libera' didn't have a copy of the DVD. If they didn't have before, they must have by now.

The release date in Japan has now been put back to Dec 26th. Are Libera missing the Christmas boat with this one. All Angels and The Choirboys are plastered over the December Issue of ClassicFM, but nothing about Libera and their Concert DVD.
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

I don't believe they celebrate christmas in Japan. It's a western holiday. I don't think Libera don't have a DVD themselves it would be very improbable.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I guess what is meant by the release date for Japan means that at on that date a DVD labeled and subtitled in Japanese will become available, other wise there's no reason why a Japanese buyer couldn't purchase the DVD from Amazon.com. Certainly most of the rest of the world will wind up ordering theirs via mail since Libera just isn't a big enough name to make it to most stores.

Perhaps giving the boys copies of the DVD was never part of the deal.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't really know if the boys have their own copies, but last I heard they didn't. I am not sure whether or not they will be getting their own copies.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I've only seen Amazon.com selling the Concert DVD so far. All other sites just seem to link back to Amazon.com, or have 'out of stock' notices.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

HMV Japan I think has them but not ready for sale, international Amazon stores should have them as well, though some of them may not have them available for sale yet. I am not entirely sure about international sales of the DVD as of right now. I will look around and see who has it available and post in on the site.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

If you type the catalog nr. of the dvd in your browser you got more who sells the dvd & cd even Barnes and Noble has the dvd
( nr. = 5099950317295)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Liberation wrote:If you type the catalog nr. of the dvd in your browser you got more who sells the dvd & cd even Barnes and Noble has the dvd
( nr. = 5099950317295)
That's news to me, because they cancelled my order back in October. They had a listing in their catalogue, I placed the order while I was in the store, but rather than wait until the item was re-stocked they simply cancelled.

Here's a word of advice - if you ever order something on-line within a store, don't pay cash. The price was small enough I paid in cash after the clerk placed my order, but I'm still waiting for Barnes and Noble to pay me back. The store manager explained that if they paid me back from their own cash drawer it would throw their accounting off, so I have to be paid back by mail from corporate headquarters.
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

That's strange. try and you see, for sale since 10-02-2007 price is $ 19,95 and $17,95 for Barnes & Noble members , and still available according to B&N.
barlies04
Silver Member

Dvd

Post by barlies04 »

hi guys
well at last i have finally ordered the Dvd
via amazon.co.uk although paying £ sterling
the vendor is an american company i'm paying
only £8.62 for it i 'm due to recieve the shippment
some between now 15th -29th so the wait will be soon
over then i can revelle in watching the concert and all the
other extras
jim
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I don't think you could possibly spend £8.62 and get a better value return for your expenditure. You should love it.