Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Concert in Arundel - 5 May 2012

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
fan_de_LoK wrote:
viabuona wrote:I did it just now and I paid £ 6.60 for a return ticket. :D
I then assume you will leave Victoria on 4th of May, at 19:02, 19:32 or 20:02. Correct ?
Pax Tecum and myself will take the 19:02 :)
I'm on the Friday 19:02 train Patrick. Still thinking about what train back I'll take - I think £3.30 from London to Arundel is a steal by the way. Why do we Brits rubbish our public transport so much?

A - Because its not as clear cut - like me who wants a return after 9pm it goes up by £14 which is a joke. Then the first train in the 10pm bracket was not even in the £14 tier it was in the £24 one. So now i have to get the 10.50pm which means i have a hour wait on a train station as nothing is open in Arundel at that time of the night.

B - Wait for the Olympics
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:Hi Yorkie,
Where did you find the info about planned engineering works on Sunday? My boyfriend and I are staying at Arundel Park Hotel and on Sunday we're going to London to spend two days there. We're also hoping to attend a church service in London (a certain church comes to mind but nothing's certain yet ;)). So it's nice to know what to expect in advance.
As for going to Arundel, we're flying to London Gatwick on Friday and land around 10:30 PM, then take a train from Gatwick Airport straight to Arundel, so that shouldn't be a problem.

5 May is Liberation Day in the Netherlands and I just realised it's pretty cool to celebrate Libera-tion Day this way :)

Sending "Deep Peace" thoughts to Lenneke...
It is on the rail operators website when you go to book your train tickets - there is a little 'warning' triangle next to the train times for Sunday the 6th and if you click on it a message pops up to say you have to go by bus to Horsham. The way these things usually work is that the train company lays on the bus and it will leave from the station and is included in the cost of your £3.30 ticket.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Engineering work between Horsham and Arundel / Angmering on Sunday 6 May 2012

The following changes will apply:

Buses replace trains between Horsham and Littlehampton
Trains between London Victoria and Bognor Regis will start / terminate at Horsham
Additional trains will run between Bognor Regis and Littlehampton

Planning your Journey

For full details of these changes and the impact on your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-jou ... ent-works/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: A - Because its not as clear cut - like me who wants a return after 9pm it goes up by £14 which is a joke. Then the first train in the 10pm bracket was not even in the £14 tier it was in the £24 one. So now i have to get the 10.50pm which means i have a hour wait on a train station as nothing is open in Arundel at that time of the night.
Well, I thought it was pretty clear cut but I've used the train booking system a bit so I guess I know it's quirks. Why don't you come to the pub with us after the concert for a drink before heading to the station - will surely be warmer and more pleasant than a train platform and who wouldn't want to spend more time with me?
dani wrote:B - Wait for the Olympics
I don't think there will be much of an issue for public transport in Yorkshire when the Olympics hit town :lol:

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote: A - Because its not as clear cut - like me who wants a return after 9pm it goes up by £14 which is a joke. Then the first train in the 10pm bracket was not even in the £14 tier it was in the £24 one. So now i have to get the 10.50pm which means i have a hour wait on a train station as nothing is open in Arundel at that time of the night.
Well, I thought it was pretty clear cut but I've used the train booking system a bit so I guess I know it's quirks. Why don't you come to the pub with us after the concert for a drink before heading to the station - will surely be warmer and more pleasant than a train platform and who wouldn't want to spend more time with me?
dani wrote:B - Wait for the Olympics
I don't think there will be much of an issue for public transport in Yorkshire when the Olympics hit town :lol:

Yep i will do that this time to chill out before i catch the train.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Now just to get a ticket on Monday and within a few weeks find out the set list as i am sure it will be the same as Singapore
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:Now just to get a ticket on Monday and within a few weeks find out the set list as i am sure it will be the same as Singapore
I was thinking along the same lines.
About tickets - any idea how Ticketweb will handle the high traffic on Monday?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:
dani wrote:Now just to get a ticket on Monday and within a few weeks find out the set list as i am sure it will be the same as Singapore
I was thinking along the same lines.
About tickets - any idea how Ticketweb will handle the high traffic on Monday?
I don't think it would notice Maarten. This site sells tickets for all major UK events (i.e. concerts that 10's of thousands of people want to attend). If you assume 500 people will be at Arundel and a 100 of those will be family/friends who get tickets from Libera or won't buy them the moment they go on sale, then even if everybody else logs on at once there shouldn't be any issues.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
maartendas wrote: About tickets - any idea how Ticketweb will handle the high traffic on Monday?
I don't think it would notice Maarten. This site sells tickets for all major UK events (i.e. concerts that 10's of thousands of people want to attend). If you assume 500 people will be at Arundel and a 100 of those will be family/friends who get tickets from Libera or won't buy them the moment they go on sale, then even if everybody else logs on at once there shouldn't be any issues.
Yeah, you're probably right ;) Guess I'm just anxious ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I hope it is another sell out for them :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I hope so (and I expect it will to be honest). Seems to be a buzz about it and lots of people wanting to travel to the UK for the big event.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I'm hoping they put on another UK concert this year, preferably a bit further North. It's Bank Holiday weekend so probably the reason why most of the nearby hotels have been snapped up. To all those who are going, have fun.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I'm hoping they put on another UK concert this year, preferably a bit further North. It's Bank Holiday weekend so probably the reason why most of the nearby hotels have been snapped up. To all those who are going, have fun.

Are you not doing it Jimmy ?

And i had no idea it was a bank holiday .
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Are you not doing it Jimmy ?
Don't think so dani. I may take a risk and wait for future concert dates. Then again I went to St George's at the last minute, but Arundel is a bit of a trek for me to complete on the same day.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:I don't know, a man goes away for a few days to the horse racing and when he gets back finds that all the hotel accommodation for miles around has been booked up by you lot. Did anybody think to make a reservation for me? No, thought not.

Looking at the ticket prices do people think that there will be 'premium' seating available - if not, does that hint at the family first seating policy that was in place at the last Arundel concert?
Sorry Yorkie, but you will be the first to know if I have to cancel. Stayed at St. Mary's Gate last time. The rooms are fairly basic but the food is good and the biggest advantage is not having to walk up the hill to get to the cathedral.

John
Sorry John I missed your post yesterday. Can't believe you might not make it. Don't worry about me I've obtained digs at The Swan so I'm sorted (as long as I can waddle up the hill with my dodgy knee).

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

A bit more Arundel related fluff. Complete coincidence that it is about pubs:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Final clip isn't directly about Arundel but is a property show where Aled Jones helps people find new homes. This one is set in West Sussex in the area around Arundel and I thought it would give our forum members from outside the UK a flavour of this part of the world. And yes, the property prices are mad.

[youtube][/youtube]

You can watch the rest of the show by watching this clip on Youtube and clicking the links.

Mercy & Love