USA tour!!! [2011]

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Re: USA tour!!!

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

All I can say is "wow." This is better news than I was hoping. I did expect a USA tour, but I was resigned to Libera touring one of the coasts. I'm overjoyed that they will be within a day's drive for 2 venues. I will definitely be at the Frisco concert on 7 August. My son's 12th birthday is on 9 August, so I'm wondering what else I can throw in while we're in Houston to entice him to go along. I'll certainly be checking on it.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:All I can say is "wow." This is better news than I was hoping. I did expect a USA tour, but I was resigned to Libera touring one of the coasts. I'm overjoyed that they will be within a day's drive for 2 venues. I will definitely be at the Frisco concert on 7 August. My son's 12th birthday is on 9 August, so I'm wondering what else I can throw in while we're in Houston to entice him to go along. I'll certainly be checking on it.
Glad you can go! Those are the 2 I'lll be at as well.
Honestly there's not much to do here in Houston.. at all..haha.. but if I think of anything I'll let you know!
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Just heard from another friend flying in from South Korea! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

That's great ! :D

Last Summer during his speeches Ben was used to greet people for coming for a large number of places and he was saying a list of countries represented :) Maybe the list will be even longer this year ! :)

(I remember the burst of laughts in the public when Ben was greeting local people for coming from neighbor towns having a comical name like Waco, Bucksnot, etc !! :lol: )

(but... Am I still the only one known European fan to come ? :shock: )
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Some thoughts... I am wondering why Libera chooses to tour so far abroad all the time when at the same time they don't have a lot of money. Is it really because the fanbase is so strong? I know this about Asia but is the US as 'crazy' as well? And would this fact be the decisive factor for them to say, OK let's go there instead of to Europe, which would be cheaper but probably create far less response? Or are things in the US simply better organised, in terms of infrastructure, network etc that they can rely on for venues, accommodation etc?
Maybe I'm just bummed out that no European dates are announced so far for 2011 but I am also seriously wondering about this.
And I'm also curious how some fans can afford all this traveling. If I could, I probably would too, but part of me would also be thinking that it's a bit over the top...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:Some thoughts... I am wondering why Libera chooses to tour so far abroad all the time when at the same time they don't have a lot of money. Is it really because the fanbase is so strong? I know this about Asia but is the US as 'crazy' as well? And would this fact be the decisive factor for them to say, OK let's go there instead of to Europe, which would be cheaper but probably create far less response? Or are things in the US simply better organised, in terms of infrastructure, network etc that they can rely on for venues, accommodation etc?
Maybe I'm just bummed out that no European dates are announced so far for 2011 but I am also seriously wondering about this.
And I'm also curious how some fans can afford all this traveling. If I could, I probably would too, but part of me would also be thinking that it's a bit over the top...

I think it comes back to they would of got a great offer to go back to the U.S for the summer. Financially i do not think they could do another North West U.S/Canada tours 3 months apart unless it was heavily subsidized.

Also lets not forget Europe is not exactly cheap so it may of cost them more to go to Europe and was not fees-able with there budget.
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

maartendas wrote:Some thoughts... I am wondering why Libera chooses to tour so far abroad all the time when at the same time they don't have a lot of money. Is it really because the fanbase is so strong? I know this about Asia but is the US as 'crazy' as well? And would this fact be the decisive factor for them to say, OK let's go there instead of to Europe, which would be cheaper but probably create far less response? Or are things in the US simply better organised, in terms of infrastructure, network etc that they can rely on for venues, accommodation etc?
Not that any non-profit has a ton of money, but maybe money isn't as tight as we think it is? I mean, during the candaian tour, they had several major sponsors, and with ticket sales, I bet they at least broke even, and probably made some money.

I have never been to a Libera concert in the US (just found out about them last December), so I'm not sure how "crazy" the US fans are. My guess is they are a little more crazy than the Canadian fans, considering how many I heard of coming from far away to Canada. And it sounds like their previous tour here had great results.

I really have no idea on the infrastructure, being that the US is so huge, they might be able to get sponsors more easily here. Also like someone else mentioned, Europe isn't exactly cheap. I have never been there (hopefully going to Germany next spring), but I think it's more expensive than traveling through the US.

As for fans travelling all over to go to concerts. I agree with you, it's gotta be expensive staying in hotels all the time, plus taking time off of work (if you work). I hope to go to the Chicago concert, but even that is going to be a stretch (granted that's more for time than money). But hey, if that's their thing, go for it.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote: Maybe I'm just bummed out that no European dates are announced so far for 2011 but I am also seriously wondering about this.
Yes Canada was very expensive for me, an average beer was like $8.50 :shock: plus many other costs, I planned a trip around that time anyway, so I just fitted it around the Libera tour. USA was possible, but I think 2 international Libera tours in one year is a bit over the top, so ill just be visiting the English lake district for a nice bit of hiking and wild camping. Although my thoughts will be with Libera and the traveling fans at that time. Ill just be satisfied with a hot cup of cocoa and some Libera on my ipod in my tent while taking in the beautiful mountain views. :)

Next year, Ill be considering another tour, possibly Japan, although i'm a little concerned about the language barrier :?
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

paul30003 wrote:Next year, Ill be considering another tour, possibly Japan, although i'm a little concerned about the language barrier :?
I agree, I would be scared to travel alone in Japan :|
But being a small group to share that experience may be instead very funny ! :)

Just looked quickly for flight prices Paris-Tokyo in April 2012 : it's starting at only £580 return ! :shock: That's cheap ! :)

(sorry for that off-topic :oops: )
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Lauren wrote:Just heard from another friend flying in from South Korea! :D
That's great news, Lauren :). Is it the same girl who went to the Canada concert (you mention her in your blog) or another one?

Charmaine
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

kringle wrote:
sweetangel16 wrote:Besides fans from USA, are there any fans who are outside from USA going to any of their concerts?

Charmaine
I'll be travelling from Toronto to St. Paul, then to Chicago, then St. Louis. I wish I could do all the tour but three is better than nothing!! :D
Wow! Three concerts. That should be fun :D!!!

Charmaine
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

While I don't profess to have an insider's perspective, there are some factors that I believe weigh heavily in why Libera comes here.
My opinions support some of the ideas that have already been thrown out there.

This is one huge potential market for their music. Making regular appearances will help to cultivate many potential new fans at the same time protecting what market share they have already earned. North America is also a huge potential base of non-profit funding and appearances here improve Libera's opportunity to compete for those dollars.

Libera's current tour marketing plan (outside of Asia) centers around securing donated performing space within a church community that will help support their show.
The USA has many such "mega-churches" with excellent facilities and a large enough membership to ensure Libera plays in front of a big audience - even without all of the travelers.
Their attempt to replicate this success in the UK last fall came up short. Some that I have asked have indicated that at least part of the problem was that Europe doesn't have
churches that have the sort of membership who were filling up the Dallas, Fort Worth, Nashville and Atlanta concerts last year. To the extent that this is true, Libera would run the risk
of having more shows with 200 people in attendance - unless the concerts were scheduled way in advance (e.g. Epsom). Every show regardless of where it is held has certain fixed costs,
and I can't imagine how those costs would be covered in such a tour.

Serious international travel is a perk which is probably good for recruitment and retention.
I know I'd like to go to Europe.....some day. I imagine if I were European, the reverse would be true.

The USA tour last year was conducted exclusively in facilities whose membership were quite wealthy. That undoubtedly helped with the funding/fund raising needed to pull off
last year's tour. I suspect this year's American stops will be the same kinds of places. I guess we'll find out when the specifics are released.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Oh my gosh...have I misread, or did that say Twin Cities???? I am an hour away from the Twin Cities, and never thought I'd get to see Libera live in concert. I'm SO excited, but really nervous now as to how to go about getting tickets and stuff. I don't know if I'll be able to get anyone to give me a ride up there either! There's no way I can miss this, with them being so close. I will WALK if I have to!!!!!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for all the thoughts about why Libera would tour the US (instead of Europe). I wonder if Europe really is so expensive, I just thought, since it's closer to home, it will be cheaper. And I'm sure they would be able to find decent accommodation for a reasonable price, perhaps even guest families. I know the Ukrainian boys choir Dzvinochok does it like that and they come to the Netherlands every year, if I'm not mistaken. But in terms of turnout at concerts, they might do better in the US. I hope fans in Europe can change that and make turnouts here just as good as in the US, or even better, one day ;) Go European fans :D ;)
But it's great for the boys to travel all that way to such exciting places, and in such a special way - singing for the people there, having a great time with their friends etc.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

LuxVenit wrote:Oh my gosh...have I misread, or did that say Twin Cities???? I am an hour away from the Twin Cities, and never thought I'd get to see Libera live in concert. I'm SO excited, but really nervous now as to how to go about getting tickets and stuff. I don't know if I'll be able to get anyone to give me a ride up there either! There's no way I can miss this, with them being so close. I will WALK if I have to!!!!!

PLEASE DO WALK.......if you have to!!!! You won't be disappointed....
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."