Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:Thanks for all the input and comments on Luminosa, you are all right !!! :lol:

So, this may sound wierd but the first thing I noticed was the quality of the CD, sleeve, tracklist booklet thingy (don't know what they are called :oops: ) from Warner Classics. Far superior in quality to anything I have received from EMI. Anyway, I digress.....
Libera (1999) isn't much better--it's an Erato release (I think)...no lyrics at all (the whole point of the notes, no?).
Jude Andrew wrote:Can I ask, where does the Libera CD fit into the chronology of things? Luminosa was issued in 2001 and Free was 2004. I think Libera was pre Luminosa, wasn't it? So, there was no new releases for 3 years? (2001 - 2004).
Libera is from 1999 and was the group's first album as "Libera." It's still stocked over here in the States, even though the group's newer releases are harder than ever to find--in my region, at any rate...

In 2003, the Complete Libera (a whole two CDs) was released--a re-release of Luminosa and Libera as a set...don't know if that ever made it over here, though...
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

kjackson83 wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:So, this may sound wierd but the first thing I noticed was the quality of the CD, sleeve, tracklist booklet thingy (don't know what they are called :oops: ) from Warner Classics. Far superior in quality to anything I have received from EMI. Anyway, I digress.....
Libera (1999) isn't much better--it's an Erato release (I think)...no lyrics at all (the whole point of the notes, no?).
Indeed, the two albums are virtually identical in the included notes and physical packaging structure and such.

It is worth noting that the lyrics for all the albums (including these two) are available on their official web site. I was glad when they added them awhile ago, as I could finally figure out what some of the words were in a couple of the songs on the first couple of releases.

I suppose if someone wanted to take the time, they could put together their own liner notes booklet with all the information and lyrics in it. It's more work than I've been interested in doing, though.
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Don"t forget that there is a site you can read al the lyrics of the older
cd's on http://www.boysoloist.com/artist.asp?vid=167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;