Concert@Epsom Playhouse 18/03/2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I'll be renueing my passport with in the next few days for the trip! I finally get to get a new picture for it! I'm just 2 years old in my current one, from the first time I went to London in '99. If I counted correctly, there are only 81 more day, not counting today or the day of the concert, until we get to see Libera! :D
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Wow!!!!!!!!! I can't believe all of you are going to be there...so exciting!!!
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

Guys, you're very lucky. You have a chance to attend their concert in Epsom. Wow!!!!!!!!!!
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

madine_lover wrote:Guys, you're very lucky. You have a chance to attend their concert in Epsom. Wow!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure you'll be able to go one day, maybe not this time, but maybe in 2011 there will be a concert closer to you :D
I'm flying 4860 miles (about 7821 Kilometers) to get there, because I haven't had the chance to in the past, so hopefully one day you'll be able to either do the same, or go to one close to your home!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Rebecca (: wrote:
madine_lover wrote:Guys, you're very lucky. You have a chance to attend their concert in Epsom. Wow!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure you'll be able to go one day, maybe not this time, but maybe in 2011 there will be a concert closer to you :D
I'm flying 4860 miles (about 7821 Kilometers) to get there, because I haven't had the chance to in the past, so hopefully one day you'll be able to either do the same, or go to one close to your home!
i"m so excited for you!!! You have no idea....I hope you have the time of your life. Much Love.
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

Rebecca (: wrote:

Yeah, i hope so.
Thanks anyway :D
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Today I booked my flight and a few days ago I had also booked my accommodation - in other words, I'm ready to go :) It feels good to have everything arranged!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

maartendas wrote:Today I booked my flight and a few days ago I had also booked my accommodation - in other words, I'm ready to go :) It feels good to have everything arranged!
That's great!
We've done our flight, it's very confusing comming home we have to stop a few times and stay over night in Washington DC, but at least we'll be home intime for school haha. Now we just need a hotel... But we're waiting for that because we might get to stay with our friends who live there.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Rebecca (: wrote:Now we just need a hotel... But we're waiting for that because we might get to stay with our friends who live there.
You should take your friends to the concert! :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

maartendas wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Now we just need a hotel... But we're waiting for that because we might get to stay with our friends who live there.
You should take your friends to the concert! :D
Great idea!! I'll have to ask them if they'd like to go when we talk to them next!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:Today I booked my flight and a few days ago I had also booked my accommodation - in other words, I'm ready to go :) It feels good to have everything arranged!
Where have you got your accommodation, I haven't managed to find anything at a resonable price yet, I think I need to book up as soon as posible...
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I will be staying at Bed and Breakfast in Barnes, London (click on the name to go to the website) - not as cheap as I would like but I figured what the heck it may cost a little more for extra comfort to make the trip really enjoyable. I have a single room for £ 37,50 a night and am staying there three nights, from the 17th to the 19th (so I'll be in London on the morning of the 20th to be able to attend mass at St. Philip's)

The reason I am staying also the 17th is that this way I won't have the hassle of traveling from the Netherlands in the morning of the 18th to be at the concert in Epsom in the evening. Plus I also get to do more sightseeing that way.

I could go for a hostel and sleep in a dorm if I wanted to do it cheap but I just really like to have my own space and decided it's worth the extra money (and actually the room I have now costs about as much as a single room in a hostel would cost, the ones I could find anyway). A big plus is that my birthday is March 11 so I'm just gonna ask for funding for my little Libera trip to London :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Just realised that the concert in Epsom takes place during Lent, the 40 day period before Easter, which is traditionally a time of fasting - nowadays explained in a broad sense, meaning to live more soberly and focus more on spiritual matters and helping the needy, in order to prepare oneself for the feast of Easter. And right in that time I will be indulging myself in a nice trip to London and a concert of my favourite choir in the world, which is one of the most amazing experiences anyone can have in a lifetime. Feels odd, but that's how it is. It'll be interesting for me to see how I can experience Lent and indulge at the same time. Fortunately there'll also be time to attend church services, I'm definitely planning on going to Evensong at St. Paul's and/or Westminster Abbey and mass at St. Philip's on Sunday. And maybe hearing the Libera songs performed live in this special time of year will add to their meaning for me :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

maartendas wrote:And maybe hearing the Libera songs performed live in this special time of year will add to their meaning for me :)
Hopefully it will add a lot :wink:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Nicki wrote:Yeah, seeing Libera perform is quite a spiritual experience for many people. I'm not saying use that as your excuse and convince yourself of it, but perhaps you're one of those people who can feel more connected to their faith through Libera's music.

Whatever you decide on, I think you'll have a really nice time!
Thank you - I remember from when I went to see them in Dublin that it was mostly a fun experience - because I was sitting front row and it was my first time ever seeing them live. The religious experience I have more when I listen to them at home or on my mp3 player. Although I do remember Sancte as a song that really moved me spiritually.

The funny thing is, there's something about me and franciscan friars and Libera. First, because my friend who is a friar pretty much encouraged me to listen to them - which got me into this mess in the frist place :D. But also because of what happened in Dublin.

Before the concert, the friend I was with (not the one who is a friar, but another friend) and I were having dinner at Wagamama (yes the same restaurant chain that Daniel talks about in the Japan video on Peace Deluxe :)) and they have long tables so you always sit between other people. And a little opposite of me was a guy wearing a necklace of the tau cross which is a T-shaped symbol dating back centuries mostly famous because saint Francis of Assisi adopted it as his signature and a sign of peace. So whenever you see someone wearing it you can assume he's either a friar or somehow feels connected to saint Francis. I wear one because I feel connected to saint Francis and I said to the guy opposite of me that I noticed his tau necklace. He explained he was a friar and asked if I had been to Assisi (where most people buy one as a souvenir). I said no but I would be going there for the first time that summer. He wished me good luck and that was that. I thought. Because who should I bump into at the end of the Libera concert getting me and my friend's coats but that same franciscan friar! We acknowledged to each other what a coincidence this was and how great the concert had been and he once again wished me good luck in Assisi :) So, the religious part of me - the praying part of me - is never far away when experiencing Libera :)

Oh and if you know this then you can guess my excitement when I noticed some lovely images of Assisi in the Christmas with Aled Jones Gaudete video :)