Are you ready to go to the Ireland? (July 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

libera36 wrote:Hold on.... They are doing this with a full orchestra?? Like in Leiden?? Hmmm.... could they be planning another DVD???
my be they are doing one my be i will ask them on e-mail and see what threy say i will let you know from jenna
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

jennaluvspbr wrote:
libera36 wrote:Hold on.... They are doing this with a full orchestra?? Like in Leiden?? Hmmm.... could they be planning another DVD???
my be they are doing one my be i will ask them on e-mail and see what threy say i will let you know from jenna
If they were going to do that, they'd have to have money and they've already said they don't have enough to come back to the U.S.....hmmmm...I wonder, how much would it cost for them to do that?
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Libera_me

Post by Libera_me »

I'd buy it if they did!
But they probley have to pay for recording equipment, creating the dvds, distributing them, marketing, other stuff I don't know too much about.
I wish I could go to Ireland!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I don't think so... this is part of a program being run by the RTE Concert Orchestra where they are performing with several top international acts like Libera, Aled Jones, Hayley Westenra and Blake to name a few. Judging by the acts they have lined up there is a heavy influence on Tilley/Prizeman managed acts. There must be a connection there with someone in the RTE CO.

EDIT: I should add that thet are not all performing on the same night !! :D Blake are doing March, Jones is May and Westenra is December (I think)
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Anybody who is thinking of travelling for this concert and would like some advise/guidance on travel, nearby hotels, guest houses, pubs, clubs, restaurants, the location, Dublin itself etc... please feel free to drop me a line either on this topic or by PM.

Jude.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Jude,
I know I can't afford to come over but I am curious about the venue. I do not know anything about Ireland's venues so... is this the same one Joseph McManners performed Kyrie with Liam Lawton at? It is in Dublin. If it is, that is a great set up.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Hi TEB - This is indeed the same venue. It is the premier venue in Ireland for these type of performances (i.e. non-rock concerts) and is probably Irelands equivalent of London's Royal Albert Hall or New York's Carnegie Hall.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

So, is there anyone out there who will be travelling to Dublin for the concert?
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

if i can persuade my mum to take me (stupid dad) then i will be, or even if i got permision to go on my own or with friends i will.... so no defo answer but maybe :D ... fingers crossed, touch wood and all that
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

kthomp wrote:if i can persuade my mum to take me (stupid dad) then i will be, or even if i got permision to go on my own or with friends i will.... so no defo answer but maybe :D ... fingers crossed, touch wood and all that
Haha. it's "knock on wood"!
:lol: haven't you ever seen the film "Casablanca"?...hmmm..guess not! O well! if you get the chance you should cause it's awesome!...it's in black and white though...
Anyways, I hope you get to go! Take lots of pictures for me! And think about me and how miserable I am while you're having loads of fun watching Libera! lol
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Libera_me

Post by Libera_me »

I plan to stay home and watch their concert DVD during the concert. But I wish i could see it live!
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Jude Andrew wrote:So, is there anyone out there who will be travelling to Dublin for the concert?
I will :roll: Hope so ;) 99% :P
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Narnian wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:So, is there anyone out there who will be travelling to Dublin for the concert?
Well, if you do and need a ticket; I have spare one going for free.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Wish I could afford the trip. Even if I could though, I have never had the need to get a passport and with security being so tight as it is here in the US, I would not be able to get one before it is too late to go. Oh well, they will be back in Pennsylvania again sometime.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Jude Andrew wrote:
Narnian wrote:
Well, if you do and need a ticket; I have spare one going for free.
Thanks, Jude! :roll: But I think we need 3 tickets for this concert... Hope that we will be 3 fans from Narnia :lol:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink: