Oops

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

kjackson83

Oops

Post by kjackson83 »

St Philip's in the news...but not for its music:

Oops

But there is a plug for the group at the end...good thing they were away, I suppose :O
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

She says the church grounds were already a dumping ground for fly-tippers and that she initially thought they may have caused the mess.

I have a question. What are fly tippers? :? Its a good thing it was later in the evening and no one was seriously injured.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

fly tippers are people who take thier rubbish and just dump it somewhere. she is saying people leave thier rubbish in the church grounds :(
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:fly tippers are people who take thier rubbish and just dump it somewhere. she is saying people leave thier rubbish in the church grounds :(
Well without being demeaning/ spiteful, Croydon (Norbury is a borough of Croydon) is supposed to be a little 'rougher' than elsewhere--the whole city south of the Thames and Lambeth/Southwark is allegedly that way...so I guess in that sense it's not surprising--disappointing, but not surprising. Another nod to the group's truly humble, grassroots origins.
Digs
Silver Member

Post by Digs »

kthomp wrote:fly tippers are people who take thier rubbish and just dump it somewhere. she is saying people leave thier rubbish in the church grounds :(
Thanks for the answer. It is really a problem that exists everywhere, but a church lawn :shock:. :( :evil:
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Plato
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Hey, my parents are ministers. You'd be surprised how disrespectful people can be to a church.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

tcliffy wrote:Hey, my parents are ministers. You'd be surprised how disrespectful people can be to a church.

Actually, not surprised at all. I help with the cleaning of ours and even our own members make messes they leave for others. They can't even be bothered to wipe their feet before coming in.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:
tcliffy wrote:Hey, my parents are ministers. You'd be surprised how disrespectful people can be to a church.

Actually, not surprised at all. I help with the cleaning of ours and even our own members make messes they leave for others. They can't even be bothered to wipe their feet before coming in.
Hey, folks, even the Vatican has trouble with rubbish-dumping...the Angels & Demons premiere, for example ;) (*snicker)

:D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

kjackson83 wrote: Hey, folks, even the Vatican has trouble with rubbish-dumping...the Angels & Demons premiere, for example ;) (*snicker)

:D

:D :lol: :wink:
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Too many jokes...not enough time...
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004