UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 pm">3 weeks ago</span> Is the boy singing in the first photo a newbie?

I don’t recognize him but it’s been about 7 months since I last saw them.
I thought it was just me!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

It looks like a new album is on the way. Glad to see some new faces and a possible return ( Orlando ) ?
The heaven soars with voices above...
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed May 22, 2024 5:12 pm">3 weeks ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 pm">3 weeks ago</span> Is the boy singing in the first photo a newbie?

I don’t recognize him but it’s been about 7 months since I last saw them.
I thought it was just me!
I’m guessing there may be a few newbies because losing Luca as a lead treble with Joseph being a little way off filling those boots, they may have brought in a couple of ‘oven readies’. They’ve done it plenty of times before.

Remember our TOP trebles from last year and the year before have all either had complete voice breaks or their voices are in transition. Even the likes of Nathan and Morgan will be at their peak and could well be at the start of their transitions.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Couple of stills from the boys’ recording session. Definitely some newbies.

Also very happy to see Mitchel still there, as I felt sure he’d leave after his voice break.

IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg (507.7 KiB) Viewed 989 times
IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg (507.7 KiB) Viewed 989 times
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg (610.15 KiB) Viewed 989 times
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg (610.15 KiB) Viewed 989 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Thu May 23, 2024 10:32 am">3 weeks ago</span> Remember our TOP trebles from last year and the year before have all either had complete voice breaks or their voices are in transition. Even the likes of Nathan and Morgan will be at their peak and could well be at the start of their transitions.
It seems to me that Morgan is still in the top group. The number has reduced though.
Possibly Joseph and Morgan might carry just by themselves the two-thirds of the solos, or even more.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu May 23, 2024 12:56 pm">3 weeks ago</span>
It seems to me that Morgan is still in the top group. The number has reduced though.
Possibly Joseph and Morgan might carry just by themselves the two-thirds of the solos, or even more.
True.

Not forgetting Thomas M who has been impressing for at least since Christmas.

Then there’s the newbies, a couple of whom look core aged. Could be that at least one of them might be a soloist.🤷🏽‍♀️
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It will certainly be interesting what happens in Ely very soon. To those who are attending please be sure to give us a full report, please! :mrgreen:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

For those who are lost with the new faces... The Furby has not been back on Libera Passion (french database) yet, but in the meanwhile, I have made new topics for the most recent boys :D check it there : https://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/f ... -de-libera

I have started making updates on the current boys concerning their concerts and solo, but I do not have the same capacity as The Furby on the website, so you'll have to check the last post to see it. Also, this gallery has'nt been updated since april 2023, sorry but I can't do it.

From the pictures Libera put on social media, I would say there are at least 2 new boys !
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

I wanted to see if Chat GPT could identify the song on top of the pile in the Instagram post above, so I used flat.io to enter the visible elements. How do you think it did?

Sanctus.jpg
Sanctus.jpg (57.83 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Sanctus.jpg
Sanctus.jpg (57.83 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri May 24, 2024 5:22 am">3 weeks ago</span> I wanted to see if Chat GPT could identify the song on top of the pile in the Instagram post above, so I used flat.io to enter the visible elements. How do you think it did?

Sanctus.jpg
It actually identified Libera?! :shock: AI is crazy bad with some things.....and crazy good with others.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri May 24, 2024 5:22 am">3 weeks ago</span> I wanted to see if Chat GPT could identify the song on top of the pile in the Instagram post above, so I used flat.io to enter the visible elements. How do you think it did?

Sanctus.jpg
You mean to say Libera is going to perform "Sanctus" during a concert ? :lol: Looks like a solid credible guess :lol: ChatGPT might be onto something !

I did not know ChatGPT could read music, but yes one of the first questions I ever asked it was about Libera and the answer was pretty accurate. You better not ask it details about which soloists for which song though, it's turning full chaos.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Good news .

Well, no not really :(

Looks like there are railway works going on over the Saturday and Sunday of the Ely concert so there are no direct trains too and from London. They will be operating a rail replacement service (i.e. a bus) for part of the journey which means it will take about an hour longer to get there/back.

At the moment you can catch a train to Royston, then get a bus to Cambridge and then get a train from Cambridge to Ely (and reverse it for the way back). It looks like the latest time back on Saturday is a train at 22:53 - miss that and you are sleeping on the station!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue May 28, 2024 1:49 pm">2 weeks ago</span> Looks like there are railway works going on over the Saturday and Sunday of the Ely concert so there are no direct trains too and from London. They will be operating a rail replacement service (i.e. a bus) for part of the journey which means it will take about an hour longer to get there/back.
Good grief, just go the American way...

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Luckdragon on Wed May 29, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed May 29, 2024 2:18 am">2 weeks ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue May 28, 2024 1:49 pm">2 weeks ago</span> Looks like there are railway works going on over the Saturday and Sunday of the Ely concert so there are no direct trains too and from London. They will be operating a rail replacement service (i.e. a bus) for part of the journey which means it will take about an hour longer to get there/back.
Good grief, just go the American way...

75b62d64-791e-47a1-b4bf-3c0d06320a23.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, renting a car might be best for some under the circumstances.....maybe not quite THAT car though :lol: :wink: The thought of driving on the left scares me, I feel like I'd get myself killed. I won't be in Ely but I hope this information helps those who plan on attending. Thanks, Yorkie!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

The seat B16 (2nd row, third seat from the aisle on the right) for the Ely concert is now available. The person, who that ticket was meant for, cannot come to Ely, sadly.

Send me a PM or contact me in another usual way if you are interested.