Brothers in Libera (former & current)

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Noob

Re: Brothers in Libera (former & current)

Post by Noob »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:00 pm">4 years ago</span> From the Libera Historical Timeline, Part One

Testifying to Libera’s appeal to young singers, even those with an “inside view,” a remarkable number of brothers (and cousins) have appeared within the Angel Voices/Libera group, with sibs appearing either sequentially or simultaneously. In late 2012, members of the Libera Dreams Forum site counted 13 sets of brothers and four groups of cousins appearing onstage between 1987 and 2013. Another two sets appeared in 2014-15, and eight more sets in 2016-2017.

In 2016, four sets of brothers appeared in the February tour to the Philippines: Lucas Wood (2011-2016) and Finn Wood (2014-2016); Alex Montoro (2012- 2018) and Mathias Montoro (2015-); Michael Menezes (2011-2016 )and James Menezes (2013-2017); and Josh Madine (2005-Staff) and Matthew Madine (2010-2017).

In late 2016, four new brother combinations arrived on the scene: Sam Wiggin (2011-2017) with brother Victor; Lucas Wood with yet another sibling,Theo; Rocco Tesei (2012-) with little Romeo; and Taichi Shinokubo (2013-) with Koji. This brought the number of 2017 Libera sibling pairs to eight (counting the Madines).

By the end of 2017, Laurence Taylor (2016-) and Leo Barron (2015-) had been joined by miniboys Nicholas Taylor and Ethan Barron.
it's amazing how talent runs in families.
thanks for your post Amie!! :)
There is nothing quite like a sweet treble voice.
James237ww

Post by James237ww »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:23 am">4 years ago</span>
Sue wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:58 pm">12 years ago</span> There are at least 10 pairs of siblings who I know.

Currently there are:

the Madine-brothers Matthew & Joshua,
Collins-brothers Jude & Luke,
Barrington-brothers Henry & Jonathan,
Leggett-brothers Alexander & Samuel - where I have to say that the elder Samuel has already left Libera.

Then there are the former:

the Cole-brothers Thomas & Oliver,
Vereycken-brothers Michael & James & another called Sam Vereycken (info from 2002),
Akpobome-brothers Sere & Mine,
Geraghty-brothers Steven & Daren,
Baron-brothers Alexander & Chris,
Winter-brothers Matthew & 3 other siblings: Andrew Winter, Clive Winter & Ron Winter (info from 2002)
I believe Ron Winter is Andrew Winter's son. Not sure if Matthew & Clive are related to them.
Ron is Clive and Andys dad.
There were an awful lot more siblings but I only really know about 89-95ish. The Smith brothers seem to have been missed out. Grant has been mentioned but James was there first! I’m James by the way!
Dinedorelle
Silver Member

Post by Dinedorelle »

James237ww wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 am">3 years ago</span>
Sue wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:58 pm">12 years ago</span> There are at least 10 pairs of siblings who I know.

Currently there are:

Leggett-brothers Alexander & Samuel - where I have to say that the elder Samuel has already left Libera.

Vereycken-brothers Michael & James & another called Sam Vereycken (info from 2002),
Winter-brothers Matthew & 3 other siblings: Andrew Winter, Clive Winter & Ron Winter (info from 2002)
I believe Ron Winter is Andrew Winter's son. Not sure if Matthew & Clive are related to them.
There were an awful lot more siblings but I only really know about 89-95ish. The Smith brothers seem to have been missed out. Grant has been mentioned but James was there first! I’m James by the way!
Following on from your other posts James, can you confirm that you are the older brother of Grant Smith then?
It's just that in another post you wrote "Yep. That’s Grant. His older brother James was in the choir too from 89 to about 95", but you didn't unveil who you were until later in a Libera Timeline post??

By the way, we've only known about Grant's name fairly recently, 2019 I think. Ben Crawley confirmed it with another Forum member.
As soon as I receive your confirmation I'll gladly put you amongst your old friends in the Timeline.
James237ww

Post by James237ww »

Dinedorelle wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm">3 years ago</span>

Following on from your other posts James, can you confirm that you are the older brother of Grant Smith then?
It's just that in another post you wrote "Yep. That’s Grant. His older brother James was in the choir too from 89 to about 95", but you didn't unveil who you were until later in a Libera Timeline post??

By the way, we've only known about Grant's name fairly recently, 2019 I think. Ben Crawley confirmed it with another Forum member.
As soon as I receive your confirmation I'll gladly put you amongst your old friends in the Timeline.
Yes. I am Grants older brother. I think he joined in about 1993ish.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Currently there are:

Correct me if I'm wrong... Ron Winter is Clive Winter's & Andy Winter's dad. Andy Winter is Andrew Winter's dad. Read somewhere that Andy Winter is different from Andrew Winter, but the same website also said that Ron is Andrew Winter's son, so I'm not sure if Andy and Andrew are 2 separate people or the same person. Were Ron, Clive, Andy and/or Andrew Winter all part of St Philips Boys Choir/Angel Voices?
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Continuing on from 2018 onwards we have:

- The Mushrafi brothers, Frederick and Thomas (2018-present, 2020-present)
- The Clarke brothers, Dominik and Leon (2018-2022 alum, 2021-present)
- The Hill brothers, Joseph and Benjamin (2021?-present, 2023-present)
- The Vergani bothers, Pietro and Federico (2020-present, 2023-present)
- The Slater brothers, Nathan and Caleb (2020-present, 2023-present)

One slightly ‘iffy’ set is the Duffy brothers, Dylan and O’Shea (2010-2014, 2014/2015?).
Apparently the younger brother took part in one UK concert, then left, not unlike Laurence Taylor’s younger brother Nicholas. But there are no pictures of O’Shea anywhere.