Ave Verum

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Ave Verum

Post by Luckdragon »

I believe the royalty on both YT and YT Music is .0086 USD per play.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:33 am">7 months ago</span> I believe the royalty on both YT and YT Music is .0086 USD per play.
So just under $7k. Not too shabby if true, but also not really a ton considering the cost of music production and videography :?
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm">7 months ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:33 am">7 months ago</span> I believe the royalty on both YT and YT Music is .0086 USD per play.
So just under $7k. Not too shabby if true, but also not really a ton considering the cost of music production and videography :?
Exactly why I say that Libera need a more robust online presence. I know that Ben P’s dad used to do a lot of work promoting Libera before his untimely passing.

I think Libera need someone like him who can do that job. It’s been over 9 years now since they did their PBS recording which went on to a DVD, and 10 years since they recorded their Christmas in Ireland concert and put it on a DVD.

So basically, no DVDs for 9+ years, and no concert on YouTube since Leiden in 2007. And because Yuki no longer attends Libera concerts, and because of Covid, we don’t even get the volume of Meet & Greets and other behind-the-scenes footage that we used to get.

Libera need that kind of visibility if they’re to continue long term.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

What a year this lad has had…

Ave Verum has now surpassed 1.3 million views on YouTube.

IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2899.jpeg (845.9 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2899.jpeg (845.9 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The video is now at over 1.8 million hits. Would this be the the first video to reach that milestone the quickest or was QOTB quicker?

Regardless it’s a absolutely magnificent achievement and it’s all down to Freddie’s Stunning Voice :mrgreen:
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Ave Verum hits 2 MILLION views

Post by Mercurial909 »

Annnnd whoop there it is…

Two million views in just under eight months.

Well done Sam Coates, the boys of Libera, and especially Freddie Mushrafi - you STAR! 🌟

IMG_3052.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg (296.86 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
IMG_3052.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg (296.86 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

In the February Q&A for his Patreon supporters, Josh Madine gave some background info on the song and video. He also talked about how soloists are chosen. Go and check it out if you're a supporter.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

And on and on it goes - Ave Verum Corpus is now at over 2.5 million views…

The video has clocked up more views and likes than all the rest of the released songs on the both the current (“Forever”) and previous (“If”) albums combined. :shock: :shock:

Sam Coates’ arrangement has to take a huge amount of credit here, alongside Freddie’s stunning vocals. <3

IMG_3199.jpeg
IMG_3199.jpeg (608.58 KiB) Viewed 614 times
IMG_3199.jpeg
IMG_3199.jpeg (608.58 KiB) Viewed 614 times