UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:44 pm">2 months ago</span> Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad this news has come at a good time to cheer you up.

I'm hoping to be able to go to the Chester Cathedral concert and I was just wondering - concert veterans roughly how long do Libera concerts last, including the interval? Trying to work out if I'll need to stay overnight or not.
Thanks I'm all better now, but the Libera announcement jump-started the healing process :lol: :D

As others have already mentioned the concerts are about 2 hours long. In my experience though you may want to hang around afterwards to chat with other fans about the performance and not feel rushed so as to miss a scheduled train departure for example. Though certainly if finances make an overnight stay problematic that ought to be a greater consideration.
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Glad you're better. :)

Thank you everyone for your quick responses and advice. That's an excellent point about not wanting to rush off at the end (and of course if the cathedral is full it might not be easy to leave quickly anyway). I'll factor that in to my plans if I manage to get a ticket.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 pm">2 months ago</span> HURRAY! :D :D :D

With such a relatively early announcement I may be able to attend the July concerts! June is out of the question for work reasons outside my control, but July is very doable.
Glad to hear you seem to make it to England in July :P I will attend the concert in Lincoln - veeery much looking forward to another summer concert in a historically rich town!

Tickets both for Chester and Lincoln are available via Ticketsource from March 18th, 2 p.m. GMT
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:37 pm">2 months ago</span> Glad you're better. :)

Thank you everyone for your quick responses and advice. That's an excellent point about not wanting to rush off at the end (and of course if the cathedral is full it might not be easy to leave quickly anyway). I'll factor that in to my plans if I manage to get a ticket.
Smart move!
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm">2 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 pm">2 months ago</span> HURRAY! :D :D :D

With such a relatively early announcement I may be able to attend the July concerts! June is out of the question for work reasons outside my control, but July is very doable.
Glad to hear you seem to make it to England in July :P I will attend the concert in Lincoln - veeery much looking forward to another summer concert in a historically rich town!

Tickets both for Chester and Lincoln are available via Ticketsource from March 18th, 2 p.m. GMT
Thanks for the ticket sale information.

Here are the links for those who want them:
My flights and hotels are now booked as well...ain't nobody gonna stop me from going! :lol:

I got very lucky with a direct flight from New York to Manchester. For most travellers outside of Europe only London and possibly Edinburgh are accessible via a direct route, so this was great! And the flight wasn't expensive for a transatlantic either.

I look forward to finally meeting you in Lincoln! :D
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

So good to hear about these concerts.

I attended the Chester concert as part of the autumn tour back in 2010 and what a wonderful experience it was. That was back in the bad (good?) old days of queueing up to get the best possible seats and I still remember the joy and anticipation while mingling with the other fans ahead of the show. The only disappointment was the concert didn't draw much of a crowd, despite the best efforts of some of the fans volunteering to hand out flyers to passers by. As an aside, Chester is a beautiful medieval town and well worth a day exploring before the show.

AFAIK Ely is already sold out (or at least the premium areas are) so it looks like a return visit to Chester might well be on the cards again almost 14 years later. :D
"You are not alone"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

It's been a long time since I posted here for the last time :oops:

Anyway, I have one spare ticket for the Ely concert. It's B11, so a rather good seat - second row, pretty central. Please, write ma a PM if you are interested.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Hello, I have a spare front row ticket for Lincoln (left hand side), PM me if you are interested.
LordG

Post by LordG »

Mr W wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:13 pm">1 month ago</span> Hello, I have a spare front row ticket for Lincoln (left hand side), PM me if you are interested.
You've got mail
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Just bought the tickets for my first ever Libera concert! I'm so excited!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:27 pm">1 month ago</span> Just bought the tickets for my first ever Libera concert! I'm so excited!
Fantastic news, you're in for a treat.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I've drawn up the full seating chart for the Chester and Lincoln concert, if that helps visualise who's sitting where.

(click to enlarge)

Image Image
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Any idea why the premium tickets (GBP 27,50) for Lincoln are cheaper than the GA tickets (GBP 37,50)? :?
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's clearly an error.
Someone has swapped the fare settings applied to the Premium and General tickets.
What's perplexing is that it has yet to be rectified.
Nearly 4 hours have passed since the sale opened, yet it seems that none of the staff have noticed the issue or are able to address it.

Another oversight from the staff: if you navigate to the Events page on the official site and click on the Chester or Lincoln event, it still states "Tickets will be announced in March" despite the sale having been open for hours.
Additionally, there has been no communication on social networks to announce the opening of sales for Chester and Lincoln.
This leaves the loyal fan who relies on the official site for information at risk of a disappointing surprise :roll:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I agree, somebody made a mistake. The next question is how can we help Libera to correct it? I would be happy to pay the difference for my ticket and I'm sure most of you would be too. At £10 per ticket and something close to 150 premium seats it is a lot of money.

And then there would need to be something done to refund the people who have purchased general seats at £37.50....
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

They have announced on social media that Tickers are for Sale now.