Video of SJSS 2020 Concert?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Video of SJSS 2020 Concert?

Post by TullyBascombe »

This was posted on Youtube:
The video is scheduled to be released on December 9, but in the comments the host remarks that the video is actually the property of Viking TV and maybe deleted if requested. Nevertheless it suggests that a video of the concert was made and may be available in some official form in the future> Does anyone have more information about this?
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit to add the year
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Re: Video of SJSS Concert?

Post by theriverflowson »

The description indicates that this is the recording of the 2020 SJSS concert. There was another recording in 2021, but since last year not anymore (unfortunately!).
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hey everyone,

I've edited the post to remove the link. The link was to a YouTube video by a fan who has uploaded the SJSS 2020 Libera concert to YouTube without permission. This person claims that the video will be deleted if requested to do so by the Libera organization, but that's completely unacceptable. The Libera organization isn't large enough to be policing YouTube and other social media sites.

For those who don't know or don't remember the SJSS concert was filmed and then available for viewing purchase (not download, unfortunately) a few weeks after the performance. This was a result of the lockdown/distancing situation back in 2020 with COVID when a full audience was impossible. This was done again in 2021. There was a narrow window of time during which the video(s) could be purchased and then viewed through the SJSS website, after which access was removed permanently.

Unless Libera or SJSS decide to make this video publicly available I don't think it's appropriate to redistribute videos at Libera Dreams that were ripped from the SJSS website without authorization. We must respect Libera’s wishes in this regard even if we want to see that video again (which I certainly do very much as their performance was fantastic :( ).

My apologies if anyone is upset by this, but please do send me a DM if you need to reach out about this decision.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Surpinto.
Deleting that link was the right thing to do.

BTW long ago libera official made public on its youtube channel all the songs from the congert.

Here is the official playlist of the St John SS 2020 concert:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Video of SJSS 2020 Concert?

Post by Luckdragon »

Did anyone in attendance at the 2023 concert notice any video recording equipment? I'm just wondering if there's a possibility that some of the songs will eventually be posted to their YT channel.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There was no video equipment visible at the 2023 concert.
Nor there was any in 2022.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:40 pm">4 months ago</span> Thanks Surpinto.
Deleting that link was the right thing to do.

BTW long ago libera official made public on its youtube channel all the songs from the congert.

Here is the official playlist of the St John SS 2020 concert:
Oh yeah forgot about that! :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:27 am">4 months ago</span> The description indicates that this is the recording of the 2020 SJSS concert. There was another recording in 2021, but since last year not anymore (unfortunately!).
Sorry, it was labelled as a notification of a Premier, so I assumed it was this year's concert. But yes, please delete it. I was a bit suspicious of it so I thought I'd enquire.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:47 pm">4 months ago</span> Did anyone in attendance at the 2023 concert notice any video recording equipment? I'm just wondering if there's a possibility that some of the songs will eventually be posted to their YT channel.

No recording sadly. Not even the chance to buy a temporary digital copy like the 2021 SJSS concert.
I don’t understand the reasoning behind it because all it really means is that the vast majority of Libera fans won’t get to hear the boys perform. Chances are some of the boys are performing in their final concerts with Libera this Christmas as main members.

It’s especially emotional knowing we may be seeing the last of Victor and Matty, who are the longest serving members, and alongside Nathaniel B-F (alum) have been part of the Libera set up since 2016.🥺
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:25 pm">4 months ago</span> No recording sadly. Not even the chance to buy a temporary digital copy like the 2021 SJSS concert.
I don’t understand the reasoning behind it because all it really means is that the vast majority of Libera fans won’t get to hear the boys perform. Chances are some of the boys are performing in their final concerts with Libera this Christmas as main members.

It’s especially emotional knowing we may be seeing the last of Victor and Matty, who are the longest serving members, and alongside Nathaniel B-F (alum) have been part of the Libera set up since 2016.🥺
It's unfortunate. I know some of us were hoping that with the younger leadership, there'd be more of an interest in producing regular social media content to keep their worldwide fanbase engaged--but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.