2023 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: 2023 US Tour

Post by fan_de_LoK »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 pm">9 months ago</span>Any idea who the 2 soloists for Anima Christi were? They didn't sound like Joseph and Freddie from the album...
From my seat in the church I had a view to the edge of the balcony. Joseph is the 1st soloist on Anima Christi.
Screenshot_20230727_093342_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230727_093342_Gallery.jpg (603.45 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Screenshot_20230727_093342_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230727_093342_Gallery.jpg (603.45 KiB) Viewed 2010 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:50 am">9 months ago</span> Ah yes! I realized when I listened to the album later that I had gotten the songs mixed up. And I totally would have made myself known, had I known who to make myself known to! I don't know what anyone looks like :lol: Sadly I can't make it to New York, but those attendees will be lucky, indeed!
Unless I missed it (which is totally possible) I didn't see anything from you saying you were coming. I tried to privately message anyone I knew from LDF who was attending in DC so as to invite them to a fan lunch before the show; or at least to connect somehow prior to the performance. So many of us have never actually met one another due to the international nature of the fanbase! Sorry that didn't work out this time :cry:

DC travel was fraught with problems, we had a number of fans subjected to flight or other travel delays, and so we had fewer folks at the lunch. Compare that to St Paul, MN in 2019 when we had something like 25! :shock:
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

How wonderful to hear such glowing reviews from the contributors here. I'd expect nothing less from our favourite boychoir. :D

So wish I could be there to enjoy the experience. Having said that, I was lucky enough to see them no less that THREE times in England last year, so I suppose I can't complain too much :lol: In fact, this time last year, I was packing my bag for Brighton. Also December isn't that far away, I already have my ticket :D

For those lucky enough to be there, enjoy the rest of the shows!
"You are not alone"
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:33 pm">9 months ago</span> Here is a little contribution for those who need help with the names, or the new haircuts :D Sorry for Pietro and Jack though...

I hadn’t realised that Oscar James was missing from this pic.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Neither did I :o
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:04 pm">9 months ago</span> Thanks for the reviews, thoughts and photos...lots more on social media in the usual places esp. Patrick(FDL). 30+ boys in full concert repertoire with lots of older voices, sounds like they have already hit their stride with 3 more to go. Steven G was conducting so it appears that Sam C was needed on the mixing/sound desk?

I noticed in the St Ignatius service that someone might have been trying to make Luca laugh during the highest notes on completion to Deep Peace. Didn't seem to bother him, he took it in his stride.
I'm not sure it is the case that Sam is needed on the mixing desk so much as it is that Sam enjoys being on the mixing desk and has made that his role in concerts😀
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

^^Thought that might be the case, Yorkie...and a good job he does to.

Although nothing new, there's a few brief audio clips from some of the boys at the end of this article. It also reminds us that touring the US is expensive for Libera and something they cannot do every year.
The group will not return to the U.S. for several years due to expense.
https://www.einpresswire.com/article/64 ... ay-july-28
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:17 pm">9 months ago</span> ^^Thought that might be the case, Yorkie...and a good job he does to.

Although nothing new, there's a few brief audio clips from some of the boys at the end of this article. It also reminds us that touring the US is expensive for Libera and something they cannot do every year.

It’s Such a shame as the boys obviously love touring in the U.S.A so much. It’s also lovely they have taken their entire touring group so nobody missed out even though financially
it must hurt the wallet.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:17 pm">9 months ago</span> https://www.einpresswire.com/article/64 ... ay-july-28

Thanks for the article, a good find.
:cry: :(
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:26 pm">9 months ago</span>
JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:17 pm">9 months ago</span> ^^Thought that might be the case, Yorkie...and a good job he does to.

It’s Such a shame as the boys obviously love touring in the U.S.A so much. It’s also lovely they have taken their entire touring group so nobody missed out even though financially
it must hurt the wallet.
Who was financing their visits prior to the pandemic? Because they used to visit the US almost every year, alongside trips to the Philippines and Japan.
They certainly had visited the US every year from 2013-2019 (twice in 2014).

That was why Insaid they needed to be more visible on social media. It was a great idea to some the Bigs blogging and vlogging in Korea. That’s the type of content that draws fans in.🤷🏽‍♀️
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:25 pm">9 months ago</span> Who was financing their visits prior to the pandemic? Because they used to visit the US almost every year, alongside trips to the Philippines and Japan.
Were they here in 2013? 😳

But yes you're right they did have tours in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019. But all of those were funded in large part by several big donors who are no longer around, or are unable to contribute the kinds of money they were giving before. I wasn't aware of that fact at first but it came to light over the years. :(

Not meaning to go all academic on the subject but it's the rule of 80/20, where 80% of the donations to any charity come from just 20% of the donors. Not only that, but it continues on in that 20% of that 20% (that gives the vast majority) also gives 80% of the 80% as well. In other words, and stating it better, 4% of the donors give 64% of the money. :shock:

Don't think for a moment that this is isolated to our favorite choir, this is the case with donations to any charity, as well as corporate account books in for-profit companies. It's one of those weird math things that crops up even though we wish it weren't so.

All the same, you can see now that unless they increase their donor base by many many times in the US they're going to be especially subjected to a solo, or perhaps duo, of big donors who could pull out at any time (for perfectly understandable reasons) at which point the tour simply can't happen. 😥
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Maybe that’s why the entire crew have basically gone on this tour because now it’s a Luxury to tour the U.S and it won’t be happening again for several years.

The prices of Hotels, Flights and food have also soared since Covid in the U.S especially New York so the costs involved for this tour must be obscene.

On the Plus side all the boys look absolutely delighted to be touring the U.S and it’s their reward for all the hard work they put into Libera.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:04 pm">9 months ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:25 pm">9 months ago</span> Who was financing their visits prior to the pandemic? Because they used to visit the US almost every year, alongside trips to the Philippines and Japan.

But yes you're right they did have tours in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019. But all of those were funded in large part by several big donors who are no longer around, or are unable to contribute the kinds of money they were giving before. I wasn't aware of that fact at first but it came to light over the years. :(

Not meaning to go all academic on the subject but it's the rule of 80/20, where 80% of the donations to any charity come from just 20% of the donors. Not only that, but it continues on in that 20% of that 20% (that gives the vast majority) also gives 80% of the 80% as well. In other words, and stating it better, 4% of the donors give 64% of the money. :shock:

Don't think for a moment that this is isolated to our favorite choir, this is the case with donations to any charity, as well as corporate account books in for-profit companies. It's one of those weird math things that crops up even though we wish it weren't so.

All the same, you can see now that unless they increase their donor base by many many times in the US they're going to be especially subjected to a solo, or perhaps duo, of big donors who could pull out at any time (for perfectly understandable reasons) at which point the tour simply can't happen. 😥
They were in the US in late 2013. Did a couple of Christmassy performances there. There’s a video on YouTube of them there.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:04 pm">9 months ago</span>

I'm sure you're correct. It would be nice if this current tour persuaded a new generation of major sponsors. Does anyone know anything about the former group of major supporters? How were they inspired before? Maybe whatever inspired them needs to be repeated if possible?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:04 pm">9 months ago</span> All the same, you can see now that unless they increase their donor base by many many times in the US they're going to be especially subjected to a solo, or perhaps duo, of big donors who could pull out at any time (for perfectly understandable reasons) at which point the tour simply can't happen. 😥
That's going to be increasingly difficult if there are several years between visits. People won't be as motivated to contribute to the next visit if it's years away.

They need to start creating some subscriber-only content that ardent fans will gladly pay for. Inexpensive videos of solos, duos, trios, small groups, etc. that they can deliver on a regular basis.