2023 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: 2023 US Tour

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:35 pm">9 months ago</span> Nothing in this life is certain, but if I were a betting man I'd place the odds at 95:1 in favor of it happening. Please note that I'm being conservative in my number :wink: .
I assume you mean 95:1 odds-on (as in you need to bet $95 in order to win $1). 95:1 odds (bet $1 to win $95) would make it a very very long shot.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:18 pm">9 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:35 pm">9 months ago</span> Nothing in this life is certain, but if I were a betting man I'd place the odds at 95:1 in favor of it happening. Please note that I'm being conservative in my number :wink: .
I assume you mean 95:1 odds-on (as in you need to bet $95 in order to win $1). 95:1 odds (bet $1 to win $95) would make it a very very long shot.
Yes, "95:1 odds-on". I learned it as "favorable : unfavorable" in school and it stuck even though it's clearly not how people actually use odds. So would 1:95 have been the correct way to write it, or is that still improper?

I'm not sure if LDF ought to permit actual gambling :mrgreen: , but I can start taking gentleman's (or lady's) bets. You all have nothing to lose but your honor and reputations :twisted:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

If you're using the Metro in DC be aware that it closes at 12 AM. If the concert ends at 10 PM that allows less than 2 hours for the signing session.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:42 am">9 months ago</span> If you're using the Metro in DC be aware that it closes at 12 AM. If the concert ends at 10 PM that allows less than 2 hours for the signing session.
Why would a 7 pm concert end at 10? Typically their concerts, inclusive of intermission, are about 2 hours. The signing line in DC in 2014 did take a longer time than other concerts I've attended because the place was packed - they were filming the "Libera in America" DVD then. But I highly doubt we'll have that sort of attendance this time.

The boys take a short break after the concert to change and then, unless the place is totally packed, the signing will likely be over by about 10:30 or so in my estimation; maybe earlier.

Just to be clear I made my DC metro train in 2014 without any issues and so this time will be even more smooth in terms of transit because I anticipate fewer attendees.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:15 pm">9 months ago</span>
Yes, "95:1 odds-on". I learned it as "favorable : unfavorable" in school and it stuck even though it's clearly not how people actually use odds. So would 1:95 have been the correct way to write it, or is that still improper?

I'm not sure if LDF ought to permit actual gambling :mrgreen: , but I can start taking gentleman's (or lady's) bets. You all have nothing to lose but your honor and reputations :twisted:
In UK horse racing terms it would be expressed as 1/95 or 95/1-on but that is a whole other topic🙂
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The Donna Drake Show Welcomes Libera Choir

Sam, Daniel and Nathan from the Libera choir join the show to talk about their upcoming show in New York City and display some of their talent for Donna and the audience.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

34 boys on this tour that’s got to be pretty much the entire touring group. I am positive they will all have a fantastic trip and the fans who are going to watch them are incredibly lucky.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:24 pm">9 months ago</span> The Donna Drake Show Welcomes Libera Choir

Sam, Daniel and Nathan from the Libera choir join the show to talk about their upcoming show in New York City and display some of their talent for Donna and the audience.
Good find! Hopefully this motives more people to see them. And those higher notes by Nathan, wow.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Nice! Makes me wonder if they'll do a mass in San Francisco as well.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Not sure if this one will be streamed though, can only find Sunday services on their YouTube channel not Saturdays.

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow! Keep us posted on anything else you find. Two services is a lot but it'll be good practice for them. :D
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Wow, glad I checked the forum - gonna try to make it to both of these this weekend. Long time forum member here, but I mostly lurk, looks like I haven't posted in a short, uh, 9 years or so. :shock:

St. Malachy's is a fairly intimate space and is quite nice acoustically! It's much better to sit in the middle aisles there than on the sides in my opinion though, the sound is much more balanced. I've never been to St. Ignatius Loyola, so no insight there unfortunately.

Very excited to be seeing Libera stateside again! I'm a Manhattan local, so if anyone has any city specific questions and/or transit concerns leading up to the concert at Riverside Church, feel free to reach out.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Looks like it’s going to be a fantastic tour for all the boys involved :mrgreen:

I hope O Beata gets to be performed live as for me it’s definitely one of the stand out tracks on the album.

Everybody who is getting to see them in the next weeks have a wonderful time and I look forward to all the reviews :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

According to Luca, they're leaving for the USA today.