Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Libera interviews collection

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:49 pm">2 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm">2 years ago</span>
We also heard spectalular news by Joseph revealing that his mother sings with The Sixteen and that his grandfather is “quite a well-known conductor”. And now I’m wondering, if that's David Hill? :?: Their surnames evidently don't have to be the same, but David Hill is indeed well-known and his age fits as well.
This might provide some details regarding your question. It gives some musical background of Joseph's mother.

https://www.hertfordchoral.org.uk/52-su ... ember-2017
All that work and now her 9-year-old is more famous than she is.

She should be proud, though, because there's a whole lot of awesome bundled into that little guy: talent, composure, confidence, speaking ability... I'm sure the list goes on. If the ghost of Thora keeps him on the straight and narrow, he could go far with Libera and beyond.
Last edited by Luckdragon on Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:33 pm">2 years ago</span> All that work and now her 9-year-old is more famous than she is.
:lol:

:) Thank you for confirming my guess, bachmahlerfan.
Last edited by filiarheni on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, I didn’t plan to transcribe the interviews as a rule; it’s just that I considered the interview with Sam to have a particular weight as his first one as Libera’s new musical director. But of course I’m not alone here, so anyone can freely go ahead. :)

So here’s a short indication of the content (the interview itself was very short):
No transcription but an executive summary? :lol: Thank you! :D
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm">2 years ago</span> As a personal surprise and off-topic, this is the first time that I heard the name Purcell with “cell” being the emphasised syllable. We normally pronounce it Púrcell instead of Purcéll over here, so now I feel strange. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I've heard both pronunciations and a quick look online has both too.... :|
Celt wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:56 pm">2 years ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
Edit: I was being frivolous, but I guess Daniel was using the word in the context of being placed or moved somewhere quickly e.g. "she was whisked to Paris" but his usage of the word was slightly unusual.
OMG I'm ROFLMAO! Was not expecting that image! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:49 pm">2 years ago</span>
This might provide some details regarding your question. It gives some musical background of Joseph's mother.

https://www.hertfordchoral.org.uk/52-su ... ember-2017
Whoa! David Hill is indeed a famous musician. Amazing and unreal.
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:33 pm">2 years ago</span> All that work and now her 9-year-old is more famous than she is.
:lol: lol he wishes!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:23 pm">2 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm">2 years ago</span> So here’s a short indication of the content (the interview itself was very short):
No transcription but an executive summary? :lol: Thank you! :D
:D Yup, the usual overview over the contents. Meant as a quick orientation help in the djungle of interview audios. :mrgreen: (Transcripts are way more work, not necessarily necessary and will remain an exception for me.)

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:23 pm">2 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm">2 years ago</span> As a personal surprise and off-topic, this is the first time that I heard the name Purcell with “cell” being the emphasised syllable. We normally pronounce it Púrcell instead of Purcéll over here, so now I feel strange. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I've heard both pronunciations and a quick look online has both too.... :|
Thanks! I saw that meanwhile, wow, there are real discussions going on. How calming. :wink:

Celt wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:56 pm">2 years ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
Edit: I was being frivolous, but I guess Daniel was using the word in the context of being placed or moved somewhere quickly e.g. "she was whisked to Paris" but his usage of the word was slightly unusual.
Thank you for explaining as well as illustrating - oh my! :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Maybe they have a Sorting Hat.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:21 pm">2 years ago</span> Maybe they have a Sorting Hat.
I could believe that. 8)
► Show Spoiler
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

For those who can't access the Scala archives for some reason. Today's interview with Sam:
ScalaRadio-SamCoates-19-06-23.zip
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:45 pm">10 months ago</span> For those who can't access the Scala archives for some reason. Today's interview with Sam:

THANK YOU! :D

It's a short interview, and without any new revelations for us longstanding fans here; but it's a nice exposition about Libera as Sam jokes about how the boys are only good in rehearsal for about a minute. :lol:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:12 am">10 months ago</span> It's a short interview, and without any new revelations for us longstanding fans here; but it's a nice exposition about Libera as Sam jokes about how the boys are only good in rehearsal for about a minute. :lol:
Yes, the shocking revelation that they aren't all angels of shining virtue, but normal boys. :lol:

I also found it interesting to hear him express that worry, that a director of a choir of trebles has, that voices could break at any moment!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:12 pm">10 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:12 am">10 months ago</span> It's a short interview, and without any new revelations for us longstanding fans here; but it's a nice exposition about Libera as Sam jokes about how the boys are only good in rehearsal for about a minute. :lol:
Yes, the shocking revelation that they aren't all angels of shining virtue, but normal boys. :lol:

I also found it interesting to hear him express that worry, that a director of a choir of trebles has, that voices could break at any moment!
Yeah! Definitely honest because of the constant churn of new members which makes it taxing on the music director.