2023 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: 2023 US Tour

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:04 pm">10 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:01 pm">10 months ago</span> This tour needs all the promotion and publicity it can get! :D
Here is American stage actor Benjamin Pajak promoting the tour:

I was glancing at a couple of critics' reviews of the production of Oliver! which he starred in. The accolades they gave for his performances were about as impressive as they could possibly be. In the review from Slant magazine, the second and third paragraphs are quite specific about why he's such a special singer/performer.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/theater/o ... min-pajak/
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:07 am">10 months ago</span> I was glancing at a couple of critics' reviews of the production of Oliver! which he starred in. The accolades they gave for his performances were about as impressive as they could possibly be. In the review from Slant magazine, the second and third paragraphs are quite specific about why he's such a special singer/performer.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/theater/o ... min-pajak/
I've been following him for a couple of months now and I've never once seen him post a review, as good as they are. He prefers to show who he is through his posts. He's always humble and grateful, and displayed real grief when his two runs as Oliver came to an end. He struck me from the beginning as being refreshingly genuine and I don't think he would have agreed to this promo if he hadn't liked what he heard from Libera.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I saw Oliver at the tail end of its two week run and I can attest that Benjamin and all of the actors were fantastic. I wasn't familiar with him or the show prior but was encouraged to go by a friend. I hadn't seen a musical at all in like 10 years and hadn't seen one in New York in over 20! :shock: (though I have attended other things so yay for me :lol:)

Not only is this good advertising in general, but maybe it'll get the attention of the theater community in New York City and increase ticket and merchandise sales, not to mention donations.

Who knows maybe he or other theater people may even attend the concert in New York and see what all of us have been raving about all of these years.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I had no idea who he was so Googled him and a video came up of him singing 'Where is love'. I was quite impressed. Just wish he'd learned his lines before recording the advert.

It was A Tik Tok thing:

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycitycenter/vi ... 4572378410
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Yeah, did feel the advert could have been a bit more fluid. Never mind, he is a great talent and he can hopefully bring a few more ticket sales to Libera through his fan base. I think the Venn diagram of those who like Pajak and those who might enjoy Libera has some overlap. I first heard about him when he was in The Music Man with the Wolverine Hugh Jackman. A friend of mine saw him in that and said he was great, so I had no hesitation recommending him to others when I heard he was in Oliver. I did speculatively check out the costs of attending either of his productions of Oliver, but sadly, they were well beyond my means.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Was the advert paid or posted by himself? If he produced the video by himself, then it was a good effort for someone his age.
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 pm">10 months ago</span> Just wish he'd learned his lines before recording the advert.
I gave him lines but he didn't end up using them. He ad-libbed the whole thing.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

enjaysea wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:20 pm">10 months ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:24 pm">10 months ago</span> Just wish he'd learned his lines before recording the advert.
The rashness of youth. 'Twas ever thus.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:34 pm">10 months ago</span>
enjaysea wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:20 pm">10 months ago</span>
The rashness of youth. 'Twas ever thus.
Anyway not to worry. The next one I'm going to post was after he'd done a few takes and he's a bit more snappy.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Any more snappy and he'll explode.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

enjaysea wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:52 pm">10 months ago</span> Anyway not to worry. The next one I'm going to post was after he'd done a few takes and he's a bit more snappy.
He was a nice find. I love his joie de vivre. Maybe he can even teach the Libera boys to show a few more smiles when they're on stage.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Moose Meter

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Funding is at 67%, or about 2/3 of what's needed. I wish I could do more financially, but I simply don't have the money to do so. Last tour they were in my area, so I was able to help in other ways.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed heavy quote
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

That child actor Benjamin went live and promotes Libera at the beginning of the live video. The rest of the video is not Libera related.