Libera members as toon characters

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Libera members as toon characters

Post by Padmachou »

Someone posted on youtube a video with Libera members' photos that went through a "toon yourself" application, similar to "The Greatest Miracle".
Can you guess which boys these are ? I find some pictures really similar to the boys ! :D
I would be surprised if you don't recognise boys number 4, 5, 10, 13, 15, 18, 22, 25 and 26 :D

Don't forget to tell me your score ! I could not play really, for the video gives the answers, but I don't think I would have recognised the boys number 1, 6, 12, 19, 24, 27 and 30 without the photos...
Plus the app has a tendancy to change the kids' eyes color...

The video can be viewed here but SPOILERS, the answers are in the video :
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
If you find it difficult here is a list of the boys to help ! :
► Show Spoiler
(sorry for the change of size in the pictures, I don't know what happened...)
Last edited by Padmachou on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera members as toon characters

Post by filiarheni »

Very nice game, Padma! :mrgreen:

Okay, I had 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 25, 28 correct on first attempt. For 11, 12, 16. 23, 24 I needed a second try, after reading the list of the names (btw, you missed one name, but it doesn't matter, because the one who's missing is one of the two most recognisable boys IMO. :wink: ).

I'm hardly familiar with 9 and 19 yet, so I wasn't able to guess these. And I confused 14 and 29. :oops: Oh my, usually, I'm not too good at recognising faces.

I still can't recognise 26 and 30 even after knowing who these are. While many others are amazingly similar!

There is one mistake in your list: No. 27 is almost right, but it's his brother. :wink:

That was fun, thank you! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thank you for pointing the mistakes, I rectified the names. :D
I'm impressed by your skills ! Did you watch the video ? I find it helps to see the picture used in the app when you can't recognise the boy.

Edit : quite understandable that you confused two brothers :lol:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I watched the video at the end, when I had all the results. And there it was interesting for example to find out that I still wouldn't recognise 26. :?

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 pm">3 years ago</span> Edit : quite understandable that you confused two brothers :lol:
Yes, I was fooled here. :mrgreen:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:48 pm">3 years ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:30 pm">3 years ago</span> Edit : quite understandable that you confused two brothers :lol:
Yes, I was fooled here. :mrgreen:
I had the same problem with the Collins' brothers, and it wasn't even a tooned photo :lol:
About your problem : I think they are about the same age on the pictures, that sure does NOT help ! One is supposed to be older than the other :lol:
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Thanks Padmachou, that was quite fun, although I felt the urge to immediately hit every spoiler to check if I was right :oops: :lol:

Some toons were easy to identify for me, like 5, 7 ,13, 18 and 20 - no question about them. Funnily, I had no problem to identify 1, but no idea why since it's not really close if you are honest. In some other cases it was a good way to refresh my memory by bringing together names and faces.
Last edited by theriverflowson on Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Interesting exercise. Most are recognisable by their hairstyle rather than their face. The ones I didn't get (and still see no resemblance) were Alex G, Joe, Luke and Sam.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Great game ! Thanks Padma (and thanks djkoy who made the video :) )

I got them all except one - #19 (and I can't see any resemblance even now).
Some are VERY recognisable, #4, #16, #18...
I wasn't sure about #9 & #17, and like others #1 gave me a hard time.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

john45 wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:51 pm">3 years ago</span> Most are recognisable by their hairstyle rather than their face.
Right. Yet there are some whose facial expressions do confirm who they are, for example #4 or #8. Or regarding #22, whose smile was perfectly caught. :D

At the beginning I wasn't sure how long this goes back into the past and so I assigned #9 to Alex Leggett. :mrgreen:

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 pm">3 years ago</span>I would be surprised if you don't recognise boys number 4, 5, 10, 13, 15, 18, 22, 25 and 26 :D
Although I'm aware of this fact, I'm always amazed how similarly and then again how differently our look at people is. You found #26 so easily and me ... still can't see him there.

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:01 pm">3 years ago</span> Funnily, I had no problem to identify 1, but no idea why since it's not really close if you are honest.
I wasn't able to identify him for a while, but was really familiar with his posture, sitting there like this. Perhaps this was the point for you to recognise him? I just couldn't get hold of who it was out of my memory.

Where is Robert btw? :lol:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:14 am">3 years ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:01 pm">3 years ago</span> Funnily, I had no problem to identify 1, but no idea why since it's not really close if you are honest.
I wasn't able to identify him for a while, but was really familiar with his posture, sitting there like this. Perhaps this was the point for you to recognise him? I just couldn't get hold of who it was out of my memory.
I think that is exactly why it was easy for me to recognise n°26. I guess if you are familiar with the original picture it helps. Then again, I am crossed at the app for removing freckles, that is, in my opinion, why some boys are difficult to recognise when it should be easy, and that is what happened to poor Rocco. I think of Dominik and Tadhg, too.
While hairstyles are significant yes, BUT hairstyles can change in time, what a trick :lol:

About n°1, I agree that the picture is not "really close" to Alex Gula, though there is some energy, in the quiet radiant facial expression that resembles him. It is curious how or brains work, indeed, as Filiarheni pointed out.
And then there is Peter Kielty : the app's picture resembles him more than the original photo :lol: Am I right or will someone disagree on this one ?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Fan art

Post by Luckdragon »

Fan Art from the video by Lixian Chan:

349825719_1686242381836059_466887757328244765_n.jpg
349825719_1686242381836059_466887757328244765_n.jpg (216.04 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
349825719_1686242381836059_466887757328244765_n.jpg
349825719_1686242381836059_466887757328244765_n.jpg (216.04 KiB) Viewed 1875 times