Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Cat-a-tonic

Hello

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Hello, I’m Cat. I originally discovered Libera when I was looking for music to listen to while studying. I like traditional British church choir style choral music so a trail of Youtube recommendations led me to the Leiden concert. The first song I heard was Josh, Ben and Tom with Going Home. I was blown away – they were different to other choirs both in their sound and repertoire and I loved it. (I later realised that I’d actually seen them once or twice before on Songs of Praise but without realising who they were). I was hooked and looked for more of their music. I bought a load of their songs individually in an attempt to catch up and have bought every album since Hope in full. I’m really excited for Forever which I have on pre-order as a birthday present.

I found this forum a few years ago and have loved reading the posts to learn more about Libera. As someone who’s been unable to attend a concert I particularly love reading the concert reviews – they bring them alive. I also like how friendly everyone is. I’ve thought about joining for a while and I’ve finally plucked up the courage to do it. I’m looking forward to discussing Libera with everyone on here.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Hello

Post by Padmachou »

Welcome ! :D
I like how you got to discover Libera a few times before you really got into it. Also the idea of people reading our reviews is great, I remember reading reviews a lot before I got to attend any concert and I love to help others to do the same now. So, are you planning to attend a Libera concert someday ? Where are you from ?
And when is your birthday ? I hope you will get the album soon and hopefully in time to celebrate :)
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Thank you. :) Yes I'm hoping to one day attend a Libera concert. Finance is an issue as I live in North Wales so it's not just the tickets but travel and accommodation costs (I realise I'm saying this on a forum where many members have visited different countries to see Libera so this sounds a bit pathetic!) But I'll get there one day!

My birthday was last week so unfortunately the album had no chance of arriving in time! But I don't mind waiting - in fact I quite like getting presents later. I also got Luca' individual album which arrived today so have something great to listen to in the meantime. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu May 18, 2023 7:11 pm">11 months ago</span> Hello, I’m Cat.
My apologies for not responding sooner but I must have missed this post! :shock:

I think you will fit in well here if you enjoy Libera along with traditional choral music. Most of us do as well, I most certainly do. Since you've been reading this forum for a few years now you'll know that many of us share a similar enjoyment of both of those. To be honest, I don't really see how some enjoy one but not the other, but there's no accounting for taste now is there? :lol: :wink:

I do hope that you are able to see them live someday. I was a fan for about a decade before I finally saw them live and was blown away as to what I had been missing out on. Given that you are in Wales you are obviously better disposed to travelling to see them than those of us further afield, but obviously even travel within ones own country can be quite expensive! I'm sure that eventually you'll make the trip though :D

Cool nickname by the way 😺! Is that because you're a cat person, like puns, or both? :lol:

Welcome!
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2023 5:56 pm">11 months ago</span>

Cool nickname by the way 😺! Is that because you're a cat person, like puns, or both? :lol:

Welcome!
Thank you. :) The name is because I wanted something with Cat in that related to music and hopefully wouldn't be too similar to the username of anyone already on here. Then I remembered I'd used something similar as a joke on a Zoom meeting once and chose this. And yes I do like puns too!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hello from the US. It's good to have you aboard.
Libera has Christmas concerts in London every year. Would that be too far for you? If expense is the issue could you take a bus or train? As far as accommodations you might be able to find an affordable hostel.
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Thank you. :)

Yes I'm hoping I can make it to London this Christmas or next. I'll have to see how things go but fingers crossed. It has to be public transport as I can't drive. Trains in the UK can be pretty expensive but it's usually possibly to find a cheaper option.