South Korea 2023

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: South Korea 2023

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Time flies.
Just 20 days left until Libera's next concert, Wednesday April 5 in Seoul.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:54 pm">1 year ago</span> Time flies.

I am positive they will be amazing in Korea and it will be lovely for the boys to tour again. But where is the Spring announcement for a UK concert? :D
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:40 pm">1 year ago</span> I am positive they will be amazing in Korea and it will be lovely for the boys to tour again. But where is the Spring announcement for a UK concert? :D
If I could afford it, I would go to Korea!

Sadly, I can't, so I am also waiting for a UK concert announcement.

I would say, there is still a decent chance there will be one, but that it may not be announced until after the Korea tour. You have to remember this is their first major tour without Robert, which purely from a logistics point of view puts them one person down for organisation and preparation, etc.

However, we are expecting the new album before the summer which I would say makes the likelihood of a UK concert higher. Mr fan_de_LoK posted a fantastic little table showing concert announcement dates and lead times, and the very latest was Romsey 2016 with only 27 days notice.

hope.jpg
hope.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
hope.jpg
hope.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:54 pm">1 year ago</span> Time flies.
:shock:

I am so unprepared.
I can't wait for some Deep Peace to counteract the frantic pace of my life. :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Tour organizer Seoul Arts Management (SAM) posts an insta with a short video of a new mini-boy, Ben, where he announces that he is part of the tour.
He says he is 8 years old.
So young and already on international tour, he must be promising :)

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:30 pm">1 year ago</span> Concert added on April 6 at the Church of Love (https://sarang.org/) in Seoul.
... and still not listed in Libera's Concert Calendar - odd :?

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:18 pm">1 year ago</span> Tour organizer Seoul Arts Management (SAM) posts an insta with a short video of a new mini-boy, Ben, where he announces that he is part of the tour.
He says he is 8 years old.
So young and already on international tour, he must be promising :)
Wow, great! Is it him next to Cory during the Christmas concert warm-up? How often does it happen that a mini-boy has his first concert abroad? :o (I was secretly hoping for a UK concert before their Korea tour to give the mini-boys the chance to build up a bit of concert routine :oops: )

Btw, I just realised that there is another (older) video anouncement of the tour with Nathan, Morgan and Oscar on the SAM insta page which I have missed until now:

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:23 pm">1 year ago</span> How often does it happen that a mini-boy has his first concert abroad?
Lucky timing for Ben. Perhaps we'll see some other new faces in Korea as well.

We should also remember that it's been 3½ years since their last overseas tour. Many of the younger boys have never toured abroad, yet they're the ones who kept Libera going when there was very little payoff in terms of travel and performance opportunities. I'm very happy for them as well.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Good finds! Hope everyone attending this tour enjoys themselves! :D
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:23 pm">1 year ago</span> Wow, great! Is it him next to Cory during the Christmas concert warm-up?
Yes it appears so. I think this pandemic has created a lot of unusual situations with how Libera is operating and recruiting, perhaps taking boys along who they previously wouldn't in past years. A good thing I would imagine.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Another greeting video - this one comes from Thomas Mushrafi! Hopefully, this is kind of a "countdown" and we will see many more videos of the boys attending during the next days (the video titles seem to indicate this) :D

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Fan post of the Korean programme...

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:57 am">1 year ago</span> Fan post of the Korean programme...
Thanks, interesting! So apart from Wayfaring Stranger (last performed 2019 at their Philippines tour) and The Prayer (USA tour 2019) [source: Libera Passion] they stick to their 2022 repertoire. I'm curious if DW will still sing the solo parts of Come my Way :shock:

... aaand another mini-boy premieres in South Korea, 9yo Federico (another 'r' is missing intentionally :wink: )

Last edited by theriverflowson on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:25 am">1 year ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:57 am">1 year ago</span> Fan post of the Korean programme...
Thanks, interesting! So apart from Wayfaring Stranger (last performed 2019 at their Philippines tour) and The Prayer (USA tour 2019) [source: Libera Passion] they stick to their 2022 repertoire. I'm curious if DW will still sing the solo parts of Comy my Way :shock:
I just don't understand their obsession with Orinoco. :?
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Oh come on, it's only in 6th spot of most sung songs!* :wink: :mrgreen:

Libera 149 times.
Salva Me 142 times.
Stay With Me 141 times.
Sanctus 138 times.
Exsultate 102 times.
Orinoco Flow 98 times.

Let it make 100 at least! :P

I have to say I actually quite like it and am always happy to hear it, but I have heard some fans express dissatisfaction at it's inclusion in concerts before.

*(according to Libera Passion)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

No If so maybe Daniel has moved to back row?

I will admit I am super excited to have Wayfaring Stranger back. It’s one of my favorite songs of there’s and it’s always a joy to hear live.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:09 pm">1 year ago</span> No If so maybe Daniel has moved to back row?
He was still an alto a few weeks ago, so a decent chance he will be doing Come My Way in Korea.