Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It looks like he's finally about to start recording his own solo album. I'm wondering if he is recording everything at this place, or if he will also record some tracks in a studio.

The Furby

Post by The Furby »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:21 pm">1 year ago</span> It looks like he's finally about to start recording his own solo album. I'm wondering if he is recording everything at this place, or if he will also record some tracks in a studio.
Thank you for sharing.

Incidentally, a video was recorded there for SoP with Libera in 2002, and was broadcasted early december of that year, 20 years ago by a few days. Time flies...
I Am the Day (2002) with Ben Crawley & Joe Platt.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Wow! Funny find.
Thanks for the update The Furby :)

The video has lot of visual effects that make difficult to compare the video and the tweet, but there is at least that view to the triple opening
Charter House.jpg
Charter House.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Charter House.jpg
Charter House.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

FkbIdD0XwAAwLwy.jpg
FkbIdD0XwAAwLwy.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
FkbIdD0XwAAwLwy.jpg
FkbIdD0XwAAwLwy.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It looks like he wasn't just being recorded, but also filmed. I can't see why else those bright lights would be there.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

"When Christmas Comes to Town" (Video):

Audio from Luca's solo concert for his major Kickstarter backers on 10 December 2022:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just listening to an 'Audience with' now and enjoying it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 pm">1 year ago</span> Just listening to an 'Audience with' now and enjoying it.
I seem to be having some trouble understanding Sussexian.

Did Luca say he enjoys "coffee" music?

What did Luca say about the audience that he thought was annoying during Vincent? "Actions"?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:35 pm">1 year ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 pm">1 year ago</span> Just listening to an 'Audience with' now and enjoying it.
I seem to be having some trouble understanding Sussexian.

Did Luca say he enjoys "coffee" music?

What did Luca say about the audience that he thought was annoying during Vincent? "Actions"?
"Poppy music" I think, the other part I couldn't quite make out.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Looks like he got one of the other BBC YCOTY finalists to join him on a couple songs:

Also, one of the songs he's doing, "O Quam Tristis", is a new composition by Clive Osgood (according to Facebook comment by Convivium Records). As far as I can tell, this has not been performed yet, so it's a premiere.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:31 pm">1 year ago</span> Looks like he got one of the other BBC YCOTY finalists to join him on a couple songs:

Also, one of the songs he's doing, "O Quam Tristis", is a new composition by Clive Osgood (according to Facebook comment by Convivium Records). As far as I can tell, this has not been performed yet, so it's a premiere.
Oh, that's perfect! Alice is the only one of the three girl finalists that I personally rated. Also the only one I've ever heard live and a good fit to Luca. She sings with Norwich Cathedral Choir who have done a charity concert in London in aid of Childhood Brain Tumour survivors for the past few years. Alice was there in 2019, 2021 and 2022. She sang the Once in Royal David's City solo on the 20th December. Delighted to hear she will be singing some duets with Luca!
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:31 pm">1 year ago</span> Looks like he got one of the other BBC YCOTY finalists to join him on a couple songs:
A brief preview. Phone audio, but sounds promising.

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Why is a particular person on his Facebook page trying to be an online vocal coach (in the comments)? He may be well-intentioned, but I believe Rob Lewis is responsible for that. If he's concerned about something, he should address Rob. Anyways, an early morning practice with a jacket on isn't necessarily the best video clip to be critiquing. It's possible they are letting him comment because he has shown support to Luca and they don't want to upset him by deleting his comments. However, I don't think it's helpful, and I hope Rob is aware of it.

Update: Those Facebook comments have been removed.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:13 pm">1 year ago</span> A brief preview. Phone audio, but sounds promising.
Ahh, Panis Angelicus, lovely. :)
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:23 pm">1 year ago</span> Why is a particular person on his Facebook page trying to be an online vocal coach (in the comments)? He may be well-intentioned, but I believe Rob Lewis is responsible for that. If he's concerned about something, he should address Rob. Anyways, an early morning practice with a jacket on isn't necessarily the best video clip to be critiquing. It's possible they are letting him comment because he has shown support to Luca and they don't want to upset him by deleting his comments. However, I don't think it's helpful, and I hope Rob is aware of it.
Luca has Rob, his school music department, and all the staff at Libera, I think between them they can manage!! Presumably Luca's social media is run completely by his parents, so I'm sure they will just politely ignore that persons advice and leave it to the professionals.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:23 pm">1 year ago</span> Why is a particular person on his Facebook page trying to be an online vocal coach (in the comments)? He may be well-intentioned, but I believe Rob Lewis is responsible for that. If he's concerned about something, he should address Rob. Anyways, an early morning practice with a jacket on isn't necessarily the best video clip to be critiquing. It's possible they are letting him comment because he has shown support to Luca and they don't want to upset him by deleting his comments. However, I don't think it's helpful, and I hope Rob is aware of it.
Luca has Rob, his school music department, and all the staff at Libera, I think between them they can manage!! Presumably Luca's social media is run completely by his parents, so I'm sure they will just politely ignore that persons advice and leave it to the professionals.
He certainly has all he needs in that regard, I'm just bothered by the fact that he even responded to this fellow's advice. The fellow even mentioned how he wished he could be his vocal teacher, and it made me uncomfortable. Also, it can be confusing if someone gives you advice that may not be consistent with what you are being instructed to do. I'm not on Facebook and don't wish to be on it, so I can't leave a comment there.

Update: Those Facebook comments have been removed.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.