Celtic

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by Celtic »

Teaser clip of the Semi-final.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:19 pm">1 year ago</span> Teaser clip of the Semi-final.
So William and Charlie are the mystery boys but a quick Google search resulted in no announcements with their names from any choir schools, so that remains a mystery.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:55 pm">1 year ago</span> 2nd one is former St Paul's Cathedral I think at least from the cassock colour and because I'm fairly sure I remember him.

William is St Paul's as I thought. Knew I had seen him before. :D 8)

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Rochester! Rochester blinking Cathedral Choir. Heck, I am so irritated by myself, because I should have known that. I was supposed to go and see them in 2019 but for some reason I didn't. What type of Choir enthusiast am I if I can't identify a choir less than 50 miles away!!! #annoyed

Anyway... good luck to them all, but especially Luca.
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Well, the only Rochester I'd ever heard of was in New York so don't be too hard on yourself.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Rochester wear ruffs don't they? So he's not really in his usual attire...
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Yeah, that did throw me a bit. Ah well, mystery solved.

Luca asked for a tag line for his photo with Rev. Kate Bottley, here's mine :mrgreen:
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

FiL9w3dWAAA2eaS.jpg
FiL9w3dWAAA2eaS.jpg (187.39 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
FiL9w3dWAAA2eaS.jpg
FiL9w3dWAAA2eaS.jpg (187.39 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luca, Samuel and William are headed for the finals!!!
Last edited by Luckdragon on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
j8000

Post by j8000 »

I think Luca was the clear winner of this round with Sam not far behind. I guess his experience with Libera was a big help - for some entrants it was probably their first time singing on stage with all the lights and cameras which can be quite intimidating.

I must say I thought Charlie gave a better performance than William, who seemed a bit more wobbly to me than the judges said. However when he did get it spot on he sounded very promising, so I'm looking forward to hearing him in the final with Sam and Luca.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

I agreed with the judges decision. Ivo seemed a little bit more nervous than the others, and you could immediately hear he had a bit of a frog in his throat at the beginning, which is a shame. Charlie's performance was great, but I do think you could hear that he was straining to hit the higher notes.

I really don't think there was much between Luca, Sam and William. There were small negative points in all three performances, and I agreed with the judges assessment. Luca's diction, Sam's lack of expressiveness, and William's tuning in the top notes. But overall they all gave absolutely fantastic performances. I would have been hard pressed to decide a winner if it wasn't for that stunning middle section by Luca. For me the other two get joint second, I really couldn't pick between them.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luca was the best one out of all of them, and I'm not just saying that because of any sort of Libera loyalty. William was second place to my ears on technical grounds, while the enthusiastic Charlie would have done so much better had his voice not been breaking quite as aggressively.

Of course with Luca having now uploaded the entire semi-final to his YouTube channel, I'd be interested to hear other opinions as well.

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yes, I'm a little Libera biased, but so overjoyed that Luca got through to the final with his fabulous rendition. All the choristers done a fabulous job with their piece, I'm glad I was not a judge, it would of been a difficult decision.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Well, I agree Luca did fantastically well. His rendition of the Ave Maria was the best one so far. I could not tell if it is true or biaised, but I did think he was the best one.
Ivo seemed to be on nerves, but he has a nice voice. I thought Charlie would be a finalist, like j8000, since William's performance wasn't perfect, though I liked William's voice better so I'm curious to hear him again. Charlie did lacked legato but I liked the energy.
Then I really really liked Samuel. Great voice and technique.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Luca clear winner for me... just better control especially in the top range and his delivery is flawless, more polished.

Well done to the others they can be proud of their efforts too. Looking forward to the finals in two weeks time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez