Libera "Abide with me" in the Handmaid's Tale ?

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Libera "Abide with me" in the Handmaid's Tale ?

Post by Padmachou »

I have great difficulties to really believe it, but I think Libera's version of "Abide with me" might be a soundtrack to the episode 7 of season 5 of "The Handmaid's tale". If someone has Amazon Prime, I would like to know what you think.
It is a very strange setting, a woman is trying to give birth to a child, surrounded with all the women breathing "Push, push", and all the strange prayers of Gilead... the show is hum... well... strange is the word. :mrgreen:

It starts around 05:20. I kept checking on my phone if I had somehow started my Libera setlist by accident :lol: Around 06:15 you can even hear the instrumental solo, it sounds so very much like Libera... Until 06:48 when it stops.

So, is it Libera or not ? Could not find any mention of them.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera "Abide with me" in the Handmaid's Tale ?

Post by fan_de_LoK »

You are right, it is them.

From the ears it really sounds exactly the Libera Abide With me.

Then, using the app 'Google audio search', it identifies almost instantly Libera's 'Abide With me'.

I tried Shazam as well but it was too slow to react on the short part where the song is the most audible at the end.

Too bad there is not a page about songs in the end credits.
kringle

Post by kringle »

I tried Shazam on my phone several times and mostly got no result but twice it identified as "Libera & Robert Prizeman" when I played the segment and then pressed the back arrow so it would replay while Shazam was still running. I also got a match when I extracted the segment and put the video on a loop. I watched the episode on Wednesday night but it didn't clue in that it might be Libera.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

It's confirmed here!
https://screenrant.com/handmaids-tale-s ... ack-songs/
https://www.tunefind.com/show/the-handm ... n-5/227638

Anyone knows which version they took though? Is it the one with Ed Day singing solo in the Leiden concert?