Platinum Member

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by TullyBascombe »

Done and done. (Needed 10 characters.)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Back to the Young chorister of the year 2022 competition.

A 3rd competitor is now known, Alice Platten, 16 Yo.
She sings with the Norwich Cathedral choir.
She was already a semi-finalist at the same competition in year 2020.

So far just 3 of the 10 competitors have appeared on Google.
- Luca Brugnoli
- Abigail Moult
- Alice Platten
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Hmm, I believe I heard her last December in London as part of a Norwich Cathedral choir charity concert, but no solos so I can't tell you how she has developed since 2020.

I found an email/phone number to ring for YCOTY tickets but it was so late in the day I didn't try. The audience numbers are quite small for YCOTY I think, and it's in Manchester. I mean come on, who the heck lives there.

It's really difficult to tell if Luca has a chance or not. Clearly, he is very talented. But so was Cormac and he was undone by the extra experience of the girl choristers. Crossing my fingers, as the winner gets to sing in London in December in a venue I really like.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well Luca performed in the semi-final yesterday according to his twitter https://twitter.com/LucaBrugnoli12

Hopefully we'll see what the results are in a few weeks time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Luca posted another tweet, with the broadcast dates:

- Boys semi-finals : Sunday 27 November
- Girls semi-finals : Sunday 4 December
- Finals : Sunday 11 December

j8000

Post by j8000 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:55 pm">1 year ago</span> Back to the Young chorister of the year 2022 competition.

A 3rd competitor is now known, Alice Platten, 16 Yo.
She sings with the Norwich Cathedral choir.
She was already a semi-finalist at the same competition in year 2020.

So far just 3 of the 10 competitors have appeared on Google.
- Luca Brugnoli
- Abigail Moult
- Alice Platten
Also Ivo from Temple Church
Josquin2Penderecki

Post by Josquin2Penderecki »

Here is one more singer who made it on the boys' side:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Luca has just released another wonderful piece on his YouTube channel.

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

p0dgvfdy (1).jpg
p0dgvfdy (1).jpg (313.58 KiB) Viewed 993 times
p0dgvfdy (1).jpg
p0dgvfdy (1).jpg (313.58 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Line up for the YCOTY boys.

Luca in probably his school chapel choir cassock.

2nd one is former St Paul's Cathedral I think at least from the cassock colour and because I'm fairly sure I remember him.

3rd one is Ivo from Temple Church

4th one I don't recognise the chorister, nor his cassock, any ideas?

5th is Sam from York Minster
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:55 pm">1 year ago</span> 4th one I don't recognise the chorister, nor his cassock, any ideas?
Can't say I recognize it from a cathedral. He's wearing a tie and looks 14 so maybe a public school chapel?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Still not all 5 names known, but info appear about the songs.

Judges : Katherine Jenkins, Howard Goodall and David Grant.

Songs that will be performed Sunday include :
- How Beautiful Are the Feet, from Handel's Messiah
- Pie Jesu by Fauré,
- Lorenc's Ave Maria,
- Panis Angelicus by Franck,
- Holst's I Vow To Thee, My Country.

This comes from this TV program page.

Likely Luca's song is the Ave Maria, as he trained on it recently, see here.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

It annoys me that I can't even identify the choir of the 4th one. Guess Sunday will reveal all!

Decided to take a chance on a ticket for the concert on the 13th December that will feature the Young Chorister 2022 winner. It clashed with Christ Church Cathedral Choir, which is what I would normally have attended. But even if Luca isn't the winner, if they have beaten Luca then whoever it is should at least have a very good voice!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:07 am">1 year ago</span> It annoys me that I can't even identify the choir of the 4th one. Guess Sunday will reveal all!

Decided to take a chance on a ticket for the concert on the 13th December that will feature the Young Chorister 2022 winner. It clashed with Christ Church Cathedral Choir, which is what I would normally have attended. But even if Luca isn't the winner, if they have beaten Luca then whoever it is should at least have a very good voice!
Cool! Personally, I would always prefer a choir concert to a concert for just one singer unless I have a good idea who the singer is and the repertoire. But knowing you I bet that you've heard Christ Church so many times (I saw them once in New York and they were good) you'd rather go for something new.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:23 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:07 am">1 year ago</span> It annoys me that I can't even identify the choir of the 4th one. Guess Sunday will reveal all!

Cool! Personally, I would always prefer a choir concert to a concert for just one singer unless I have a good idea who the singer is and the repertoire. But knowing you I bet that you've heard Christ Church so many times (I saw them once in New York and they were good) you'd rather go for something new.
Yes, I have heard Christ Church Cathedral Choir several times in their Xmas SJSS concert, so that did play a part in my decision. Time for something new!

https://cadoganhall.com/whats-on/childl ... s-concert/

The concert is a mixed event with many guests, including choirs, so I expect to enjoy it! If it does turn out to be Luca singing too, then that will just be a bonus. :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Remember that the boys' semifinal will be broadcast by BBC One London on Sunday, November 27 from 11:35 AM - 12:15 PM.

News from Luca:

It's been a while since the success of the kick-starter campaign. We thought 'team Luca' would update you with some project news.

We have now finalised all the repertoire that we will be recording in the coming weeks. You will not be disappointed !! The album will bring a mix of some traditional classical repertoire, new arrangements and some great crossover songs.
Recording will start once Luca is off school. It's been a busy term with academic exams and school has had to come first. This will be Luca's final year at his current school before he moves on to start year 9 at a new school September 2023.

The end of 2022 will be very busy, and the New Year holds some exciting developments of which we will regularly keep you updated.

We hope to have some CDs ready for dispatch by mid-April, but if things run a little later, we apologise.

Enjoy the festive season to come.

Regards
Luca and Family