Summer Concerts 2022 - Brighton & Chichester

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Summer Concerts 2022 - Brighton & Chichester

Post by filiarheni »

Regarding the tickets, I wouldn't stand back only because the sale looks bad like getting worse seats in the moment of ordering them. We all know that at shortest notice things can change and opportunities may open for better, sometimes just fabulous seats. The local ticket market may not stop until directly before the concert. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:37 pm">1 year ago</span>from a musical point of view, it is also necessary that the young boys get more experience, and that the older ones still get opportunities to sing with the group while they are young enough. I think we should be glad about that. It is not just about us attending or not :D .

And honestly, I am not surprised by anything that is going on... Probably they hoped for an international tour until last minute and they still managed to secure a small UK tour, which is great (better than nothing anyway). They announced it late, so of course the prices for planes and train will be high, even more with the crisis like someone pointed out before.
I agree with you. First of all, they should have as many opportunities to perform as possible and they should not let the summer pass by without having anything. It will be disappointing enough for them not to have been able to make a trip like South Korea, so at least some concerts are there in sight now to practise to perform and to enjoy singing on stage after such a musical desert during the past years.

Perhaps Libera should wait one more year with major trip plans and rather plan a trip longer in advance, but with a high chance to get realised in this insecure times, which would mean a longer trip in the UK or wherever in Europe. And I don't say that for egotism, but for realism.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
LordG

Post by LordG »

As much as I would like to attend these concerts, there are other events that require my personal attendance. :(

I hardly think that the concert in Ely can be topped within these few weeks. The two scheduled concerts are
therefore, more likely to be a variation of the Ely concert. Certainly interesting in two new environments
combined with the challenges there. I will be surprised by the reports when new songs are performed.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Once again: really hoping for good attendance. All these reactions make me tend toward trying to go. I just wish to support them so much. So what if you have a less decent seat for once? It’s still Libera and we can’t always have top seats all the time. Appreciate good seats when they’re there, and accept the less good seat when it’s there. Support is through thick AND thin. Plus: Chichester really is worth a visit on its own (I have fond memories from 2014) and I’m excited that the boys get to sing in this new environment for them. So please, consider if you can make it.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I agree with those above who wrote that it's good Libera is having any concert at all as it's good for the choristers to have the opportunity to perform. Absolutely true! :D Having a UK tour, which was likely organized very quickly after the Korea tour was cancelled, is a great idea! Unlike other choirs who only need to show up to a church with a few choral risers, the choir members, and a pianist, Libera sets up lighting, sound equipment, and hires a small orchestra. These sorts of requirements cannot be met with haste, nor can an official announcement be made until all arrangements are secured.

This will be a great opportunity for the choir to have a sort of preview of a more comprehensive tour -- especially the large number of members who, due to the pandemic, have yet to experience even a single tour. :(

With that said, the disappointment I am seeing here is not with Libera, but with the current travel situation. I want to support Libera, and if they were singing in my city, or a nearby place, I would go without question. Good seat or bad seat. But the issue is one of travel cost vs benefit. The cost to travel is 1.5 to 2 times higher than normal and paying that much (thousands of dollars when combined with hotels) and then possibly getting subpar seats....well...that just rubs salt into the wound.

Let me be clear, however, that this wound is not Libera's fault, and though we are complaining, that does not mean that we are criticizing Libera's management. The current crisis and the aftermath of the pandemic is hardly their fault lol. If anything, their music has been a soothing balm for many of us during these difficult few years.

So I apologize if it sounded like I was whining....maybe I was lol :lol: But I was really hoping that somehow the money would be there for me to see them and that the overall situation would more conducive for those of us needing to fly across oceans and continents to finally see Libera again. But there WILL be a next time! :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The fear of only getting ‘bad’ seats is unfounded. It’s nearly two hours after the general sale started and there are still premium seats available for both concerts.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm">1 year ago</span> The fear of only getting ‘bad’ seats is unfounded. It’s nearly two hours after the general sale started and there are still premium seats available for both concerts.
My fear is half empty venues. :-(

Managed to get front row on the right for Brighton and second row on the left hand side for Chichester.

Looking forward to it.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm">1 year ago</span> The fear of only getting ‘bad’ seats is unfounded. It’s nearly two hours after the general sale started and there are still premium seats available for both concerts.
This is because Libera held back some good seats from the presale for the general public. What appeared to be unavailable looking at the seating charts on Sunday, suddenly became available right at the opening. They managed to strike a balance between the needs of two of their biggest constituencies, albeit without saying so upfront. Bravo!
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to already start with binding reservations. Seeing all the seats which are still available I'm a bit worried. Otherwise, prices won't get cheaper if you wait too long and the whole trip already has to be organzied on a short-term, hence const-intensive basis... :? Any idea how Libera would deal with restrained demand of their concerts?
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

The way things are going with the airlines currently, it's probably a good thing that Libera won't be needing to fly on planes this summer.
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

How wonderful to have these shows to attend, especially as I missed Ely :| these new shows have come as a total surprise :shock: But a good one. :lol:

I haven't been to either venue before so that will also be interesting. I do hope they get good attendances. I recall being in Chester in 2009 and was it Armagh or Belfast in 2012 and unfortunately they didn't draw much of a crowd. The concerts were still amazing but i still felt kinda sorry for them.

Well flights booked, tickets too, that's about it so far. Dunno how I'm going to pay for it all but the Lord provides :D
"You are not alone"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Sadly I have to cancel. Brighton A20 (front row) and Chichester H5 (proper view of the stage) are now again for sale, send a DM if interested.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:37 pm">1 year ago</span> Sadly I have to cancel. Brighton A20 (front row) and Chichester H5 (proper view of the stage) are now again for sale, send a DM if interested.
Sorry to hear that - see you in December then & good luck with your ticket sale!
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

The sales so far are not impressive... :( Do you think Libera plans on local people attending last minute ? Brighton and Chichester should be places where people will be going for the holidays...
I am a bit worried for Libera, and dearly hope there is no chance of cancelling, though if they do not have an audience it will be sad and will cost them a lot, right ?
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Heads up for those coming for the summer concerts. There is a strike by some train operators on the 30th July. Not all operators are striking currently and there isn't full information yet about what services will be affected, but worth checking a few days before you travel.