Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

South Korea July/August 2022

Post by Yorkie »

Posting on Twitter suggests a Libera concert in Sejong on 02/08/22:

https://www.sjac.or.kr/base/nrr/perform ... manceNo=27

The suggestion is of a full tour with other dates & venues.

http://seoularts.com/
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: South Korea August 2022

Post by Surpinto »

For those able to travel to see Libera in Korea, please enjoy! This is wonderful news because the choir has been without a tour for far too long.
dani
Diamond Member

Re: South Korea August 2022

Post by dani »

I will admit I am very surprised by this considering how strict entry rules are to SK.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Re: South Korea July/August 2022

Post by Amie_Hill »

Translation: Period 2022.08.02 Venue Sejong Arts Center
Time 1 time 19:30 Viewing level 8 years old or older
Price information R 110,000
S 90,000
A 60,000 Hosted by Sejong Special Self-Governing City
Hosted by Sejong City Cultural Foundation Inquiries 044-850-8921~4
Detailed information Other information
※ Ticket opening schedules for performances in the second half of the year (July to December) will be announced at a later date.

Angels singing peace with mystical voices

The boys' choir <Rivera> in London, England, which is loved by people all over the world for its pure and beautiful voice
The boys' choir was formed by the genius conductor and music director Robert Frysman, who is called the 'modern Mozart'.
<Rivera> means ‘freedom’ in Latin, and it embodies music with their own colors, encompassing medieval and modern music, regardless of the format of a specific school or religious group.
The representative songs of <Rivera> are arranged in a high range, so the music has a high level of difficulty and is unique.
In particular, songs such as 'Sanctus' and 'Walking in the Air' breathe a unique fresh and positive energy, and are already being used in various movies and TV entertainment programs.

○ Performers: Rivera Choir
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I wonder if they will try to line something up in Japan while they're in the area?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I hope this strain of monkeypox virus going around isn't highly transmissible, or you know what happens next. Historically, it's a virus that doesn't spread too easily, but who knows what this one will do. Anyways, I hope Libera won't be forced to cancel stuff again.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is the monkeypox virus in Korea? I thought it was in New York and Europe? They keep saying that it's not very contagious and that they don't expect it to spread.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat May 21, 2022 3:50 am">1 year ago</span> Is the monkeypox virus in Korea? I thought it was in New York and Europe? They keep saying that it's not very contagious and that they don't expect it to spread.
Well, I was thinking of the worst-case scenario. The cases so far suggest transmission through direct contact, so I don't think it will be a huge deal. However, I'm not going to declare a false alarm just yet, until we get more definitive information.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As per a post on twitter the concert has been canceled. :? :(

cancellation.png
cancellation.png (18 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
cancellation.png
cancellation.png (18 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
So what now? Such last minute changes can only mean either a UK tour as in 2015 or nothing. Maybe something in the EU?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue May 31, 2022 9:01 pm">1 year ago</span> As per a post on twitter the concert has been canceled. :? :(

cancellation.png

So what now? Such last minute changes can only mean either a UK tour as in 2015 or nothing. Maybe something in the EU?
I think the EU is unlikely. They would have to finance it & they would now need to obtain visas for the boys to perform for a paid concert (of course many of them may have EU passports but not sure if they would need something as a whole group to perform). Another Brexit benefit...

So, I would say it is the UK or nothing sadly.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I hope this doesn't cause anyone to lose interest in joining Libera. Personally, I don't think international tours should be the main reason for being interested in joining Libera. I think a group like the Vienna Choir Boys revolves around touring more than Libera does. However, if they can't even do more concerts in the UK to compensate, it would be disappointing.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

This is quite sad,I wonder what they meant though specifically with the circumstances of the performing group. I'm hoping that it's not that huge and will not impact the group's ability to tour internationally in the future to come.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Well, the fact that Libera never had it on their public calendar makes me think the arrangements were never final on their end.

We can certainly hope that Korea's loss is the UK's gain but as was discussed in another thread, it's late in the season and they don't travel light. The UK's relative indifference also creates some financial uncertainty, I'm sure.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:33 am">1 year ago</span> This is quite sad,I wonder what they meant though specifically with the circumstances of the performing group. I'm hoping that it's not that huge and will not impact the group's ability to tour internationally in the future to come.

I think it’s simply Covid as it’s still not the best idea to travel in a large group setting and the consequences of somebody getting sick when you are half way around the world.