Boys Choir Festival - Nuremberg - 18 June 2022

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Boys Choir Festival - Nuremberg - 18 June 2022

Post by Luckdragon »

This looks amazing. Some of the best boy choirs in the world will be there. The full schedule (11:00 - 22:00) is available at https://windsbacher-knabenchor.de/konze ... rfestival/.
Celt

Re: Boys Choir Festival - Nuremberg - 18 June 2022

Post by Celt »

It really does sound amazing (If possibly a little tiring!) No idea if I will make it there yet, but if I do I shall be attending all the concerts!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I have been waiting for three months for the full announcement. If it really takes place with all of these choirs, this is a super-attractive event! But at this moment I do not dare to trust in the Escolanía and NGK to come, although I deeply, deeply hope so.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The tickets are now on sale here: https://www.reservix.de/veranstaltungsk ... &sort=date.

There will be four concerts at two venues:

St. Sebald, 11:00
Windsbacher Knabenchor and Poznań Boys Choir (Poland)

St. Lorenz, 13:30
Regensburger Domspatzen and Nidarosdomens Guttekor (Norway)

St. Sebald, 16:00
Knabenchor Hannover and Escolanía de Montserrat (Spain)

St. Lorenz, 19:30
Final concert of all choirs

There's a short description about each choir and venue on the website.
Celt

Post by Celt »

wow, that's a lot more expensive than I was expecting.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

There is also an option for a subscription, where you get the four concerts for 30 % off the normal price, while you are restricted in the seat selection.

https://www.reservix.de/tickets-knabenc ... 2/e1926848

Remember that there are two venues for four concerts. So the choice happens only twice. Also, the final concert with all six choirs was naturally very popular right from the beginning. Many people will have decided to just attend this one to get them all. While IMO that can't be more than a - although worthy - final of a festival, and I'm looking forward to attending the double concerts, where each choir has real room for itself.

I noticed that there can be issues with booking the subscription online, as they, other than normally, started the subscription and the single ticket sale at the same time, which makes the technical part of it more complicated. If so, you can also call the hotline: +49 1806 700 733 (open from 6:00 am to 22:00 pm).
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Meanwhile, a live-streaming of the final concert, which includes all six choirs, has been announced. The ticket fee is € 12,20 and can be purchased here:

https://www.reservix.de/tickets-knabenc ... 2/e1949161

The concert starts at 19:30 CET = 18:30 GMT.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:51 am">1 year ago</span> Meanwhile, a live-streaming of the final concert, which includes all six choirs, has been announced. The ticket fee is € 12,20 and can be purchased here:

https://www.reservix.de/tickets-knabenc ... 2/e1949161

The concert starts at 19:30 CET = 18:30 GMT.
Don't forget the €2 add-on fee :roll: Hopefully it will be available afterwards and not just live.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:31 am">1 year ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:51 am">1 year ago</span> The ticket fee is € 12,20
Don't forget the €2 add-on fee :roll: Hopefully it will be available afterwards and not just live.
That was a secret! How could I have tempted people into a purchase otherwise. :P :lol:

But yes, there's an online booking fee, not unusual, s. Libera concerts as well.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

... and it is independent on the number of tickets you order, it always remains the same amount.

They have now clarified that the livestream will stay available for 72 hours after the end of the streaming.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Well, that was... AMAZING!

Perhaps the most prestigious assembly of boy choir talent ever - and they delivered!

I wish I could have been there to experience all four concerts in person, but that little church was PACKED for the grand finale.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I was busy when it streamed and because it was posted that it would be available for 72 hours after I thought I would be able to buy it and watch it after the event but the link is now dead :(
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Scott Price tweeted that Escolania de Montserrat were the standout choir, does anyone else who watched it agree?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

j8000 wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:17 am">1 year ago</span> Scott Price tweeted that Escolania de Montserrat were the standout choir, does anyone else who watched it agree?
Escolania stood out because they were the only choir that topped out at 8th grade. Escolania was, shockingly, the only choir to have a treble solo (in "El cant dels ocells") and he was terrific. They also performed one of only two upbeat numbers with "La Nostra Danza". Poznan was the other with "Imbakwa".

Windsbacher and Regensberg choristers top out at about 18 while all of the other choirs had adult men in them. All of these choirs chose very traditional pieces that seemed to emphasize the deeper voices. Regensberg even performed one ("Beati mortui") where the trebles sat down and did not sing at all. It was a nice piece but these were the world famous SPARROWS and they were at a BOY CHOIR FESTIVAL. A puzzling decision.

Poznan has a handful of very good treble soloists but didn't use any for the finale. Disappointingly, their only soloist was an adult tenor.

The trebles were still very much a part of things with their soaring melodies and beautiful harmonies. The quality of every song was very high overall, but Escolania did stand out in the end because they're 80% trebles and performed the only treble solo.

The most amazing part of the evening was the two songs sung by the combined choirs, "Ubi caritas" and "Locus iste". That was pure awesome sauce.