Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisB

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by ChrisB »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:15 am">2 years ago</span>
ChrisB wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm">2 years ago</span> Yes I can’t wait to see how Luca comes along. And thanks for the welcome!
For those who may not know, Luca has a YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXxCLs ... T5rlUddX-g.

Support him with subscribes, views and likes.
Oh thank you for pointing out Luca’s channel. I have subscribed. A couple of lovely songs on there already . Hope he keeps recording more. Truly the voice of angel.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

ChrisB wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm">2 years ago</span> Yes I can’t wait to see how Luca comes along. And thanks for the welcome!
For those who may not know, Luca has a YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXxCLs ... T5rlUddX-g.

Unfortunately, comments, likes and notifications are disabled per YT rules regarding minors.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:17 pm">2 years ago</span> Unfortunately, comments, likes and notifications are disabled per YT rules regarding minors.
Strange. I was able to like all of his videos and the two initial songs each have over 300 likes. However, the rest of it is annoying. I can't even add the videos to a playlist in YouTube Music.

Luca is apparently working with Rob Lewis on a CD. Rob was Director of Music for St. Thomas on the Bourne for 10 years and helped Cai Thomas with his CDs.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 pm">2 years ago</span> Luca is apparently working with Rob Lewis on a CD. Rob was Director of Music for St. Thomas on the Bourne for 10 years and helped Cai Thomas with his CDs.
He...is? :shock: If you don't mind telling us, how did you come by this knowledge? Anymore details?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:13 pm">2 years ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 pm">2 years ago</span> Luca is apparently working with Rob Lewis on a CD. Rob was Director of Music for St. Thomas on the Bourne for 10 years and helped Cai Thomas with his CDs.
He...is? :shock: If you don't mind telling us, how did you come by this knowledge? Anymore details?
Rob came into the 'Great Boys Choirs of the World' FB group to say that he'd been approached by a Libera choirboy to help him with a CD and asked members for song suggestions. Of course, he got a billion of them so I'm not sure how helpful it was in the end. He didn't say it was Luca at first, but it was pretty obvious because Luca is Libera's only premiere soloist who's still young enough to safely start a CD project.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:38 am">2 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:13 pm">2 years ago</span>
Rob came into the 'Great Boys Choirs of the World' FB group to say that he'd been approached by a Libera choirboy to help him with a CD and asked members for song suggestions. Of course, he got a billion of them so I'm not sure how helpful it was in the end. He didn't say it was Luca at first, but it was pretty obvious because Luca is Libera's only premiere soloist who's still young enough to safely start a CD project.
Well, I'm interested to see how this turns out. It's probably Luca, but I wouldn't rule out it being someone else. Doing a whole CD does require some money, so there's no guarantee of this actually happening yet. I wonder what Rob Lewis is up to nowadays since he no longer directs music at that church?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:14 am">2 years ago</span> Well, I'm interested to see how this turns out. It's probably Luca, but I wouldn't rule out it being someone else. Doing a whole CD does require some money, so there's no guarantee of this actually happening yet. I wonder what Rob Lewis is up to nowadays since he no longer directs music at that church?
That's probably why Rob posted in a general boy choir group. Libera is just one of many boy choirs being discussed and Luca one of many soloists. People there won't be terribly disappointed if it doesn't happen. Fortunately, money should be the least of his challenges with all the crowdfunding options that are available. That's how Oscar Stembridge funded his recent video.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:17 pm">2 years ago</span>

Unfortunately, comments, likes and notifications are disabled per YT rules regarding minors.
Oops, my mistake :oops: . Yes, you CAN like his videos, the rest are disabled. :(
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Another video from Luca:

"Still heavily involved in the most amazing choir ever but also wanting to try some solo material."

Guess I understand the reference :D
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

It's a very good interpretation. I am not sure many boys could sing that song live that well, this is not a professionnal record and the fact that it still sounds really good means it must be really, really, really, really good :lol: Though I hope the "tracks" will be a bit less expected, other boys have sang this piece (like Cai Thomas) recently, and I wish for Luca that he impacts people with different choices and his own very special album... That being said, I am a fan of Les Misérables, so, I'm always happy with a new cover :D And I totally understand that Cai, Luca and others, are probably fan too, and enjoy singing such a song ! Luca could make it to West End's theaters one day if he wishes so !
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, now we know for sure that it's Luca who is planning on recording a solo album.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

"Hopefully an album by next Easter" is said below the video. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:30 pm">2 years ago</span> "Hopefully an album by next Easter" is said below the video. :)
:D Not unprecedented for a Libera member to be part of a different album, but it's by no means common whatsoever. Didn't Liam O'Kane do an album way back when?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:21 pm">2 years ago</span> Didn't Liam O'Kane do an album way back when?
Liam was featured on two CDs by an artist known only as "hard Romantic." Some people think RP was involved with them, others think it was entirely a Japanese production. I've never heard the complete story of how these came about. Liam sings on only a few tracks of Splendore, but on most of the tracks of Soprani. However, if you like ambient piano music, they are both well worth a listen.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:29 pm">2 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:21 pm">2 years ago</span> Didn't Liam O'Kane do an album way back when?
Liam was featured on two CDs by an artist known only as "hard Romantic." Some people think RP was involved with them, others think it was entirely a Japanese production. I've never heard the complete story of how these came about. Liam sings on only a few tracks of Splendore, but on most of the tracks of Soprani. However, if you like ambient piano music, they are both well worth a listen.
Ah yes, that was it! Thanks for the reminder. :D