Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by Padmachou »

About Leon Clarke it seems I was wrong to think he was a mini boy on the left of the stage other sources say he was on the right.
Celt

Post by Celt »

So, is Leon the one staring at my camera in photo (6) ?

Given that IF, is a reflective and thoughtful song, I wonder "IF" it benefitted from ever so slightly lower energy levels from Daniel w. His second performance of IF last year was also the better one...
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:34 pm">2 years ago</span> So, is Leon the one staring at my camera in photo (6) ?

Given that IF, is a reflective and thoughtful song, I wonder "IF" it benefitted from ever so slightly lower energy levels from Daniel w. His second performance of IF last year was also the better one...
I think that boy is Hal Avery.
The heaven soars with voices above...
Celt

Post by Celt »

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Celt on Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Post removed, see message below.

Thanks

Andy
Celt

Post by Celt »

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Celt on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Sorry but I have removed this post for reasons of privacy for the performers.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi all

Can I ask that we stop referring to the incident in the second show yesterday.

I know that we were all concerned and that there is no ill intent from anybody that has posted, but please remember that they are children. A boy had to leave the stage because he felt unwell.

I may edit the posts to remove references to what happened - I don't want to cause offence but I want to be considerate of the privacy of the performers.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Celt

Post by Celt »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:53 am">2 years ago</span>
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am">2 years ago</span> Testing, testing, one, two! Is anymoose there?
:lol: Love the photos! Thanks for sharing them and please don't stop doing so :!:
Check in the posts above for a few retrospective photo additions. :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 pm">2 years ago</span> Check in the posts above for a few retrospective photo additions. :D
Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to match the new names with the new faces soon.
Last edited by Luckdragon on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:44 pm">2 years ago</span>
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:34 pm">2 years ago</span> So, is Leon the one staring at my camera in photo (6) ?
I think that boy is Hal Avery.
Yep, that’s Hal. I’ll never forget his first appearance at only six years old in Arundel in 2019 :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:13 am">2 years ago</span> No time for review for me, currently packing to free the hotel room.vWhy do you want a review while you will enjoy the full concert in video soon ? M The review would spoil you everything :wink:
:lol: Because I lack patience as well as the other virtues :wink:
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 pm">2 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:53 am">2 years ago</span>
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am">2 years ago</span> Testing, testing, one, two! Is anymoose there?
:lol: Love the photos! Thanks for sharing them and please don't stop doing so :!:
Check in the posts above for a few retrospective photo additions. :D
Thanks! Always good to see how much the choristers seem to enjoy themselves at these shows after all the work and dedication they put in.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

A question for those who attended: in what way did you sense the historic moment of this being the first Libera concert since Robert passed?
I understand that he was commemorated in a speech and that there was a page dedicated to him in the programme. Were there any other ways in which you felt a collective notion of starting a new chapter for Libera?
It was partly this sense of historic momentum that made me wish I was there, so I’d be interested to hear some experiences in that regard.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

NateSD wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:23 pm">2 years ago</span> I know I'm a little late, but I hope everyone had a great concert! I'm glad to hear they had a decent sized audience, at least for the first performance.
Registered for 2 years and only now making your first post? :wink: Welcome to Libera Dreams!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:11 am">2 years ago</span> A question for those who attended: in what way did you sense the historic moment of this being the first Libera concert since Robert passed?
I understand that he was commemorated in a speech and that there was a page dedicated to him in the programme. Were there any other ways in which you felt a collective notion of starting a new chapter for Libera?
It was partly this sense of historic momentum that made me wish I was there, so I’d be interested to hear some experiences in that regard.

I will be completely honest and say it didn’t feel any different to me personally. I loved the Robert Prizeman tribute and mention in the concert but “If” was his album and so we was hearing his music still all night. I didn’t come away thinking this was a new chapter. I think in May at Ely we will see more adjustments towards the future.

Also my two Pennies worth on the concerts.

I loved both concerts and having two different views for both definitely added to the enjoyment as I picked up stuff I didn’t on the first.

Cum Dederit was my absolute highlight as Dom has such a wonderful presence when he is performing. We are blessed to have a recording of it and I’m positive everybody will be blown away by his performance.

Considering how little live stage performances they now get I throughly enjoyed the shows.

Dom, Luca and Daniel showed us all they are old pros at this and were memorizing all night. Just a joy to watch them perform in both shows.

It’s wonderful to see the new talent coming though and hear new voices and I hope in 2022 we get to see them more than once.