Platinum Member

Re: Oliver Mycka

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'll second those thoughts.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:14 pm">2 years ago</span> Thought it was time to pay Oliver a small tribute, as he seems to have left the choir. I think the Christmas concert in 2019 was his last appearance.
I loved witnessing his development as the soloist of Stay With Me. That song will remain ‘his song’, as far as I’m concerned. He sang it for a really long time, through 2018 and 2019 (but I believe he started even before then), and grew in confidence, phrasing and colour each time. I felt he nailed it in Osaka, his last Stay With Me, as it turned out to be.
He always seemed genuinely into the moment, both on and off stage. A kind of introvert appearance, which belied a deeper sensitivity and dynamics.
I wish him all the best and pray that the fruits of his musical career will be plentiful.
I would agree that Oliver’s concert performances of “Stay with Me” (30 in all) were some of the best ever. First performance was on the 2017 China tour and a delightful and unexpected surprise, he never even having worn a mike previously. Former soloists included Joe Platt (6), Ed Day (9), Joe Snelling (7), Daniel Fontannez (42), Cassius O’Connell-White (26),and Merlin Brouwer (18).
On the 2019 US tour he also excelled with solos of “Always with You”. He is certainly missed.

Oliver never gave me the impression of being “introverted”, quite the contrary, always outgoing and full of fun. At a signing session the following exchange once took place:
Me: Could you include your middle initial?
Oliver: I don’t have a middle initial.
Me: I heard that your middle name was “Mischief”.
As you can see from the attached he did not disagree.
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 8.20.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 8.20.02 AM.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1990 times
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 8.20.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 8.20.02 AM.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1990 times
Thanks to Libera Passion for the performance stats.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

You may be interested in a certain violin player in the video posted here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3467&p=57924#p57924
Celt

Post by Celt »

It was a great shame when he stopped. I wondered why, as he also stopped singing for his other choir even before leaving Libera. But I had noticed his violin skills above, so he was clearly still around. Voice broke maybe?

He was a favourite of mine due to the fact he was there at my very first Libera concert, and was easily spottable due to his long hair. Lovely voice.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Oliver was the subject of some controversy in 2018 when he did this promotional video for a WBC boxing match. Some parents didn't think Libera should be doing things like this.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ly4y1D7iC
Alvincol867

Post by Alvincol867 »

Yes oliver m left the group for some reason. It was sad, actually he left by his own :| but He still play violin and piano :D