Schola Cantorum - In Paradisum

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Celt

Re: Schola Cantorum - In Paradisum

Post by Celt »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:58 pm">2 years ago</span> Do you have any idea if the sales for the 6th of December at the Royal Opera House should be big or not ? There is a very high probability that I won't be able to book my ticket on the very same day of the opening of the sales, is that something I should be worried about or not ?
I'm afraid I have no idea. But given that it is a lunchtime concert, I would be surprised if the demand was very high. Looking at a recital next week, there is only one seating category (apart from two wheelchair spaces) and no actual reserved seats, so I would guess the CVMS recital will be the same.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:58 pm">2 years ago</span> Do you have any idea if the sales for the 6th of December at the Royal Opera House should be big or not ? There is a very high probability that I won't be able to book my ticket on the very same day of the opening of the sales, is that something I should be worried about or not ?
It's a lunchtime concert on a Monday so you should have a little time. :wink:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thank you for your answer, that is reassuring :D So we might see each other there ?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

There is some information on the ROH's website. They don't say yet, what performance exactly it is going to be, but there is nothing else planned for the 6th December at ROH. See here:
https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-even ... unch-dates

Anyway, they say general booking opens on 16th November 2021. I'm going to attend. :D

ROH_Screenshot.jpg
ROH_Screenshot.jpg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 984 times
ROH_Screenshot.jpg
ROH_Screenshot.jpg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 984 times
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

How beautiful

[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:55 pm">2 years ago</span> How beautiful
Although this video was recently posted, it appears to be at least 3 years old, judging by the familiar faces that we see in it.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:33 pm">2 years ago</span> A promotional video of the CVMS 7th-9th grade orchestra from December 2020. Five familiar faces.

Had to watch 3 times before I spotted a kid that looked a little like a Libera boy and if that was him, he’s had one heck of a growth spurt since leaving Libera. :)

EDited to preserve privacy. JB
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

He's at the right age for that.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I have a spare ticket - J16 - for the Schola Cantorum concert on Friday, 3rd December. If someone is interested, please let me know until tomorrow noon.

https://www.sjss.org.uk/events/cardinal ... ial-school
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Celt

Post by Celt »

Posted on Twitter yesterday:
► Show Spoiler
This photo sums up why CVMS is probably my top choir right now. Look at the number of soloists! Wonderful rendition of Handel's Messiah.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Nice photo, thank you for sharing ! :D They sure are good, but when you mean top choir... well then is Libera just number 2 to you ? :o
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Yes, it's amazing that they're able to attract such great talent to such an expensive school. Maybe they offer music scholarships or something. I hope they post another full-blown Christmas program to YouTube like they did last year, but that may just have been because of the Pandemic.

Hodie! is currently my favorite Christmas album. I listen to parts of it almost daily, especially tracks 13+.
Celt

Post by Celt »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:17 pm">2 years ago</span> Nice photo, thank you for sharing ! :D They sure are good, but when you mean top choir... well then is Libera just number 2 to you ? :o
I don't want to be burnt alive by an angry mob... so, can I refuse to answer that question please? :P I can already sense the Forumites here crowdfunding a wicker-man for me...

It is the range of CVMS singing that I like, the different styles and activities that they are involved with, is what excites me. I'm very much hoping I can get a cheap ticket for Tosca in the next couple of weeks, at the place you were at on Monday. A few weeks back some of them were part of a large choral ensemble at Ely Cathedral (which sadly I saw too late and had to miss) Pieces like Handel's Messiah and Britten's Ceremony of Carols are favourites of mine, and they perform them so well, and there is something about a good treble-choir performing the classics well, that is extra-special! :)

p.s. there is a small xmas present in my above post... #shhhh
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:27 pm">2 years ago</span> Yes, it's amazing that they're able to attract such great talent to such an expensive school.
CVMS is a comprehensive school funded by the Government (DfE).
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celt wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:30 pm">2 years ago</span> p.s. there is a small xmas present in my above post... #shhhh
Very nice. Thank you!

His treble voice really is in top form right now. But alas, it also means there isn't much time left.