Vacancy for new administrator.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Vacancy for new administrator.

Post by Surpinto »

I can't think of anyone better suited than you, Paul. We understand that LDF can't be your full-time job and that life has it's ups and downs! You're human and things happen to us humans; things that are outside of our control. But if you're willing to resume the work you used to do, then I can't think of anyone more suitable. :D

As to your specific proposals, I'm not sure what we can do here that hasn't already been done over at Libera Passion; since you mention discography and tour records. Not sure if you have been over there recently, but it's become pretty much the main database for such information. Since no one owns facts like which boy soloed on which song, it could be duplicated here, but I wonder if such redundancy of work serves anyone since the repository already exists and Google Translate quickly translates the page from French?

Anyway, I am open to discussing whatever ideas you may have and in helping in whatever ways I am reasonably able given the realities of my own life and job as well. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

paul wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 pm">2 years ago</span> It would appear, nobody. The current required update is almost a year overdue.

phpbb.jpg
Soooooooooooo.......................... No real need to ask? Welcome back!
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

paul wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 pm">2 years ago</span> I would whole heartedly like to resume my role in keeping this community confident that Libera Dreams will still be here in the future.

I hope all will welcome me back as a guardian of this great online resource.

Its something I cannot do alone. I have the technical ability, but Libera Dreams needs more. Libera dreams needs a full website with content consisting of the choir present and past, full discography crosslinked to choir members past and present, tours and concerts. This is a lot of work for one person who is currently working 50ish hours a week. We have a lot of very knowledgeable members who could help with this workload.

Firstly, I need to know if you will except me back, then possibly take some suggestions and make some proposals. Finally, we would need to set out a road map on taking Libera dreams from an occasionally visited discussion forum, to a fully fledged first class online resource.

I'm feeling very motivated to get started on work, but the technical side is where my motivation sits currently.

I hope all understands that until recently, the physical world has had to take precedence over the digital domain, but with help, I could dedicate several hours per week.

Thank you all for your understanding, and please except my apologies for leaving you without a full time person to maintain Libera Dreams.

Paul :)
Welcome back Paul!! Thanks for coming back! :)

As Surpinto mentioned, I'm just wondering if the full-fledged site you're referring to is something like what Libera Passion is (i.e. discussion forum cum resource)? I have found that site really useful and I guess it helps that I can read a little French as Google translate isn't very helpful sometimes. If you're thinking of designing a site similar to Libera Passion, I can't commit full-time but am interested in helping out re content-wise when needed. I don't really have technical skills though I don't mind learning. I've created a database solely on the members (meaning I don't really write in full detail about song lyrics, tv appearances and interviews and what-nots unlike Libera Passion), you can view it here perhaps. There's also been a very dedicated fan who has been actually compiling what appears in this forum in several blogs, the latest here.

Although Surpinto mentioned that it may be a bit of redundant work to replicate Libera Passion, I do think it may be useful to have one in English without having to google translate page by page. Perhaps if a poll can be done on this forum or something, like see what the rest thinks of this idea? If we do go ahead with something similar to Libera Passion, I think if many of us join our efforts together, we can get the site up and running without over-committing ourselves. What do the rest say?