Libera sung in a Sunday Mass at the Bournemouth Oratory Church

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Libera sung in a Sunday Mass at the Bournemouth Oratory Church

Post by dani »

I tried to see if I could spot some of the boys but so difficult.

Daniel White ,Thomas Mushrafi , Cameron Birmingham and Koji Shinokubo are the 4 I’m confident I saw.

Definitely looks like a lot of smaller members now.

Also maybe Thomas Sandoval-Herrera
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I think I saw : Dominik (the first one), Luke (not sure), Ben B (not sure), Daniel and Tadhg, Lewis (not sure), Oliver WR (not sure), Johnny and Thomas M, Cameron, Luca, Nathaniel, Koji, Ethan, Hal.
And others I could not recognise :lol:

Good to know they are singing and they are numerous (for the middle of the summer !).
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It was a shame they were mostly off-camera but from what I could observe I'm sure I saw the return of Oliver Mycka much taller now, along with Johnny who has shot up. I saw Sam Coates following them out of the Church on the other camera (Chapel).

Agnus Dei was nice to hear, and the solo on Panis Angelicus was strong and clear considering they wouldn't have been mic'd up like they are for the concerts.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:55 am">2 years ago</span> I tried to see if I could spot some of the boys but so difficult.
Have a look at 1:18:30, when they leave, there you can see them best and will recognise a lot.

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:10 pm">2 years ago</span> Agnus Dei was nice to hear, and the solo on Panis Angelicus was strong and clear considering they wouldn't have been mic'd up like they are for the concerts.
It was amazing to hear Agnus Dei! I haven't heard the song in concert yet and would love to get that! It's no big step from service to concert, nooo ...? 8) :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

wrote:I'm sure I saw the return of Oliver Mycka much taller now
I doubt that Oliver M has returned, I don't recognize him.
I'm assuming it's more likely a tall Joe Cranitch that is between Johnny and Nathaniel, with a bit of hairstyle Oliver M may have had at one point.

I would also like to believe in Agnus Dei, that would be wonderful in a concert.
But I wouldn't want to be delusional either.
The Christmas concert will have to make room for Christmas carols, for some usual standards and for songs from the new album. There will be little room for surprises.
I have little hope but it would be fantastic to listen to this song again live at a concert. The last time it was performed live was in 2010.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

I'm not quite sure if this is correct but I've counted 25 boys in total. There's Dominick,Calam,Tadgh,Daniel,Ben B,Laurence Taylor,Laurence Davey,Cameron Birmingham,Hal Avery,Morgan Wiltshire,Lewis Quinn,Koji,Luca,Jack Spicha,Ethan Barron,Jonathan,Nathaniel,Thomas and Freddie Mushrafi,Joseph Cranitch. The rest I can no longer recognize..
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's still available on the live stream page of the church's website for anybody who hasn't heard it yet. They did a nice variety of music from different musical eras. They did the Kyrie and Gloria from Benjamin Britten's "Missa Brevis in D", but I didn't recognize the Sanctus. Does anybody know who that one's by? It was also nice to hear them do the "Dulcis Christe" by Grancini.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Okay, pretty sure I saw (in no particular order) Daniel W, Dominik, Alex Menuet, Oliver W-R, Johnny G, Calam, Koji, Nathaniel, Freddie & Thomas Mushrafi, Luca B, and a number of mini boys, and yes, pretty sure I saw Oliver Mycka too.
He may have been invited back as alumnus along with other recent alum Nathaniel, because Oliver M hasn’t been in Libera since their Christmas 2019 concert. Gotta be the longest gap between appearances in the white robe.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It is not Oliver M.
The one you thought was Oliver is Joe Cranitch.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:15 pm">2 years ago</span> It is not Oliver M.
The one you thought was Oliver is Joe Cranitch.
Had a look again and you’re probably right. And isn’t it Joe’s first appearance in the white robe since Christmas 2019?
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Is the video still available? Can't seem to be able to find it
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:37 am">2 years ago</span> Is the video still available? Can't seem to be able to find it
Yes, you still can find it if you choose "sort by most viewed" under "Recordings". It is the first video of the results :wink:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!