New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by fan_de_LoK »

aoba wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:46 pm">2 years ago</span> The Japanese edition will be released on October 27th.
It is interesting that the artwork has the same basic design but different colors.

https://libera-records.com/discography/libe-0013/

The differences of the Japanese version vs the Western :
- New colourful cover
- tracks in different order
- a bonus audio track 'Headlight/Taillight', which is the vocalise known to have been used in the TV drama 'Shitamachi Rocket'.
- A DVD having the music video of 'If', 'For the Future', interview and & off-video of arrival date and time

In addition, a lottery will allow to win a 'Libera if box". Content of the box is unknown yet
Usually, in order to enter such Japanese lottery, you will have to purchase a CD, cut a stamp from the corner of 'Obi' (a small paper jacket that comes with the CD), then paste it on a postcard that will be to send to Libera Records.

In addition, the Japanese CD + DVD will also be available for the Japanese fan club members, with a 2022 calendar as benefit.
No details yet, but if it matches the 2019 and 2020 calendars, it will likely be a desktop sized calendar, meaning 18 * 14 cm (7 * 5.5 in)

There will be benefits as well if you buy your CD from various shops.
- Tower Records : a 'if' ballpoint pen
- HMV : a 'if' diary
- Yamano : a 'if' clearfile
- Rakuten : a B3 poster calendar (B3 = 35.3 x 50 cm or 13.9 x 19.7 in)
- Tsutaya : a 'if' sticker sheet size A4 (A4 = 21 * 29.7 cm or 8.2 * 11.7 in)
- Amazon Japan : a 'big jacket' (no details yet. Likely a CD jacket I guess)
- other various shops (list to come later) : a 'if' diary
Such benefits are in limited number or time. They are on a first ask first served basis.
If you want something, be sure to read the FAQ of the seller site because at times benefits are not available for online purchase, or not available to be sent by mail abroad Japan.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

This video was posted yesterday. It looks like Daniel and Dominik's voice haven't broken yet. That's a good news.
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:19 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, the preview to "Once an Angel" had me excited to hear the full track. However, I have mixed feelings after hearing the whole thing. I like the atmosphere of it and I think the lyrics are quite meaningful. However, it doesn't quite captivate me like some of Robert's other compositions. My feelings about this track are kind of like my feelings about "Stabat Mater" from the Hope album. But, I like that one a little more because it has a more unique melody and Isaac as a soloist. Nevertheless, I like "Once an Angel" enough that I will still listen to it occasionally. I'll probably end up liking Robert's "O Lord Support Us" more than this song.

I too compared this song with "Stabat Mater" though I never grew to like "Stabat Mater" whereas "Once an Angel" has grown on me a lot after listening to it a few times. I think it would be amazing in concert!
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:39 pm">2 years ago</span> There's no doubt that "Sing for our World" is one of the best tracks on the album. The only issue is that I've heard the original recorded version of the song (Nusantara) so many times that it will be hard for me to avoid comparing the two. However, I think I can enjoy both versions on their own merits.
Only listened to the original once but I could not agree more! Definitely one of the best on the album!!!
aoba wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:46 pm">2 years ago</span> The Japanese edition will be released on October 27th.
Interesting consider they normally design completely different artwork. I wonder what compelled them to merely modify it this time. :?:

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:59 pm">2 years ago</span> There will be benefits as well if you buy your CD from various shops.
Such benefits are in limited number or time. They are on a first ask first served basis.
If you want something, be sure to read the FAQ of the seller site because at times benefits are not available for online purchase, or not available to be sent by mail abroad Japan.

Thanks for this information! On HMV it was not immediately clear which was the CD and which the CD+DVD combo, but the higher price clarified that immediately :lol: I have no desire for this diary but have used them as a vendor before so I checked it out.

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:23 pm">2 years ago</span> This video was posted yesterday. It looks like Daniel and Dominik's voice haven't broken yet. That's a good news.

Nice find! Thanks for linking this. Hopefully we will see more little videos like this moving forward. *fingers crossed*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

With the pre-release of "Sing for our World" today I must admit this song has become a total earworm and is threatening to become a personal favorite too :D It is a fun and upbeat song done in Libera's classic "crossover" style which is usually incorporates elements of pop, new age, and classical music. Though no new age with this one! :lol: Anyway, according to the boys themselves in interviews, the song is quite a challenge even for these seemingly indefatigable choristers. They do a wonderful job and I'm totally hooked. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Agreed - plus we get the added bonus with two shouts of 'Hey!' in this song which we didn't hear at the St John's concert. Looking forward to the full album release in October and any supporting videos that might be presented during that time. I'm guessing there will be one for the title track....'IF'

p.s. prior to the lyrics being released I always thought it was 'Sing for our world and 'a hopeful tomorrow'..instead of 'our hope for tomorrow'...thanks to the lyrics for putting me right ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:23 pm">2 years ago</span> This video was posted yesterday. It looks like Daniel and Dominik's voice haven't broken yet. That's a good news.
Well, Daniel's voice should be safe for a while. However, while Dominik's voice hasn't yet broken, it sounds like his voice is changing when you compare it to previous videos of him speaking. I believe he is 14 years old.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

I prefer colors. And with something extra (an IF ballpoint perhaps?) I think I will order my CD in Japan.
:D :D :D :D

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:59 pm">2 years ago</span>
It is interesting that the artwork has the same basic design but different colors.

https://libera-records.com/discography/libe-0013/

The differences of the Japanese version vs the Western :
- New colourful cover
- tracks in different order
- a bonus audio track 'Headlight/Taillight', which is the vocalise known to have been used in the TV drama 'Shitamachi Rocket'.
- A DVD having the music video of 'If', 'For the Future', interview and & off-video of arrival date and time

In addition, a lottery will allow to win a 'Libera if box". Content of the box is unknown yet
Usually, in order to enter such Japanese lottery, you will have to purchase a CD, cut a stamp from the corner of 'Obi' (a small paper jacket that comes with the CD), then paste it on a postcard that will be to send to Libera Records.

In addition, the Japanese CD + DVD will also be available for the Japanese fan club members, with a 2022 calendar as benefit.
No details yet, but if it matches the 2019 and 2020 calendars, it will likely be a desktop sized calendar, meaning 18 * 14 cm (7 * 5.5 in)

There will be benefits as well if you buy your CD from various shops.
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:04 pm">2 years ago</span>
Well, Daniel's voice should be safe for a while. However, while Dominik's voice hasn't yet broken, it sounds like his voice is changing when you compare it to previous videos of him speaking. I believe he is 14 years old.
Daniel is 13, a dangerous age for a boy's voice, so I wasn't sure if something was happening, especially since apparently Victor's, Neo's, Laurence's, Mathias' and Alexandre's voices broke. Dominik's voice is lowering, but maybe he will be able to sing treble for a while even of he can't sing top notes anymore. Nathan looks confident, maybe we will hear a solo from him soon.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:47 pm">2 years ago</span>
Daniel is 13, a dangerous age for a boy's voice, so I wasn't sure if something was happening, especially since apparently Victor's, Neo's, Laurence's, Mathias' and Alexandre's voices broke. Dominik's voice is lowering, but maybe he will be able to sing treble for a while even of he can't sing top notes anymore. Nathan looks confident, maybe we will hear a solo from him soon.
Actually, I believe Daniel is still 12, but turns 13 in a few months.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think that’s why the album will be bittersweet to me as so many of the recordings won’t be sung by the boys on the album if they get performed live but the quality of the album I think is sky high so it’s a great album for them to get final solos on.

I am at the stage where I am just appreciating everything we get because who knows when they will get to do a full tour again. Fingers crossed we get the December concert as well.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:01 pm">2 years ago</span>
Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:47 pm">2 years ago</span>
Actually, I believe Daniel is still 12, but turns 13 in a few months.
Well, he's growing up, but his voice sounds as always, so let's hope he could still sing solos for a while.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:39 pm">2 years ago</span> I think that’s why the album will be bittersweet to me as so many of the recordings won’t be sung by the boys on the album if they get performed live but the quality of the album I think is sky high so it’s a great album for them to get final solos on.

I am at the stage where I am just appreciating everything we get because who knows when they will get to do a full tour again. Fingers crossed we get the December concert as well.
Yes! Let's hope it's broadcast too for those unable to travel to the UK.
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Great song list! Can't wait for the actual CD! I already pre-ordered mine.

These are the three soloists I am 100% sure.

Once an Angel - Victor Wiggin is the soloist, no idea who the harmony singer is.

If - We all know it is Daniel White.

Cum dederit - Dominik Clarke is the soloist.

Nearer my God to thee had six soloists in the concert on 2018. Will they tell us who they are in the CD?

I hope Home has a new soloist and is not a repeat from the Hope album.

I could not tell from the short teaser on Ave Maria if that is Tadgh on the solo.

I cannot even guess on Vespera, Num dimittis, or Lux Aeterna who the soloist may be. We have so many new talented boys who could be doing their first solos. Let's hope for a video so we can see who they are.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The third digital full single to be released ahead of the CD is 'Home'.
It will be released at midnight in your local, on the night of September 2 to 3.

The song is already available on Amazon Japan, but not yet in Europe.
(Just 3h30 to wait for French, 4H30 for British, etc.)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:33 pm">2 years ago</span> Great song list! Can't wait for the actual CD! I already pre-ordered mine.

These are the three soloists I am 100% sure.

Once an Angel - Victor Wiggin is the soloist, no idea who the harmony singer is.

If - We all know it is Daniel White.

Cum dederit - Dominik Clarke is the soloist.

Nearer my God to thee had six soloists in the concert on 2018. Will they tell us who they are in the CD?

I hope Home has a new soloist and is not a repeat from the Hope album.

I could not tell from the short teaser on Ave Maria if that is Tadgh on the solo.

I cannot even guess on Vespera, Num dimittis, or Lux Aeterna who the soloist may be. We have so many new talented boys who could be doing their first solos. Let's hope for a video so we can see who they are.
Thanks for this; and, yes, we want videos. Like the video of "If". Hopefully we will know all of the soloists sooner rather than later.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:35 pm">2 years ago</span> The song is already available on Amazon Japan, but not yet in Europe.
(Just 3h30 to wait for French, 4H30 for British, etc.)
In short, too long. :wink: lol Silliness aside, thanks for the information!