Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by GlennJalmas »

Breaking news from Libera Official🙂..

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

They shouldn't scare us with the "breaking news" phrase. I was thinking something terrible had just happened, like all the boys voices just "broke" this morning.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oh Libera! :lol: They put the album announcement on their website, the news run around the globe, and hours later they tweet about big news. So I got confused and thought, also with regard to the photos, they might mean the release of the "If" video. :oops: Good that they had the announcement of the pre-releases in their luggage now, this is indeed breaking! :mrgreen:

And five? Food for more speculation? :wink:

If I'm very honest, I'd like to wait with the listen especially of the new songs until I can enjoy the entire album as one unity at the first time, absorb and marvel at them one by one anew. But I don't believe that in the end I'm capable of such self-restraint, and my curiosity will have the final say.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

I'm not quite sure if this has been discuss in this forum previously🤔. But in this photo Daniel is sitting on a box that seems to be the letter "F". I'm curious if this is related to the music video of If.
Attachments
IMG_20210731_123009.jpg
IMG_20210731_123009.jpg (95.09 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
IMG_20210731_123009.jpg
IMG_20210731_123009.jpg (95.09 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:40 am">2 years ago</span> I'm not quite sure if this has been discuss in this forum previously🤔. But in this photo Daniel is sitting on a box that seems to be the letter "F". I'm curious if this is related to the music video of If.
It is. In their programme to the 2020 concert at St. John's Smith Square, you find a hint to the video filming as of October 2020, together with the photo you posted and also one with the full word - well, not much needed to complete it :wink: - "if".
SJSS 2020 If.JPG
SJSS 2020 If.JPG (50.91 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
SJSS 2020 If.JPG
SJSS 2020 If.JPG (50.91 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

So I assume we've all seen it before, that we can listen to the small extracts of If on their official website. :D

I'd like to point out we can see the lyrics too, AND at first I was curious about the English words being put in the quotation marks, later I found out those are translations, not the lyrics themselves (I realized that when I saw the lyrics of Schubert's Ave Maria - which we've already known that Libera sings it in full Latin). :lol:

Really looking forward to this new album, it has been a difficult time for us here in this particular area of Vietnam. :D
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:45 pm">2 years ago</span>
GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:40 am">2 years ago</span> I'm not quite sure if this has been discuss in this forum previously🤔. But in this photo Daniel is sitting on a box that seems to be the letter "F". I'm curious if this is related to the music video of If.
It is. In their programme to the 2020 concert at St. John's Smith Square, you find a hint to the video filming as of October 2020, together with the photo you posted and also one with the full word - well, not much needed to complete it :wink: - "if".
SJSS 2020 If.JPG

Thank you🙂. Hopefully it won't be long for them to release the music video.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Track #1 'Once An Angel' is now available in full version :D

It can be purchased as MP3 (Amazon)

And it is also available as streaming from various sites as Deezer or Spotify, etc.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

A recent Tweet from Libera Official🙂.

GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:27 am">2 years ago</span> Track #1 'Once An Angel' is now available in full version :D

It can be purchased as MP3 (Amazon)

And it is also available as streaming from various sites as Deezer or Spotify, etc.
The song is absolutely stunning,those piano keys at the beginning is so solemn and as for me Once an Angel features the life of a choirboy and it's truly sad that there's some things in life that we really have to let go. Anyhow,this is an impressive new composition from Robert Prizeman. I'm looking forward for the release of the other songs and of course the upcoming album.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Is it 'Victor' on the solo? Very nice song fitting for the times we've been through recently.

...also 'moose' has been sorting out the photo's ready for the promo campaign in the leadup to the CD & Video release.
When I’ve finished taking photographs they all need to be sorted out. Luckily I know all the keyboard shortcuts so I don’t often make moostakes.
"
libmoose.png
libmoose.png (534.45 KiB) Viewed 973 times
libmoose.png
libmoose.png (534.45 KiB) Viewed 973 times
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yes it’s Victor singing the road :mrgreen:

What a wonderful song and a great start to the new album.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A wistful song "Once An Angel" is. With Victor's solo opening the song, the mellow atmosphere is enhanced by the piano and gentle descants. The song then proceeds to build up as if opening a door to the rest of the journey the album promises to take on.

I like the song and the singing! It's a nice calm piece, but I can already tell it will not be a favorite - I suspect the song "If" may already hold the #1 position for me but it remains to be seen.

In a concert this would work well as the opener to ease the audience into the more boisterous second track; but on an album I am surprised that the title track is not the first track as convention would normally dictate.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

With Let me make songs and If following, I think that Once an angel will work quite well as the opener of the subsequent musical journey. What I like most are the lyrics, the structure of the verses along with Victor's solo parts and the instrumental accompaniment.

Any idea who the second voice in the second verse might be (will the memory of their music fade away? No more the voices we knew [...] the words be lost?)? Maybe Oliver?
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:10 pm">2 years ago</span> With Let me make songs and If following, I think that Once an angel will work quite well as the opener of the subsequent musical journey. What I like most are the lyrics, the structure of the verses along with Victor's solo parts and the instrumental accompaniment.

Any idea who the second voice in the second verse might be (will the memory of their music fade away? No more the voices we knew [...] the words be lost?)? Maybe Oliver?

I thought Victor sung all solo parts ?