Hi I'm John Weston, an old member of angel voices

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

John_Weston

Hi I'm John Weston, an old member of angel voices

Post by John_Weston »

Hi all,

I just recently came across forum after trying to find some of my old friends. I was in the choir from around 1996. I saw James Smith posted as oldboy and Andy winter is here. I remember Ben well too, his family were the first vegetarians I knew (funny the things you remember).

I'm not sure what to say. My time at the choir was really amazing and I enjoyed every second of it. Rob prizeman was a great guy too and really professional.

The voices i remember as standing out, to start with was Oliver putland but I always thought Darren Gs voice was just as good; I actually preferred it. Liams was great but my favourite was always Adam Harris. I very much enjoyed steven G when he later joined and also Alex Barrons.
These lads would sing next to me and I would be in awe. I just appreciated being able to sing well enough to be in the group.

I'm open to any questions or any names you're trying to find but it seems you've done some great work here on the site.

Thanks all,
John (no relation to kit weston lol)
LordG

Re: Hi I'm John Weston, an old member of angel voices

Post by LordG »

Great to have you here. Make yourself at home. :-)
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

John_Weston wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:01 am">3 years ago</span>John (no relation to kit weston lol)
First thing I wondered :lol:

Nice to have you here John, and thank you for giving us an insight of your experience within the group!

Many questions come to mind, but firstly would you mind identifying yourself ?
You say you joined in 1996, so you may be seen on one of these videos ?

1997 - Salva Me

1998 - God Rest You Merry Gentlemen

1999 - Onward Christian Soldiers

Thanks again for offering your help, and as LordG said, welcome aboard :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello John

Welcome to the forum. Interesting to see your picks for favourite voices, some great choices - Adam certainly had a stellar voice but Steven G is my all time pick :D How long were you with the group and have you ever been tempted to see a performance by the current line up? You're probably going to get hit with lot of questions from people trying to piece together the early years of the group when there is less published information.

I normally offer a sung welcome for new board members but it seems a bit redundant in your case :lol:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome! As Yorkie has already stated you will have some eager beavers asking you some questions about your time with choir. But your description is already certainly interesting!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There is a thread about Early Libera Members where there is an ongoing discussion about identifying photos of members of St. Phillip's Choir / Angel Voices / Libera. It's located in the "Members" section. They might appreciate any help you could provide.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:49 am">3 years ago</span> There is a thread about Early Libera Members where there is an ongoing discussion about identifying photos of members of St. Phillip's Choir / Angel Voices / Libera. It's located in the "Members" section. They might appreciate any help you could provide.
Welcome John! Yes indeed, we would appreciate your help in identification! Here's the link to the post: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2309