Libera Returning to the US?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Returning to the US?

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:48 pm">3 years ago</span> I wouldn’t even count on 2022 because the cost of the tour is met mostly by very generous donors as we know tours don’t make money so with the world in a massive recession because of Covid I can’t imagine a tour that costs a quarter of a million dollars happening.

Libera also are not earning much because they can’t perform either to help boost income.
I think we can be optimistic in the sense that they might be extra motivated for a long tour at that juncture given that their US tours are by far their longest at 2-3 weeks. Also I think Libera of the US has pulled off several consecutive, or nearly consecutive, tours which increases my optimism. Obviously, you are right, if nobody donates then the tour is not going to happen. But I think they have done a good job raising money against all odds so with a lot of time to spare I think it can happen.
justin

Post by justin »

I anticipate an outpouring of funds due to pent up demand. I for one, will be very happy to donate :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

justin wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:14 am">3 years ago</span> I anticipate an outpouring of funds due to pent up demand. I for one, will be very happy to donate :)

Yes if it’s safe to do so I will donate something coz I will need a holiday. I miss traveling in general so much.

To have all this down time and not be able to go anywhere is a pain.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

I saw a comment of two last year, made from an historical point of view, that it took two years for the Spanish Flu of 1918 to run its course. Experts believe that this pandemic, despite having a vaccine, will most likely take about the same amount of time.

We have a year and half behind us from the last U.S. summer tour, that has seen donations come in, and a year and a half to the next U.S. summer tour (hopefully) for Libera fans to continue sending in their donations to help raise the necessary funds.

Therefore, I remain optimistic for the summer of 2022. :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:05 pm">3 years ago</span>
justin wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:14 am">3 years ago</span> I anticipate an outpouring of funds due to pent up demand. I for one, will be very happy to donate :)

Yes if it’s safe to do so I will donate something coz I will need a holiday. I miss traveling in general so much.

To have all this down time and not be able to go anywhere is a pain.
WOOHOO!! Would be nice to see you again. :D

Don't worry, if your plans change we'll be sure to remind you of your unwavering promise to attend that tour made at this very forum. :wink: