St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Post by TullyBascombe »

Where on the SJSS website do we purchase the streamed concert?
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 am">3 years ago</span> Where on the SJSS website do we purchase the streamed concert?
It will most likely show up in the 'On Demand' section, sometime after the 2nd concert.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yesterday was the first of december and so I turned my calendar to december and I realised :o We might not have a Libera calendar for 2021 !!! If one of you guys attend the concert at SJSS and calendars are on sale, do you think you could buy me one ? I will pay for the calendar + the price to send it to France. I can't survive without it :D
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:00 pm">3 years ago</span> Yesterday was the first of december and so I turned my calendar to december and I realised :o We might not have a Libera calendar for 2021 !!! If one of you guys attend the concert at SJSS and calendars are on sale, do you think you could buy me one ? I will pay for the calendar + the price to send it to France. I can't survive without it :D
In the news section of their website Libera commented that "Unfortunately we are unable to sell any merchandise at this concert.", so you should'nt hope too much... :cry:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh right, I forgot :cry: Maybe they will sell calendars on the website... please ?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Netnutter wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:03 am">3 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 am">3 years ago</span> Where on the SJSS website do we purchase the streamed concert?
It will most likely show up in the 'On Demand' section, sometime after the 2nd concert.
Now appears in the 'Scheduled Premieres' under Online performances https://www.sjss.org.uk/online-performances, but no further details on pricing and availability at present.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

PROGRAMS!! PROGRAMS!! GET YOU SJSS PROGRAMS HERE!! ONLY £3

https://libera.org.uk/news/st-johns-smi ... programme/
or
https://libera.org.uk/product/sjss-program-2020-pdf/

Libera now have the Souvenir Program for the concert available on their website.

Wow. They have 42 boys listed.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Very nice Program (27 pages) with a lot of interesting pictures (for example from the production of 'Carol of the Bells' video and some Christmas motives), totally worth 3 GBP! :D
Last edited by theriverflowson on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

The photo section of the program also reveals which song will be featured in a music video. It seems that it will be quite different than other music videos they have done recently. I hope they can do all the songs on the program, but it's understandable if they have to make some last minute changes. I don't recall ever seeing a long introduction written by Robert Prizeman in previous concert programs, so that was a nice surprise.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

A great selection of music! WOW, 13 songs and 3 new ones! I hope very much they will be able to perform all of them. I'm very glad about "Ding dong.." as it was so much fun to see that song a year ago live. And I also hope, Dominik will be still in the front with "Sing Lullaby".

Netnutter wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:47 pm">3 years ago</span> Wow. They have 42 boys listed.
Yes, quite a lot and many new names! Sadly, but inevitably there are some names missing as well.
In fact, there are only 41 names. One of the names seems to be written in two lines, so the line-up appears as if it had 42 entries. But look, the names are listed in alphabetical order, so it wouldn't make much sense if the one, just single name was another boy. Assuming so, there are 8 new names listed - this would fit the 8 new boys we saw during the online mini-concert in June.

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:33 pm">3 years ago</span> I don't recall ever seeing a long introduction written by Robert Prizeman in previous concert programs, so that was a nice surprise.
This was definitely an excellent read and a very nice surprise. Yes, it's pretty much unusual, but this year is very unusual in every regard and keeping Libera busy and not allowing for any discouragement during the past months must have been a big challenge for Libera staff. Apparently they did a great job keeping the choir together and this is something I'm very grateful for.

I haven't missed any single concert in Europe (UK + Moscow) since Ely 2017. This time I'm not able to come to London, so I'm so grateful, the concert will be filmed and made available for online viewing.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:33 pm">3 years ago</span>I don't recall ever seeing a long introduction written by Robert Prizeman in previous concert programs, so that was a nice surprise.
I simply love what and how he wrote! A preface full of warmth and empathy, and it gave me goosebumps.

andmar wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:19 pm">3 years ago</span> In fact, there are only 41 names. One of the names seems to be written in two lines, so the line-up appears as if it had 42 entries.
These are Spanish surnames - Spanish people usually have two of them. The one which appears in a single line is the second surname.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:31 pm">3 years ago</span> These are Spanish surnames - Spanish people usually have two of them. The one which appears in a single line is the second surname.
Oh, look, I wasn't aware of that. :D So, this confirms it, that one boy's name appears in two lines.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A nice introduction by Robert and three new songs....WOW! :o
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes something definitely worth reading and a nice introduction to the concert tomorrow. Good luck to all those that can attend (limited availability for the 5pm event). I'm thinking SJSQ could have their most international take-up of a livestream concert when it becomes available.

Edit: A basic free concert programme is now available from SJSS website https://www.sjss.org.uk/sites/www.sjss. ... gramme.pdf
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez