St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Post by TullyBascombe »

The US is not on the travel corridors list so I would have to be willing to self isolate in England for 14 days prior to the event.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:12 am">3 years ago</span> The US is not on the travel corridors list so I would have to be willing to self isolate in England for 14 days prior to the event.
I'm not sure I'd be willing to self-isolate for two weeks in England and I live here! I have tickets, although not sure I will be able to go even if the concert goes ahead...

It won't be the same without all the international fans to share the experience with.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

I got tickets to both shows (if going through the trouble of getting to London in a pandemic might as well make the most of it).

I would put the chance of it actually happening at around 5% sadly. Hope I am wrong though, could use something to be cheerful about.

I do have a spare ticket for each show so if the event does happen will offer those here. It looks like no reserved seating too.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

If Libera wanted to sell tickets for the streamed concert I would be totally up for that.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

I tried to book tickets but it says it's completely sold out. I pray hard they'll sell tickets for the live streaming because there's no way I'll be able to fly there from Singapore :(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

But... why would you need a ticket if you can't go to London for 6 December ? :shock:
Tickets are for people that will be go in-person to Saint James Smith Square on the concert day.

The information how to access to the streamed concert are not yet published, as it is said on the libera official site:
https://libera.org.uk/news/concerts-at- ... uare-2020/
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I wonder what the hold up is on issuing tickets or information for the streaming concert? I know that with the UK lockdown everything is up in the air, but with two weeks to go before the show it is probably time to make that available. :?
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Who knows if it will happen?

I have a spare ticket to both concerts, send me a PM if you are interested.

For those attending, there are some crazy good hotel deals in London at the moment. You would think we were in the middle of a pandemic!

I still have a feeling this won’t take place, but trying to be optimistic!

S.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:09 pm">3 years ago</span> I wonder what the hold up is on issuing tickets or information for the streaming concert? I know that with the UK lockdown everything is up in the air, but with two weeks to go before the show it is probably time to make that available. :?
The current official lockdown ends on December 2nd. Probably a couple of days before that date further regulations regarding the pandemic will be published by the UK government. Once they have been announced it will be clear, if concerts are allowed after December 2nd or not. I think this is pretty much the reason for the delayed announcement of the streaming access, as at the moment it still isn't certain, if the concert can take place.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:14 pm">3 years ago</span> But... why would you need a ticket if you can't go to London for 6 December ? :shock:
Tickets are for people that will be go in-person to Saint James Smith Square on the concert day.

The information how to access to the streamed concert are not yet published, as it is said on the libera official site:
https://libera.org.uk/news/concerts-at- ... uare-2020/
Ah, I recently attended a Vienna Boys Choir concert online and had to pay for a ticket to get it streamed, so was thinking that perhaps the ticket on 6 Dec is for the live streaming (though I know they did mention that information to access it will be published later)! Anyway, would gladly pay for live streaming for Libera's concert, I think this whole COVID thing has really been a huge impact on touring choirs all around the world.
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

OK. My fingers, toes, eyes and ears are crossed for London to be put into Tier 1 or 2, after Dec 2nd.
The latest government rules for the new tier system for concerts, like SJSS are...

"public attendance at outdoor and indoor events (performances and shows) is permitted, limited to whichever is lower: 50% capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors"

This only applies to Tiers 1 and 2.

So, unless London get put into Tier 3, in Thursday's announcements, the chances of the Christmas Concert going ahead are quite good. :)

If London does get put into Tier 3, then the concert will not be able to have an audience. But, hopefully, will still be able to have an online show.

So, basically, it will depend on what BoJo the clown announces, for London, on Thursday.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Netnutter wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm">3 years ago</span> OK. My fingers, toes, eyes and ears are crossed for London to be put into Tier 1 or 2, after Dec 2nd.
The latest government rules for the new tier system for concerts, like SJSS are...

"public attendance at outdoor and indoor events (performances and shows) is permitted, limited to whichever is lower: 50% capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors"

So, unless London get put into Tier 3, in Thursday's announcements, the chances of the Christmas Concert going ahead are quite good. :)

If London does get put into Tier 3, then the concert will not be able to have an audience. But, hopefully, will still be able to have an online show.

So, basically, it will depend on what BoJo the clown announces, for London, on Thursday.
Thank you for the update. Still three days to wait until we know if the concert is allowed or not. I hope very much it will take place. If yes, then probably by the end of the week we'll know how to gain access to the streaming service. Fingers crossed! :) (still a bit sad though, that many international fans including myself won't be able to come to London to see the concert live :( )
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 pm">3 years ago</span>
Netnutter wrote: <span title="Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm">3 years ago</span> OK. My fingers, toes, eyes and ears are crossed for London to be put into Tier 1 or 2, after Dec 2nd.

Thank you for the update. Still three days to wait until we know if the concert is allowed or not. I hope very much it will take place. If yes, then probably by the end of the week we'll know how to gain access to the streaming service. Fingers crossed! :) (still a bit sad though, that many international fans including myself won't be able to come to London to see the concert live :( )
OK. Today, London has been announced as being in Tier 2, after the lockdown ends on Dec 2nd.
I am hoping for confirmation that the concerts are definitely going ahead but tier 2 rules does allow for reduced attendance and so, unless there's further, unexpected changes from SJSS or Libera, it looks like the concerts will go ahead. :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes if you live in a tier 1 & 2 area you should be able to attend this concert
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rus-uk-map

Anyone in tier 3 - sit back & enjoy the online stream (should it still be available)

Tier 2
  • public attendance at outdoor and indoor events (performances and shows) is permitted, limited to whichever is lower: 50% capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Netnutter

Post by Netnutter »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:54 pm">3 years ago</span> Yes if you live in a tier 1 & 2 area you should be able to attend this concert
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rus-uk-map

Anyone in tier 3 - sit back & enjoy the online stream (should it still be available)

Tier 2
  • public attendance at outdoor and indoor events (performances and shows) is permitted, limited to whichever is lower: 50% capacity, or either 2,000 people outdoors or 1,000 people indoors
Just a small add-on to this. For those that are planning on going to the concert, information regarding the COVID safety procedures in place for SJSS can be found at the following link.

https://www.sjss.org.uk/sites/www.sjss. ... ite_v2.pdf