Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Spring concert 2020. Ely Cathedral, 6th June

Post by dani »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:22 pm">4 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 pm">4 years ago</span>
Well it’s official because it’s from Ely Cathedral who are hosting the concert. You don’t need Libera to confirm because Ely have that done that for them. I am sure at some point they will but it won’t change anything :mrgreen:
Yes it will, because a lot of people will get the news from Libera if they are not huge fans who keep an eye on the Ely cathedral updates :) And I don't expect new ticket sales until Libera gives an announcement.

Everybody who has a ticket for Ely will have confirmation about the new date though. So every fan going to Ely will be told about the new date from Ely. That’s why Ely sent out emails to inform the people going to the concert.
andmar
Silver Member

Re: Spring concert 2020. Ely Cathedral, 6th June

Post by andmar »

*** Edit ***
Read more here: http://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/view ... =36&t=3334
*** Edit ***

No concert in Ely on 6th June, but instead:
IMG_20200525_155339.jpg
IMG_20200525_155339.jpg (348.31 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
IMG_20200525_155339.jpg
IMG_20200525_155339.jpg (348.31 KiB) Viewed 1380 times

https://twitter.com/officiallibera/sta ... 09089?s=19

https://libera.org.uk/news/libera-mini-concert/
andmar
Silver Member

Ely Cathedral 2020

Post by andmar »

Libera has officially announced the Ely concert now. The concert was originally planned for the 6th of June 2020 but due to the coronavirus pandemic it had to be postponed. The ones, who had bought tickets for the performance, received a notification from the cathedral previously. Now the date is confirmed by Libera themselves.

Of course, it's not very convenient as the concert is now planned for a Wednesday, but I'm sure many of us will do the best to come, as we have missed out favourite choir for a while. :)

I only hope very much, that the pandemic situation will be under control to that extent, that this concert will take place as planned.

https://libera.org.uk/event/ely-2020/
Ely2020Announcement.jpg
Ely2020Announcement.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
Ely2020Announcement.jpg
Ely2020Announcement.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Ely Cathedral 2020

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Good news that the date is officially confirmed :)

The 28th of October is in 4 months of time, which is short. The boys will have probably to perform in front of a strange audience wearing masks :wink:
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

But it is no longer listed on the Cathedral site.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Something to look forward to for those able to attend! I think it gives the choristers something to work for as well. All performers need and want an audience after all.
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:56 am">3 years ago</span> Good news that the date is officially confirmed :)

The 28th of October is in 4 months of time, which is short. The boys will have probably to perform in front of a strange audience wearing masks :wink:
Probably! :lol:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Definitely interesting as some U.K. theaters have now said they can not open before 2021 because Social distancing just won’t work In their premises. So Ely d we all sit on benches close together so that’s a no no in this pandemic world for a starter. Every other seat will have vacant and as they how sold so many tickets how would Ely go about that as you would have to half the attendance crowd?

I do hope if it’s safe though that it goes ahead as the mini concert showed me how much I miss them. I am just not going to get my hopes up for them to then get dashed in September :mrgreen:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

So, when would Libera realistically be able to rehearse in the same room again? They need a decent amount of time together to be well prepared for the Ely concert. I'm interested to see the results of the experiment being done with the choristers of Salisbury Cathedral, and how this could affect Libera going forward.
LordG

Post by LordG »

As we all know the spring concert is posponed to October, 28th 2020.

A quick look at the cathedral's website shows that the concert is not listed.
https://www.elycathedral.org/events

The only hint you could find is at
https://libera.org.uk/event/ely-2020/

I know it is still two month to go but I doubt this concert will take place.
The number of Covid cases is on the rise again.
Other events that were planned for October and to which I wanted to go are now postponed until next year.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Small chink of hope is that some 'live' events are now beginning to take place in UK, but with Covid secure restrictions in place. Still waiting for a definitive scientific conclusion to suggest a choir singing on stage is anymore infectious than piling into your local on a Saturday night. As with everything since the start of this epidemic the messages are so mixed nobody really knows how this situation will resolve itself. I'm starting to think the halls will have to be decked with boughs of Holly before we see the white robed boys in concert again, with most likely a UK base to next years concerts.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I don't think that anything will be planned until spring of 2021.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

This is sad but ultimately not surprising :cry:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Aled Jones was scheduled to perform a concert in Ely Cathedral just one week prior to Libera.

Then, about 10 days ago the Aled Jones event was taken down from the Cathedral Website.
Now I see the event is back visible, but with a new comment written in red, saying "This event has been postponed until 2021."
https://www.elycathedral.org/events/aled-jones

If a concert scheduled just 6 days before Libera's happens to be postponed, it seems unlikely that the libera concert will still be held for October 28.
Especially since unlike the Aled Jones concert, that of Iibera has not reappeared on the cathedral website since the first postponement.
LordG

Post by LordG »

As I have learned from well-informed circles, the Spring Concert 2020 will again
be postponed to Saturday, April 24th, 2021. It is not official yet, but under the
given circumstances it is the better solution.

If the spring concert 2020 is already postponed to spring 2021, it can probably
be assumed that the Christmas concert 2020 will not take place either.

So the whole year 2020 is more or less a complete disaster.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

LordG wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:14 pm">3 years ago</span> So the whole year 2020 is more or less a complete disaster.
That pretty much describes the state of the whole world.