New EP from Mini Concert

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New EP from Mini Concert

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm going to hope for an actual CD. I like to play Libera in my car, but my car only has a CD player.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hi Tully, that shouldn't be a problem, just take the download and burn the songs on a CD. :)

While I was thinking of a physical release, too. It always seems to be incomplete to me when there doesn't exist a CD, and although almost the first thing I do with it is transferring its songs to the computer, I like to have with a CD in my hands with a nice cover and above all a nicely made booklet. Of course, this means higher cost, but I'd gladly pay more than what the download costs now. However, in lockdown times there may be other issues preventing the production of a CD.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The EP is released today! It looks like all speculation of a physical album can now be put to rest as no such product has suddenly become available. Welcome to the all digital future.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, too bad there is no physical CD :|

Now the reference mentioned by Libera makes sense about the outcome :
Libera at Christmas CD : Ref IHCD73
Hope CD : Ref IHCD75
Hope Vinyl : Ref IH75
Beyond CD : Ref IHC85
Christmas Carols with Libera CD : Ref IHCD89
Apart but Together : IHD090

The D in IHD090 obviously stands for Digital.

I regret there is not a digital booklet to come with the full album.
I bought mine on Amazon.fr :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I suppose I could copy it into my cellphone then jack that into the auxiliary input in my car.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm">3 years ago</span> Yes, too bad there is no physical CD :|

Now the reference mentioned by Libera makes sense about the outcome :
Libera at Christmas CD : Ref IHCD73
Hope CD : Ref IHCD75
Hope Vinyl : Ref IH75
Beyond CD : Ref IHC85
Christmas Carols with Libera CD : Ref IHCD89
Apart but Together : IHD090

The D in IHD090 obviously stands for Digital.

I regret there is not a digital booklet to come with the full album.
I bought mine on Amazon.fr :)
Very observant! I don't blame them for not producing a physical disc because of the fast turnaround time they probably had for releasing this EP. But, yeah, definitely would be nice to have a CD with full booklet (soloist names, song lyrics, commentary, etc). Other digital download providers include a digital booklet as a PDF when purchasing the full album - sometimes these booklets are far more extensive and detailed because there is no limitation on file size as there is with the physical size/cost of a booklet.

Hopefully, if Libera does any digital-only releases in the future they would consider such an option.
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:40 am">3 years ago</span> I suppose I could copy it into my cellphone then jack that into the auxiliary input in my car.
That's a good option.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Their announcing tweet as of 24th June indicated it: "6 songs from our recent Libera MiniConcert - ‘Apart but Together' will be released as a digital EP on Friday (26th June) in high quality audio."

I think that the pandemic time with all its circumstances made the production of a physical CD impossible. I'd love to have a CD too, but I think that's too much to ask. Let us be content; we can be so grateful for what Libera has given us: Such a sophisticated mini-concert online plus releasing the individual songs on their channel plus an EP! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The initial tweet mentioned nothing about the EP being only digital.