Hello i am Chris

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

chrisdavid

Hello i am Chris

Post by chrisdavid »

Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I just heard the new Libera Christmas Album and then saw they will be performing a concert in London shortly. I did a search and found this really interesting forum. Thanks for letting me join. I am in Switzerland, but would really like to see the London Concert if possible. If you happen to have a spare ticket I could buy please let me know. Also does anyone know if they will do a European Tour in the future? Thanks to all those that have been writing such interesting reviews of the concerts. They are an amazing chour.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Hello i am Chris

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hi Chris. If you're interested in a ticket try posting in the Christmas Concert 2019 thread which you will find in the "Concerts and public appearances section". A couple of people just mentioned that they had spare tickets.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome Chris! The new Christmas album is fantastic and I hope that you are able to attend your first concert in London. Whether you do or not, there ought to be a concert in Spring in the UK and you will be able to scoop up tickets much sooner just by participating here and being up to date with current goings-on of the choir. :D

Unfortunately, I do not believe that they are likely to do a tour of continental Europe. While there are reasons to be hopeful as they did a few concerts in Germany and Poland because they were in Poland for World Youth Day a few years back to sing at the festivities there, they have no history of having ever done a proper European tour. With that said, anything is possible and I would encourage you to attend their shows in the UK all the same. It took me roughly 10 years from the time I became a fan of the choir until my first concert. I would not recommend following my example as their live shows are simple amazing.

Hope to read more from you!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

chrisdavid wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:26 am">4 years ago</span> Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I just heard the new Libera Christmas Album and then saw they will be performing a concert in London shortly. I did a search and found this really interesting forum. Thanks for letting me join. I am in Switzerland, but would really like to see the London Concert if possible. If you happen to have a spare ticket I could buy please let me know. Also does anyone know if they will do a European Tour in the future? Thanks to all those that have been writing such interesting reviews of the concerts. They are an amazing chour.
Hi Chris and welcome. Have just discovered Libera recently? Yes, indeed, they are amazing!
It's fantastic you want to attend your first concert. I can tell - it's definitely worth doing. Unfortunately, for us Europeans, they are unlikely to have a European tour. They usually tour in Asia and USA. Fortunately for us Europeans, we are pretty certain to have at least two concerts in the UK every year.

I still have spare tickets. I could upgrade to better seats, that's why I don't need them.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hello Chris and welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like it's not long that you discovered Libera, is that correct? I'd love to know how you came across them and which songs you know, which of these are your favourites and what is new territory for you. As you like to read our reviews, would you mind leaving a few notes about your impressions of the Christmas album in the CD thread?

Hope to meet you in London. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum - how long have you known about the group and how did you find them? There are a few tickets going spare Andmar has some and I have one also - just DM us if you are interested, It's going to be a great concert based on the recent reviews from Japan.

Hope to see you in London, which reminds me:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love