Hello guys

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

KenBurke

Hello guys

Post by KenBurke »

Hi. I’m Ken. My 1st experience with Libera was Nov 28, 2013. I sent my wife off to a church group while I babysat. Stumbled across “Christmas in Ireland” on TV and recorded it for my British wife to watch as soon as she got home. Anne & I have been fans ever since. Because we’ve adopted some special needs children we both can’t travel away from home together. “When Libera in America” was announced I was the 1st one to send a donation to JR’s request. He emailed a thanks and said he hoped to see me at the concert. I responded that, though I was happy to donate I couldn’t afford the trip. JR gave me airline miles and I ended up staying at the same hotel. Since then I’ve been to 4 more concerts and 4 support luncheons. My last one was St Louis where I also brought 2sons & 2grandchildren. As soon as a concert ends I start saving for the next year. I could afford now to go to all the US concerts, but I pick the one where the luncheon is at, bring some family and donate to Libera. It’s Oct 26, 2019 and I’m up to US$750 saved!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Hello guys

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Ken & welcome to the forum.

I've given you your own thread as I think your post was being missed before. I think I remember the story of JR helping to bring a fan to the concert and if you've been to the supporter functions I'm sure you will have met some of our other members along the way. I can only assume that it was my presence on the "Christmas in Ireland" DVD that made you into a fan :lol:

So, I think you deserve my 'legendary' welcome video:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
KenBurke

Post by KenBurke »

Thanks for the reply and for the Oliver clip. I recently read Jack Wild’s (Artful Dodger) biography. Talented guy!

I’ve got my preorder in for Libera’s new cd. Interesting that it’s not on Amazon this time. I’m looking forward to Christmas and watching “Ireland” again and looking for your cameo!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hi Ken,

That concert in 2014 was my first also. Welcome to Libera Dreams.

Since your latest concert was in St Louis perhaps you would be interested in relating your personal highlights of that concert such as your favorite songs?