New CD "Christmas with LIBERA" in 2019

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: New CD "Christmas with LIBERA" in 2019

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for the information. This increases my anticipation even more! The uniqueness of several arrangements comes out more on the iTunes preview than on the official Libera website. :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I have to say that after hearing the samples of Sam Coates' arrangements, his creativity as an arranger keeps getting better and better. I wonder if his talents will start to be noticed by others outside of Libera if they haven't already.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The long sample from Itunes Japan clearly shows that 'Noël Nouvelet' is sung fully in English.
Sacrebleu! Trahison !! :twisted:
The boy in St Louis that told me the words where French had probably just the title in mind :lol: :roll:

The Itunes Japan sample allows us to hear the start of the song and the 3 firsts verses.
Then the sample from the official site is a repeat of the 1st verse, with lot of emphasis, which is likely at the end of the song.
Hopefully the full song has the 6 verses :)

Here the English lirycs, from this page :
  1. Noël nouvelet, sing we a new Noël
    Thank we now our God, and of His goodness tell;
    Sing we Noël to greet the newborn King;
    Noël nouvelet, a new Noël we sing!

2. Waking from my sleep, a vision came to me;
    For before my eyes there stood a flow'ring tree,
    Where on a bright red rosebud I did see.
    Noël nouvelet, a new Noël sing we.

3. How my heart did glow, with inward joy divine!
    For with rays of glory did the rosebud shine,
    As when the sun doth blaze on break of day.
    This new Noël sing we: Noël nouvelet!

4. Then a tiny bird ceased joyous song to say
    Unto certain shepherds: "Haste you now away!
    In Bethlehem the newborn Lamb you'll see."
    Noël nouvelet, a new Noël sing we!

5. Mary and Joseph in Beth'lem they found,
    Where the infant lay, with ox and ass around,
    And for a crib, their manger full of hay.
    This new Noël sing we: Noël nouvelet!

6. So, upon my bed, I saw these wonders all, "
    Dreaming of a Child, an Infant Child so small:
    Jesus of Naz'reth, called a King to be.
    Noël nouvelet, a new Noël sing we!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I'd rather have the English version pronounced well than the original French lyrics pronounced poorly. Although, I thought they would get Victor to do a verse in French.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have just downloaded Walking In the Air and Luca has such amazing voice. He has a Great Future ahead of himself as his voice is out of this world considering he is still so young and he already sounds this good.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

For those who missed a step: 'Walking in the Air' is already available for purchase and download from various Amazon sites :)

As examples :
Amazon UK - £0.99
Amazon US - $1.29
Amazon FR - €1.29
Amazon JP - ¥ 250
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

For some reason Amazon keeps telling me they are unable to process my order :? sth to do with my payment info and address even though I updated all of that after the first time this message showed up...
Wish I could join in the admiration for this song (yes, I know I said I'd wait before I listened to the album... but I think I can make one exception :wink: )
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
bamboo
Silver Member

Re: New Christmas CD in 2019

Post by bamboo »

Surpinto wrote:03. Do you hear what I hear / Do you hear what I hear
Music – Gloria Shayne Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Noel Regney
I listened to the samples on ITunes Japan and it seems that there are a few soloists for Do You Hear What I Hear? I wonder who are they since they aren't mentioned in the above listing.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quote alleviation
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm">4 years ago</span> I have just downloaded Walking In the Air and Luca has such amazing voice. He has a Great Future ahead of himself as his voice is out of this world considering he is still so young and he already sounds this good.
Yes, hard to believe he is 9 (or assume he was when this was recorded). There are a few other incredibly gifted singers too so it looks like the next few years are going to be excellent ones.

I must say overall I'm very impressed with the sound of this album and am really looking forward to it now.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So the cd has now been officially released in Japan.

If I get too impatient I may try and download it from Japan iTunes.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm">4 years ago</span> So the cd has now been officially released in Japan.

Exactly how I feel right now :lol: But I plan on waiting the international album. Every minute is going to be torture, and I might be off this site at some point when I suffer too much from reading people's reviews :roll:
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Not sure whether this has been covered here or not. It's been suggested that "Carol of the Bells" is an older recording from an earlier release. I don't, however, know of any COTB recording that begins with a single voice (as this one does on the Japanese sampler) instead of a small ensemble. I've checked the 2011 Christmas Album, the music video, and the Christmas in Ireland version. Is there another I don't know about, or is this a new recording of the song?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:53 pm">4 years ago</span> Not sure whether this has been covered here or not. It's been suggested that "Carol of the Bells" is an older recording from an earlier release. I don't, however, know of any COTB recording that begins with a single voice (as this one does on the Japanese sampler) instead of a small ensemble. I've checked the 2011 Christmas Album, the music video, and the Christmas in Ireland version. Is there another I don't know about, or is this a new recording of the song?

Some people guessed it was a old recording but it must be a new recording imo

It makes no sense to stick a old version on with a new bunch of boys.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Especially when the last studio record was in 2011 if I do not mistake. The last Christmas Carol on a CD was the live record from the Irish concert.
Could it be that they kept the 2011 version and recorded only the introduction part ? That would be strange but some people said the soloists at the end of the song sound very similar to the 2011's.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:32 pm">4 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm">4 years ago</span> So the cd has now been officially released in Japan.

Exactly how I feel right now :lol: But I plan on waiting the international album. Every minute is going to be torture, and I might be off this site at some point when I suffer too much from reading people's reviews :roll:
I join you in that. Close eyes and stay strong. I will not read any reviews before I have been able to listen to everything myself. And I'm planning to wait for the international release as well ... planning! :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"