2019 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

LuxVenit
Silver Member

Re: 2019 US Summer Tour

Post by LuxVenit »

I also echo the sentiments about the heat. I've been afraid to check the extended weather forecast in fear of what I might see! It's been so hot and humid here in MN this past week, ugh! I don't know how Southerners do it.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

LuxVenit wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 pm">4 years ago</span> I also echo the sentiments about the heat. I've been afraid to check the extended weather forecast in fear of what I might see! It's been so hot and humid here in MN this past week, ugh! I don't know how Southerners do it.
There's not going to be any heat wave this week, and it should be a little cooler in the Cathedral compared to the 2011 concert. The current National Weather Service forecast temperatures for St. Paul are as follows:
Monday- 59/78, Tuesday- 60/82, Wednesday- 62/84, Thursday- 64/83, Friday- 68/84
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:00 am">4 years ago</span>
LuxVenit wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 pm">4 years ago</span> I also echo the sentiments about the heat. I've been afraid to check the extended weather forecast in fear of what I might see! It's been so hot and humid here in MN this past week, ugh! I don't know how Southerners do it.
There's not going to be any heat wave this week, and it should be a little cooler in the Cathedral compared to the 2011 concert. The current National Weather Service forecast temperatures for St. Paul are as follows:
Monday- 59/78, Tuesday- 60/82, Wednesday- 62/84, Thursday- 64/83, Friday- 68/84
The forecast keeps changing, so I won't put up any more predictions. There could be some thunderstorms Thursday night and Friday.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

USLibera just put on an instagram story a live video of the boys being in a layover somewhere in an airport in the US.
If you do not follow him already, you should :)

https://www.instagram.com/uslibera

Can someone here start to make a list of all visible boys ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

All I have seen so far is a tweet with a picture of six of the boys en route to Minnesota. Oliver M, Tadgh, Cassius, Ethan, Calam and Frederick. Twenty-one more to come.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

-- and from Justin's facebook post (at O'Hare) Dominik, Taichi(?), Daniel, Ben B.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks to this post from the St Louis cathedral facebook account, the program of the US concerts is revealed.

It is the same as in Arundel, with likely 'America the Beautiful' as additional encore with Smile.

Veni Creator 
Orinoco flow 
Sanctus 2
Angele Dei 
Music
The prayer 
Salve Regina
From a distance 
Stay with me 
Angel
Voca me 
Joyful joyful 

INTERMISSION

How shall I sing that majesty 
Wonderful world 
In paradisum 
How great thou art
Always with you 
Amazing grace 
Libera 
Poor little Jesus 
Exultate 
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

john45 wrote: All I have seen so far is a tweet with a picture of six of the boys en route to Minnesota. Oliver M, Tadgh, Cassius, Ethan, Calam and Frederick. Twenty-one more to come.
This means that you don't have yet an account on Instagram :)
By registering on instagram and following uslibera, you will be able to see his 'stories', which are short video that lasts only for a few hours.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

So it's been a few years since I last attended a Libera concert. I live an hour away from the Twin Cities and while I'm at the concert my ride is going to find other entertainment (not a Libera fan, unfortunately). How long should I tell them to bum around for? Around 2 hours? I can't wait!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:37 am">4 years ago</span> Thanks to this post from the St Louis cathedral facebook account, the program of the US concerts is revealed.

[...]
Veni Creator
Orinoco flow
[...]
So Veni Creator underwent an upgrade to being in the official set list now? :lol:

And wow - I had overlooked before that it is Sam Coated who arranged Poor Little Jesus.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
justin

Post by justin »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:01 pm">4 years ago</span> Can someone here start to make a list of all visible boys ?
From the multiple photos and 1 Instagram story, I see the following boys:

Matthias Montoro
Leo Barron
Peter Kielty
Ethan Barron
Alex Menuet
Alex Gula
Ben Bywater
Jack Spicha
Dominik Clarke
Daniel White
Cassius Collard
Neo Parson
Taichi Shinokubo
Koji Shinokubo
Oliver Watt-Rodriguez
Oliver Mycka
Tadgh Fitzgerald
Nathaniel Bates-Fisher
Calam Virk Tamana
Luca Brugnoli
Laurence Davey
Felipe Jackson
Luke Batteson-Dalpiaz
Frederick Mushrafi
Johnny Gardner
Victor Wiggin

Boys I don’t see:

Rocco Tesei
Romeo Tesei
Nicholas Taylor
Joseph Cranitch
Laurence Taylor
Sam-Francis Collins
Ben Weevil

Do correct me if there are any errors.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

If you're going to the St. Paul concert tonight, there could be some widely scattered thunderstorms around the time of the concert, so keep an eye to the sky!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I hope everybody has a fabulous first concert tonight and best of luck to the boys.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:01 pm">4 years ago</span> If you're going to the St. Paul concert tonight, there could be some widely scattered thunderstorms around the time of the concert, so keep an eye to the sky!
Aye! I'm on my way up now. bachmahlerfan, what part of MN are you from? You don't have to be specific, I'm just curious. I'm from the southeast, about 45 mins to an hour south of the Cities. I am so happy that Libera is back in Minnesota!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

LuxVenit wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:30 pm">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:01 pm">4 years ago</span> If you're going to the St. Paul concert tonight, there could be some widely scattered thunderstorms around the time of the concert, so keep an eye to the sky!
Aye! I'm on my way up now. bachmahlerfan, what part of MN are you from? You don't have to be specific, I'm just curious. I'm from the southeast, about 45 mins to an hour south of the Cities. I am so happy that Libera is back in Minnesota!
Well, I live about five miles south of downtown St. Paul. I'm going to the St. Louis concert instead of this one, although I did purchase a couple tickets for other people to attend the St. Paul concert.