2019 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: 2019 US Summer Tour

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote: Oklahoma City: This may unfortunately be the least accessible of the three cities; especially for those travelling from the St Louis concert. For starters I could find no direct flight from St Louis to Oklahoma City.
What about that flight from Southwest ?
It is a direct flight St. Louis to OKC :)
Screenshot_20190415-133048_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190415-133048_Samsung Internet.jpg (63.74 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Screenshot_20190415-133048_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190415-133048_Samsung Internet.jpg (63.74 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 am">5 years ago</span> That's exciting news! I look forward to seeing you on tour, though I hope to meet you sooner than that in Arundel.
Thank you Tom. Yes, it's so very much exciting. And yes, I will be in Arundel as well and I look forward to meeting you there. :D

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:07 am">5 years ago</span> By the way, if you have to decide between OK City and Minneapolis/St. Paul, I would definitely go with the latter. I'm not saying that OK City is a bad place, but I think the Twin Cities are more interesting. Also, the acoustics in the Cathedral of St. Paul are great for a Libera concert. The only issue is that it lacks air conditioning, so if we have hot weather you'll want to bring something to fan yourself with. If you like exploring parks, the Twin Cities area (not just Minneapolis/St. Paul) has great park systems surrounding the rivers, creeks, lakes and forests. If you had to decide between the Twin Cities and St. Louis, that's a tough call. St. Louis is usually hotter in late July than the Twin Cities, but their Cathedral has air conditioning, unlike the Cathedral of St. Paul. It also has some excellent tourist attractions. St. Louis is a city that I would like to explore one day, so I'm not going to discourage anyone from going there.
hiskeys wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 am">5 years ago</span> I see that Oklahoma City has Bricktown, an area downtown with lots of places to eat, shop, river taxi rides, putt-putt golf, laser tag, etc.
Thank you for the information. Though, I think I'll skip OK City anyway.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 am">5 years ago</span> Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions; I've spent much of the day looking into all options in detail. As usual though, finances and other logistical factors dictate plans rather than the other way around :lol: :roll:. So I have decided to settle on attending in Saint Paul only. See you all there! :D
:o Well, Surpinto, you didn't think I would let it be that way and allow it not to meet you when I come to the US, did you? No way! I have revised my plans and now I WILL come to St.Paul too. :D :D :D :D :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:34 pm">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: Oklahoma City: This may unfortunately be the least accessible of the three cities; especially for those travelling from the St Louis concert. For starters I could find no direct flight from St Louis to Oklahoma City.
What about that flight from Southwest ?
It is a direct flight St. Louis to OKC :)
Excellent find! :D Thank you and I am glad to be wrong on this. I always forget to check Southwest because it's not on Google Flights and I do not like their system with seats and boarding :lol: but it's definitely an option.
andmar wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 pm">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:56 am">5 years ago</span> Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions; I've spent much of the day looking into all options in detail. As usual though, finances and other logistical factors dictate plans rather than the other way around :lol: :roll:. So I have decided to settle on attending in Saint Paul only. See you all there! :D
:o Well, Surpinto, you didn't think I would let it be that way and allow it not to meet you when I come to the US, did you? No way! I have revised my plans and now I WILL come to St.Paul too. :D :D :D :D :D
WOOHOO!!! That's awesome and I'm really flattered! Looking forward to seeing everyone in Saint Paul! :D :D :D :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It looks like they are selling individual seats for the Cathedral of St. Paul concert, which I'm happy to see. The obstructed view seating areas aren't available. I suppose they would only open those up if all the other seats sold out.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Looks like the fan party is announced for the day of the concert in St. Louis (Monday July 29th). You have to have donated $600 to Libera of the US between the end of the last tour and just before this tour begins.

https://twitter.com/UsLibera/status/1118278499242889216
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Tickets for the Garden Grove concert are now on sale :)

https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... ndon-2019/

Sadly the concert is scheduled for the Arboretum once again, not for the main Cathedral :|
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:39 am">5 years ago</span> Tickets for the Garden Grove concert are now on sale :)

https://christ-cathedral-concerts.ticke ... ndon-2019/

Sadly the concert is scheduled for the Arboretum once again, not for the main Cathedral :|
I'm a little surprised, considering that the London Oratory Schola is performing in the main Cathedral a couple weeks before the Libera concert. The Facebook posting mentions the continuing installation and voicing of the pipe organ as the reason for this. I don't think Libera normally uses the pipe organ at their venues, so I'm wondering if the installation is making some area off limits where Libera would have performed. It might be easier for a traditional choir without orchestra to perform in there during the installation, since they don't have the same space requirements. In last year's radio interview, John Romeri implied that Libera would have the opportunity to sing in the main Cathedral this year. So, I'm guessing they're behind schedule.
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Has anyone been able to find a seating chart, of which seats are premium, special, etc? I have been in the front row for the past 2 years, but 100$ is simply too much for me.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

katyafan wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:09 pm">5 years ago</span> Has anyone been able to find a seating chart, of which seats are premium, special, etc? I have been in the front row for the past 2 years, but 100$ is simply too much for me.
No chart but to give you an idea: last year I had a "special front" ticket which gave access to the section starting at row 7, if I remember correctly. There were no specific seats assigned, so I still had to queue and ended up in the first row of said section, which to me was just fine. Sometimes it's nice to have a little bit of distance to the stage, rather than being right up front - but that's personal, I guess ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:45 pm">5 years ago</span>
katyafan wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:09 pm">5 years ago</span> Has anyone been able to find a seating chart, of which seats are premium, special, etc? I have been in the front row for the past 2 years, but 100$ is simply too much for me.
No chart but to give you an idea: last year I had a "special front" ticket which gave access to the section starting at row 7, if I remember correctly. There were no specific seats assigned, so I still had to queue and ended up in the first row of said section, which to me was just fine. Sometimes it's nice to have a little bit of distance to the stage, rather than being right up front - but that's personal, I guess ;)
Thank you very much!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The libera official site says Tickets for the concert in St Louis will go on sale on May 15th at 12:00pm (US Central time), at https://www.CathedralConcerts.org
See here.

If the St Louis Cathedral Basilica ticketing system works as usual, then seats will not be reserved and numbered, there should no need to rush at the sale opening.

Unless an unlikely change in their ticketing procedures, unless a miracle occurs, fans can only expect to have a seat in the category 1 section, and then it will be on a 'first arrived first seated ' basis then the gates will open :?

Here below is the usual seating char that applies for concerts there.

Cathedral-COLORED-Seating-Chart.jpg
Cathedral-COLORED-Seating-Chart.jpg (126.06 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
Cathedral-COLORED-Seating-Chart.jpg
Cathedral-COLORED-Seating-Chart.jpg (126.06 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Have any of you tried to buy tickets for St Louis?

I just got in the website and there is a section that asks how I heard about it but gives no options to pick and it is a required field.

It did not let me buy because I could not select anything. Did you have the same issues? If you did, how did you fix it?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

@Egorbea2018 : you are right, the webmaster seems to have a strange sence of marketing.
Though, you can access the sale procedure by starting it from their calendar. Go to July 29th and click the dot visible on that day.

But, I hope you are an US resident, because someone at St Louis Cathedral chose to limit the tickets sale to people living in the USA only :?
The credit card is said to be linked to american adress only.
20190516_072716.jpg
20190516_072716.jpg (231.39 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
20190516_072716.jpg
20190516_072716.jpg (231.39 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

On the billing address page, the country is preset on the USA and it can not be modified.
20190516_072811.jpg
20190516_072811.jpg (110.82 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
20190516_072811.jpg
20190516_072811.jpg (110.82 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Derek

Post by Derek »

Just use your own address postcode with the incorrect country (USA). Most credit card companies only check the postcode. It worked for me, but of course you can’t have the tickets sent to that address, so you will have to collect them at the door before the concert. They don’t send the tickets by email (only snail mail) ☹️