22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: 22 June 2019 - Arundel, UK Concert

Post by Padmachou »

Guys, any of you coming with a car ?
I'm looking for a place to stay with my grandma for the night. There is an Inn about 1,6 kilometers from the cathedral. That is too far away for her to walk. If one of you could drive us there, that would be a miracle.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:27 pm">5 years ago</span> Guys, any of you coming with a car ?
I'm looking for a place to stay with my grandma for the night. There is an Inn about 1,6 kilometers from the cathedral. That is too far away for her to walk. If one of you could drive us there, that would be a miracle.
I would have been if I could have got a decent seat but that didn't happen so not sure if I'll be attending now. Unfortunate but these things happen. I had forgotten how small Arundel is as a venue.

#Edit# looks like my trip is back on!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:27 pm">5 years ago</span> Guys, any of you coming with a car ?
My Wife and I are making a short holiday of this concert and staying in the coastal village of Rustington for the night before and three nights after. Will happily pick you up (and return) on the concert evening if you are stuck. Best to PM me to discuss further?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm">5 years ago</span> #Edit# looks like my trip is back on!
Good! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This was the configuration 1h 15mn after the sale opened.
On the 349 available seats, 179 were taken, meaning 51,3%

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I know it is a slim chance but if anybody has a spare premium ticket I know of a fan who would be keen to buy it (it's not for me, I struck lucky already).

Mercy & Love
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

With regard to the "Waiting Room" found this explanation:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/kb/manag ... om-feature

Although it's not clear to me whether one just sits and waits or not :? Given that adding this feature would have been as a request from Libera management, it's a shame they didn't see fit to advise people that it had been activated and point us at the above :(
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

For up coming concerts I will await getting a seat before booking flights, hotels. I must admit have always got premium seating up to now just given the cost of travelling you do not want to be stuck in a corner.
TrebleVoices

Post by TrebleVoices »

I did well this time with my seat, but in the past I've missed out and ended up a few rows back.

So I always book events that way round: Tickets first, then flights then hotel.

It has meant I've had to abandon trips and lost out on tickets after discovering travel or accommodation didn't work out... but in terms of price I'd rather lose money on a event ticket than a flight or hotel.
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Up to now I always got tickets first but the problem June is not a good time flight wise, if you do not get in early you are up in the hundreds for flights very easily, Ok if you are doing a longer trip but for just a overnighter a bit much. Any way not a problem and being a bit further back the sound may well be better, it will not distract from the enjoyment at all. With a new venue and town to explore be a good day out, Bring on retirement will not have to worry about getting out and back for work in a couple of days.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

A bit less than eight weeks until the 22nd June and the seats look like this now:

Arundel 2019 - status 04-29.JPG
Arundel 2019 - status 04-29.JPG (51.94 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
Arundel 2019 - status 04-29.JPG
Arundel 2019 - status 04-29.JPG (51.94 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It looks like it'll be a sellout.

Does this mean that it is time to start speculating about the set list? :wink: Will they sing any of the Christmas songs from the new album of hold off due to the summer season? I think they will hold off. As for setlist we know they will sing "Sanctus" :lol:. But will they sing "From a Distance" or has Merlin's voice already completely changed? It could always be a new soloist of course. I am sure they could stick with "Wayfaring Stranger" and "Smile" and "Prayer" as they have Victor and Daniel for that still. "Salve Me" and "Libera" and "Joyful Joyful" have been standard on setlists for a little while now too.....

hmmmmm 🤔
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm">5 years ago</span> Will they sing any of the Christmas songs from the new album of hold off due to the summer season? I think they will hold off.
:shock: Such a possiblity didn't even come to my mind at all. No, I don't think and don't hope that they'll sing Christmas songs. It's not necessary to go that far. :lol:

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm">5 years ago</span> As for setlist we know they will sing "Sanctus" :lol:.
Now what do you derive such guess from?!?! :o :mrgreen:

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm">5 years ago</span> But will they sing "From a Distance" or has Merlin's voice already completely changed? It could always be a new soloist of course. I am sure they could stick with "Wayfaring Stranger" and "Smile" and "Prayer" as they have Victor and Daniel for that still. "Salve Me" and "Libera" and "Joyful Joyful" have been standard on setlists for a little while now too.....hmmmmm🤔
Salva Me hasn't been seen in the set list anymore since Brighton, to my greatest regret. That's unimaginable, isn't it? I want to beg Libera to please include it in the programme again. It just belongs to a Libera concert.

While I could well do without Smile, meanwhile I have become tired of the song. I think they could continue to sing I am the Day and I've been hoping since it was gone that they also get Angele Dei back on stage. I have felt it as unjustified to cancel such a marvelous song so soon, while a song like Smile stays and stays.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm">5 years ago</span> Does this mean that it is time to start speculating about the set list?
Not speculating but hoping! Firstly, no to Christmas songs; it ain't going to happen in UK in June.

I don't expect these to be on the set list but Mysterium (full version) to open 2nd half and Vespera - come on Rob, you know it makes sense :D

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 pm">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 pm">5 years ago</span> Does this mean that it is time to start speculating about the set list?
Not speculating but hoping! Firstly, no to Christmas songs; it ain't going to happen in UK in June.

I don't expect these to be on the set list but Mysterium (full version) to open 2nd half and Vespera - come on Rob, you know it makes sense :D
"Vespera" would be a dream come true. Although I can't make Arundel I'm certain that whatever they sing there will be nearly identical to the US tour program.