Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera "The Friendship Tour" (Philippines 2019)

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Just fall on some old videos of Libera singing in TV music shows in the Philippines.
2010 : Bayan Ko
2011 : Carols of the Bells
2013 : Joy to the World

I have no remind about a performance in a Philippino TV show during the other tours, in 2009 and 2016, but perhaps I'm wrong (?)

It will be fun if they can enlighten another TV show during this 2019 tour :)

Mini-Quiz: Only 3 boys from the 2013 tour in the Philippines were still on stage at last recent concert in Moscow.
Can you name them ? :wink:
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Mini-Quiz: Only 3 boys from the 2013 tour in the Philippines were still on stage at last recent concert in Moscow.
Can you name them ? :wink:
I'd guess Marc Alvarez, Alex Gula, and either Alex Montoro or Camden Stewart.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Correct :)
Marc Alvarez, Alex Gula, and Alex Montoro are the 3 last remaining from the October 2013 Philippino tour.
Camden Stewart appeared on concert at St. George, November 2012, at the same time as Marc Alvarez and Alex Montoro, but he was not in the Pines tour 2013.
Alex Gula appeared at Guildford May 2013.

It will be interesting to see in a couple of days who among the 3 is returning to Manila and Cebu in 2019 once again :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Amie was so quick with her answer I didn't even see the quiz until it was too late. :lol:
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:20 am">5 years ago</span> It will be interesting to see in a couple of days who among the 3 is returning to Manila and Cebu in 2019 once again :wink:
It is interesting how many they take with them varies from one tour to another. Some tours have upwards of 30 choristers, others have closer to 25 - and then there was that figure-skating related trip at which only 8 boys sang. I am also curious to see how many come along this time.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Thanks for finding the 2010 Bayan Ko video Patrick. This was new to me.
Great to see RP (0.26),EL,BG and SG (0.30) joining in the fun.
Freddie's expression of sheer joy at 1.45 is priceless.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Here's a new video for the tour: https://www.facebook.com/LoveLiberaPhil ... =2&theater
I'm glad to see that one particular member has returned after being absent. I wonder if the group will be identical to those present at the Moscow concert (other than DW of course). Ben W. was absent, but hopefully he will be back. I don't know if any of the new mini-boys are ready to go on tour yet, but if one did come along, I would guess Luca B.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

An additional Meet & Greet is organized on Thursday, February 21, at 6pm at SM Seaside.

It's the mall were occured the Cebu concert in 2016.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 am">5 years ago</span> Here's a new video for the tour: https://www.facebook.com/LoveLiberaPhil ... =2&theater
I'm glad to see that one particular member has returned after being absent. I wonder if the group will be identical to those present at the Moscow concert (other than DW of course). Ben W. was absent, but hopefully he will be back. I don't know if any of the new mini-boys are ready to go on tour yet, but if one did come along, I would guess Luca B.
Thanks for the link. Here's the video embedded here at LDF for anyone who prefers to view it that way

james010101

Post by james010101 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 am">5 years ago</span> Here's a new video for the tour: https://www.facebook.com/LoveLiberaPhil ... =2&theater
Glad to see Daniel W back in action. Sadly, at least 2 of the Moscow group will not attend the PH tour.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Another Meet & Greet with the fans in a shopping mall has been announced, this one in Manila.

Fans have now 4 events with libera :
- Sunday 17th, 15:00, Meet & Greet in Manila, at Robinsons Magnolia shopping center
- Tuesday 19th, 20:00, Concert (and M&G) in Manila, at Meralco Theatre
- Thursday 21st, 18:00, Meet & Greet in Cebu, at SM Seaside shopping center
- Saturday 23rd, 20:00, Concert (and M&G) in Cebu, at Waterfront Pacific hotel
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm">5 years ago</span> Fans have now 4 events with libera :
- Sunday 17th, 15:00, Meet & Greet in Manila, at Robinsons Magnolia shopping center
It's so sad that other than the Manila concert, I cannot attend anything else. If only the two M&Gs were announced sooner... :cry:

How about the setlist? There are only 5 days until the first concert... I do have my finger crossed for certain ones, and for some songs I'm pretty sure they'll appear on this time's setlist. :roll: What do you guys think?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A lot of stuff happening in the Philippines; thanks fan_de_LoK. :D
kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 am">5 years ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:03 pm">5 years ago</span> Fans have now 4 events with libera :
It's so sad that other than the Manila concert, I cannot attend anything else. If only the two M&Gs were announced sooner... :cry:
I'm really sorry to hear that. If only Libera's tour organization and advanced notice was as beautiful as their music.... :roll: :cry:

But you will enjoy the concert all the same I'm sure and get a few things signed afterwards! :D
kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:34 am">5 years ago</span> How about the setlist? There are only 5 days until the first concert... I do have my finger crossed for certain ones, and for some songs I'm pretty sure they'll appear on this time's setlist. :roll: What do you guys think?
My assumption would be that the set list will be similar to their last non-Christmas concert in Westminster. Perhaps with "Bayan Ko" added in for good measure?

Which songs are you hoping for? If it's "Sanctus" I predict a 100% chance of it appearing - no more, no less. :lol:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am">5 years ago</span> Which songs are you hoping for? If it's "Sanctus" I predict a 100% chance of it appearing - no more, no less.
The new Sanctus, of course that is on my list. :lol: Other than that, other songs are mostly on the Westminster's just as you said. Mysterium, The Prayer, the two Ave Maria's, How Great Thou Art, Voca Me, In Paradisum, I Am The Day, Eternal Light, and of course the special Nearer My God To Thee & Bayan Ko! I haven't had a chance to listen to these ones live yet... :roll:
Other than that, I'm also hoping for Angele Dei (personally I would exchange that with In Paradisum) and Home but it's unlikely for them to be able to appear on the setlist this time, I guess.

I may add the biggest pleasure is to see Benedictus Deus performed live, and the smallest is Orinoco Flow.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am">5 years ago</span> But you will enjoy the concert all the same I'm sure and get a few things signed afterwards!
I have a small question that I want to ask Merlin, so I do hope what you say will actually happen. :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 am">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am">5 years ago</span> Which songs are you hoping for? If it's "Sanctus" I predict a 100% chance of it appearing - no more, no less.
The new Sanctus, of course that is on my list. :lol: Other than that, other songs are mostly on the Westminster's just as you said. Mysterium, The Prayer, the two Ave Maria's, How Great Thou Art, Voca Me, In Paradisum, I Am The Day, Eternal Light, and of course the special Nearer My God To Thee & Bayan Ko! I haven't had a chance to listen to these ones live yet... :roll:
Other than that, I'm also hoping for Angele Dei (personally I would exchange that with In Paradisum) and Home but it's unlikely for them to be able to appear on the setlist this time, I guess.

I may add the biggest pleasure is to see Benedictus Deus performed live, and the smallest is Orinoco Flow.

I'm very happy and excited for you and like your set list. Ok, most of. :wink: I also agree with you about Angele Dei. I enjoy In Paradisum, but the real unique one is Angele Dei, which I've always greatly loved now as ever, while In Paradisum is not able to maintain that same interest in me.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 am">5 years ago</span> The new Sanctus, of course that is on my list. :lol: Other than that, other songs are mostly on the Westminster's just as you said. Mysterium, The Prayer, the two Ave Maria's, How Great Thou Art, Voca Me, In Paradisum, I Am The Day, Eternal Light, and of course the special Nearer My God To Thee & Bayan Ko! I haven't had a chance to listen to these ones live yet... :roll:

"Benedictus Deus" is highly unlikely I would think but the others are very possible and probable! A good list of songs.
kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 am">5 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:50 am">5 years ago</span> But you will enjoy the concert all the same I'm sure and get a few things signed afterwards!
I have a small question that I want to ask Merlin, so I do hope what you say will actually happen. :D
Let us know if you managed it.