2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by john45 »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:34 pm">5 years ago</span>
Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:29 pm">5 years ago</span> John is now correctly identified in the photo taken with the boys during the 2017 Japan tour in Part 10 of the Timeline (I hadn't yet met him and Patrick, which I was pleased to do at the San Francisco concert this year). I always appreciate such corrections. Thanks!
Sorry Amie and Egor Bea, but the person in the timeline photo is actually John Henderson. Aside from having the same first name I am surprised that we should be mistaken one for the other. John H is almost two feet taller than I am, whereas I am several inches wider than he. I am also the better looking.
So why note change the picture rather than the caption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBO1k09UAAAyLhn.jpg:large
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Libera of the US has posted a few new videos of the tour, including this one, in which a couple forum members are mentioned at 4:52 :) :

And this one, in which Daniel describes some kind of contest for teddy bears:

There are a few other videos on the YouTube channel as well. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks! I must have missed the San Antonio signing one. Funny video. I love how the video had to be stopped to explain Mic the Cat. :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

There is so much banter going on in that San Antonio video, it will probably reward multiple viewings :) I like how it captures the atmosphere, the way I remember from the signings I attended.

Also on the Libera US Youtube channel there is a really sweet video of Daniel introducing his teddy bear that he took with him on tour :) Just such a charming video.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

john45 wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 am">5 years ago</span>
john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:34 pm">5 years ago</span>
Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:29 pm">5 years ago</span> John is now correctly identified in the photo taken with the boys during the 2017 Japan tour in Part 10 of the Timeline (I hadn't yet met him and Patrick, which I was pleased to do at the San Francisco concert this year). I always appreciate such corrections. Thanks!
Sorry Amie and Egor Bea, but the person in the timeline photo is actually John Henderson. Aside from having the same first name I am surprised that we should be mistaken one for the other. John H is almost two feet taller than I am, whereas I am several inches wider than he. I am also the better looking.
So why note change the picture rather than the caption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBO1k09UAAAyLhn.jpg:large
OK, the guy in the photo is now just "John."
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Christ Cathedral has just sent out an e-mail newsletter including a photo of the Libera concert.

The headline reads:
Another GREAT Concert at CHRIST CATHEDRAL
by the LIBERA BOYS CHOIR from London.
Gorgeous music sung to a packed house!
​August 7, 2018

I think it's nice how they take the opportunity in their newsletter to look back on this concert :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Still no info for the broadcast date of the radio interview 2018 ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:47 am">5 years ago</span> Still no info for the broadcast date of the radio interview 2018 ?
I've seen nothing. Maybe it didn't air or, if it did, it was on actual radio and not advertised on the web? I have no idea why we haven't heard anything yet. :? I think it's a safe bet though that nothing will be forthcoming at this stage given how much time has passed; unless this interview was somehow connected to the new CD.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

I've been a little disappointed that the boys haven't posted a blog about the US tour! I know that after many of the tours they post a multi-part travelogue about their activities, etc.

Thanks to chris17 for posting the two clips showing the boys in a more relaxed setting. They are a little more talkative and rambunctious talking to the videographer since he is commonly around them. It is so cute seeing them acting more like children than the professionals we usually view them as. I have seen a little of this in them at the signings, but this clip really takes it to a higher level! lol
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:22 pm">5 years ago</span> I've been a little disappointed that the boys haven't posted a blog about the US tour! I know that after many of the tours they post a multi-part travelogue about their activities, etc.
Me too, but with the most recent blogger,Gregor, absent from the tour perhaps there won't be one this time. Who could take over this function? Based on not very much, my guess is that Nathaniel or Leo might be equal to the task.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

frankstuart wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:22 pm">5 years ago</span> I've been a little disappointed that the boys haven't posted a blog about the US tour! I know that after many of the tours they post a multi-part travelogue about their activities, etc.
These often take a few months to get on the website. The 2017 US tour blog part 1 didn't appear until about this time last year and that was a quick turn around. The other parts appeared over the course of about 1.5 months. So who knows when (and if) these blogs will show up.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 pm">5 years ago</span>
These often take a few months to get on the website. The 2017 US tour blog part 1 didn't appear until about this time last year and that was a quick turn around. The other parts appeared over the course of about 1.5 months. So who knows when (and if) these blogs will show up.
Thank you for the information. I guess patience is its own reward! Of course, they are also getting ready for their next tour and Christmas is approaching so I'm certain they are all super busy, too.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Some new videos on the Libera of the US YouTube channel in case anyone missed them.

filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Interview broadcast by "Music from the Tower" in sight, 13th October, 10:00 pm Californian time. :)
Thanks to Yumiko who tweeted it.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 pm">5 years ago</span> Interview broadcast by "Music from the Tower" in sight, 13th October, 10:00 pm Californian time. :)
Thanks to Yumiko who tweeted it.
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear about this. After not seeing anything for a while after the re-broadcast of the 2017 interview, I figured there was no new interview to come. I'm guessing it was delayed until now because of the tracks being played from the "Beyond" album.