Beyond - DVD videos

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Beyond - DVD videos

Post by Padmachou »

The first video from the Beyond album is online ! It's In Paradisum... wonderful song.

[EDIT : suppressed]

It is quite strange though... I can't find the original source. The video does not appear if you search it on youtube, you have to own the link to see it. Who did gave the link, then ?

EDIT : it seems there was a leak, and Libera did not gave the link to this video, so I'm removing it... We do not want Libera to be mad at us...
katyafan
Silver Member

Re: Beyond - DVD videos

Post by katyafan »

It has now been posted!

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:03 pm">5 years ago</span> The first video from the Beyond album is online ! It's In Paradisum... wonderful song.

It is quite strange though... I can't find the original source. The video does not appear if you search it on youtube, you have to own the link to see it. Who did gave the link, then ?

EDIT : it seems there was a leak, and Libera did not gave the link to this video, so I'm removing it... We do not want Libera to be mad at us...
It was found first by Egorbea2018 and I Tweeted it but then realised it was an accidental publication (Libera had uploaded it as an unlisted video but it still showed in their video list, they had forgotten to make it a 'private' listing) so I deleted the posts/Tweets.

It's all good now though :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

A little mess, it happens :) What matters is : do you like the video ? :D
I really do ! It had been a while since the last time Libera did a video with the boys walking outside. I find it simple yet beautiful. Who do you think is the little boy at Rocco's left with the big hat ? Joe Cranitch ?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's not the same song as the former "In Paradisium" aka "Lux Aeterna".
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:49 pm">5 years ago</span> It's not the same song as the former "In Paradisium" aka "Lux Aeterna".
No. Check out the Ely concert thread for the details of this In Paradisum.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

The In Paradisum video is fantastic. Beautiful location and kind of mysterious too. Rocco Tesei is extraordinary in this video (of course if you saw him live in the USA tour you know he sounded even better). His voice is sweet, powerful, and perfect. I keep playing it over and over. I am glad he got recorded before his voice changed. He has to be 13 or older, by now. He was nine in the Washington DC DVD. Hopefully, he would hold on to his treble voice for another year.

Another great Libera video!
Egorbea2018

Post by Egorbea2018 »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:24 pm">5 years ago</span> A little mess, it happens :) What matters is : do you like the video ? :D
I really do ! It had been a while since the last time Libera did a video with the boys walking outside. I find it simple yet beautiful. Who do you think is the little boy at Rocco's left with the big hat ? Joe Cranitch ?
It is Cassius Collard. He appears in another scene lighting candles. I did not see Joe or Alex Montoro in the video.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I really like this video. :) Excellent song choice, for one, and the video itself is very nicely done. There's just enough going on to keep it interesting, with the scenery, movement, and just a slight storyline, but at the same time it keeps most of the focus on the song itself. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very well done video. Nice scenery with the drone shots and all too. For those of us who heard this sung in Ely and/or the US tour this song is a real treasure. Rocco is a dynamo and the song is very moving in its own right. I'm very pleased that this song joins the pantheon of Libera videos on YouTube to be discovered by future fans.

The video theme itself is also unique with the lighting of candles and all. I am not sure exactly what everything is supposed to symbolize, though I imagine that the candles being lit and then extinguished are a reference to the transience of life itself as the boys fade out of the shot. The walk to the chapel is perhaps symbolic of seeking for, or maybe even, ascending to heaven or a higher purpose "beyond" our corporeal reckoning. I draw that conclusion on the basis of the lyrics themselves, but perhaps others who are better at poetic interpretations can weigh in.
Egorbea2018

In Paradisum - video

Post by Egorbea2018 »

I found the lyrics translation for In Paradisum. It is beautiful. It is an old requiem hymn sung during the Mass for the dead.
Of course the Libera musical arragement is the best!

In paradisum deducant angeli
In tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres
Et perducant te
In civitatem sanctam Jerusalem
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat
Et cum Lazaro, quondam paupere
Aeternam habeas requiem

May angels lead you into paradise
Martyrs receive you at your arrival
And bring you
To the holy city Jerusalem
May the choir of angels receive you
And with Lazarus, once a pauper
May you have eternal rest
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

In addition to the post above:
For those who wonder about the meaning of the lyrics "Lazarus, once a pauper": this refers to a story found in the Gospel of Luke (chapter 16, verses 19-31) about the poor man Lazarus who dies and is carried by angels to the bosom of Abraham (an image of eternal rest).
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Someone linked to it on the Libera FB page, but here's an article about someone's walk in that area, ending up at St Peter's Chapel -

https://britishcoast.wordpress.com/2017 ... ll-on-sea/

The article has various inside and outside pictures of the 1300 year old church, and other information.

Also, if you use Google Maps and put in "St Peter's Chapel, Bradwell-on-Sea", click on satellite view, then zoom in a couple times, you can take the little yellow man in the lower right, and drag him to the upper of the two blue dots, and it takes you inside the chapel. Then you can click and hold the mouse down to turn around and see the candle holders in the video, for example.
MichaelPorter

Post by MichaelPorter »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:03 pm">5 years ago</span> The first video from the Beyond album is online ! It's In Paradisum... wonderful song.

It is quite strange though... I can't find the original source. The video does not appear if you search it on youtube, you have used phen375 for 3 months to own the link to see it. Who did gave the link, then ?

This album has already started with a very beautiful song. Amani is a song really wonderful. Wong Ka Kui really was a great musician. It is difficult to accept the death of a person as amazing
Last edited by MichaelPorter on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

An intro by Daniel!!